* Viewership ratings: 07.9(Kanto)
    * Broadcast network: TBS
    * Broadcast period: 2007-Oct-12 to 2007-Dec-21
    * Air time: Friday 22:00
    * Theme songs:
    o Main theme: SEISYuN by TOKIO
    o Insert theme: change the world by Eric Clapton

Synopsis

Koizumi Akira, a son of a popular songstress, travels to a small-town cinema in far-off Kochi Prefecture to watch the closing movie before the theatre shuts its doors forever. The movie takes place in the same village but during the Showa 30s (1950s), in the years following the war. The story follows a young soldier who washes ashore on the beach one day, having lost his memory. He is "adopted" by the family who owns the village cinema and given the name Shimanto Taro. Although his past remains a mystery, Taro becomes good friends with many of the villagers, discovering his love for movies and falling in love with a feisty young girl.

Credit Info: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Utahime
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Has anyone seen this drama? Nagase Tomoya plays the role of the grandfather Taro and grandson Akira. Taro's story reminds me a lot of the Jim Carrey movie called the Majestic, where it also features a man who lost his memory and became an important person to the town and the girl in the town fell in love with him too.

Tomoya has changed quite a bit since his days in the Mukodono drama, where he looked softer and boyish, while now in My Boss, My Hero; and this series, he looks kind of rough and manly. He sure has a command for his voice, he can be big guy tough and then it can be quite nice and gentle.

Well, I've been waiting to see a new drama with NT and so I hope this is a good one despite its similarities to The Majestic.

What I want to know...
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Is how old was Taro when Suzu and her father found him in the ocean? Suzu was ten years old then, and he's been in the village for 10 years, which means Suzu is 20 years old, so how old was Taro suppose to be?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Is how old was Taro when Suzu and her father found him in the ocean? Suzu was ten years old then, and he's been in the village for 10 years, which means Suzu is 20 years old, so how old was Taro suppose to be?
    Well, Taro was a college student at Tokyo University when he was drafted into navy during the last days of WW2, so he had to be 22 or less, and 32 by the time story takes place. Yes, the ending is sad. This is one of rare emotional drama.