View Poll Results: Who would win this matchup?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zhang Wuji and Lady Yang

12 41.38%
  • WCY and LCY

16 55.17%
  • Tie.

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZWJ and Lady Yang vs WCY and LCY...

Default ZWJ and Lady Yang vs WCY and LCY...

I was just wondering, if ZWJ and Lady Yang took on WCY and LCY, who would come out on top. WCY and LCY would seem to be unbeatable in their lifetime. Golden Mane Lion King said if someone knew 9 Yin and teamed up with ZWJ's 9 Yang, they would be unstoppable. Can this 9 Yin practitioner be Lady Yang?

So, who you think would win this matchup?

If WCY and LCY manage to use the Jade Maiden swordplay together, they will wtfpwn those two.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    If WCY and LCY manage to use the Jade Maiden swordplay together, they will wtfpwn those two.
    Maybe not. 9 Yum Jen Ging + 9 Yeung Jen Ging would not be something to sneeze at, and we'd be throwing in Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee and Tai Chi Fist/Sword too.

But I can see Wong Chung Yeung and Lam Chiu Ying pulling it out by virtue of having better fighting instincts than Cheung Mo Gei. Lady Yeung, as ever, is an X-factor. What of Yeung Gor's martial arts did she carry into the 14th Century?

I would think this is quite obvious as WCY and LCY both were easily Great level and beyond. And another thing to remember is that they would be able to weild the Jade Maiden SuXin SwordPlay and as the creators of these techniques, they would pretty much be able to fight and cover each other perfectly.

I quite doubt Golden Mane Lion King's words as the word "unstoppable" is so cliched. As if ZWJ and GJ can defeat Duan Yu+Xuzhu+XiaoFeng+East Heretic+Northen Beggar+West Poison+YG+GWM. Haha so they are not "unstoppable" per say.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    I quite doubt Golden Mane Lion King's words as the word "unstoppable" is so cliched. As if ZWJ and GJ can defeat Duan Yu+Xuzhu+XiaoFeng+East Heretic+Northen Beggar+West Poison+YG+GWM. Haha so they are not "unstoppable" per say.
    Well, obviously it's not going to work if we stack eight Greats (with two of the eight possibly Great+) against two. Two on two, however, a 9 Yum + 9 Yeung combo would be pretty damn hard to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Well, obviously it's not going to work if we stack eight Greats (with two of the eight possibly Great+) against two. Two on two, however, a 9 Yum + 9 Yeung combo would be pretty damn hard to overcome.

yea i was being a bit cheeky ssry bout that Still im quite certain WCY and LCY will win :O

If WCY and LCY aren't bickering with each other, it'll be hard to say. I'm leaning towards ZWJ and Lady Yang, though, b/c

- Jade Maiden's limited by construction (LCY designed the most powerful moves to *not* have killing moves, and to "pull back"--see translation for more details)

- Lady Yang understands the basis of WCY and LCY's martial arts. Sure, they'll understand the basis for hers as well, but presumably there was some evolution in the martial arts by the time Lady Yang got to learning them. That's going to give them an edge.

It'll be *really* tight though. They'd win at most by a hair's margin.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

Hmm well to be honest with you guys, i just cant picture ZWJ being able to win either of the Greats (during first Huashan). Can you really picture ZWJ proving his might in front of OuYang Feng, Hong 7Gong, Huang Yaoshi and the lot? I agree he cant be far off but he definitely lacks the edge to win either of the greats who have lots of experience and power to back it up.

However I do think the battle will be drawn out but will eventually become a decisive victory for the Greats.

And good point from Ken is that how much of YG's prowess did Lady Yang possess? Seeing from the general decline of kungfu in HSDS, she shouldnt be a "Sweeper Monk" -like character. Her quick defeat of Zhou Zhiruo was cuz Yang herself was a pro of 9 Yin and knew higher skills of it thus was able to demolish Zhou's attacks quick easily. I personally see her only slightly better than the best of the Du Monks.

Nuff said, WCY and LCY would win

I voted for WCY and LCY because I believe that Lady Yang is below the levels of the other three.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    I voted for WCY and LCY because I believe that Lady Yang is below the levels of the other three.
    That's the kicker. If Lady Yeung's expertise in the 9 Yum Jen Ging isn't at least equal to Cheung Mo Gei's expertise in the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, then their team is sunk.

BUT, if Lady Yeung has Gwok Jing- or Wong Seung-like levels of 9 Yum Jen Ging expertise, then the fight is the Cheung/Yeung Team's to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That's the kicker. If Lady Yeung's expertise in the 9 Yum Jen Ging isn't at least equal to Cheung Mo Gei's expertise in the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, then their team is sunk.

BUT, if Lady Yeung has Gwok Jing- or Wong Seung-like levels of 9 Yum Jen Ging expertise, then the fight is the Cheung/Yeung Team's to win.
    I'm a big believer in battle experience. The fact that Lady Yeung isn't very well known in Wulin leads me to believe that she hasn't been in many fights against top competition. Even if her theoretical knowledge is high, I would think that she would be at a severe disadvantage, compared to her battletested opponents.

I'm a big believer in battle experience. The fact that Lady Yeung isn't very well known in Wulin leads me to believe that she hasn't been in many fights against top competition. Even if her theoretical knowledge is high, I would think that she would be at a severe disadvantage, compared to her battletested opponents.
    She could have been fighting against her parents and siblings (if any), so it would be very hard to say. I know it is an assumption, but yours is no better than mine.

This would be a tough fight. I believe Lady Yang to be around Great level, and together with Zhang Wu Ji they would be nearly unstoppable (assuming you don't pit too many opponents against them). The combination of Wang Chong Yang and Lin Chao Ying should also be equally as powerful as the above mentioned combination. But taking into account that Zhang Wu Ji and Lady Yang probably have more refined techniques, they stand a better chance at winning the duel.

Looking at how JY described her fighting skill and the way she carried herself, I doubt JY intended for her to be all theory and no substance. However, WCY and LCY are real veterans of wulin while ZWJ is someone who gets punked by even Xuanming Elders in certain situations. So I'd bet on the older couple.

Anyway, LCY argues with WCY, Lady Yang turns up late so its a no-contest which leaves ZWJ waiting by himself at Huashan wondering where everybody is.

I'm a big believer in battle experience. The fact that Lady Yeung isn't very well known in Wulin leads me to believe that she hasn't been in many fights against top competition.
    Lin Chaoying was also a nobody in wulin.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    She had one hell of a sparring partner though.

Not to the same extant. LCY was a retconned character so she was never in LOCH but in ROCH, it seems there were some people that knew who she was. Also, we know for sure that LCY is around the same level as WCY. The talk about Lady Yang being at Great level is mostly speculation. No doubt that Lady Yang was at a high level but ZWJ never said that she was at his own or Z3F's level. Knowing JY's style of writing, he would have put in something like that if Yang were a great.

Not to the same extant. LCY was a retconned character so she was never in LOCH but in ROCH, it seems there were some people that knew who she was.
    Yeah, her disciple and grand-disciples

Even Qiu Chuji did not know her name. He's the one who said that very few people in the martial world at her time knew of her.

It seems Lin Chaoying was unknown during her era, and became all but forgotten one generation later - thanks to her compulsive obsession with one guy leading to her dedicating all of her later years on him.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

er... I think PJ's making a point here--I think his point is that claiming someone is a "nobody" is faulty because he/she doesn't circulate much is faulty and he's using LCY was an example of such a fallacy.

Am I right, PJ? It's sometimes so hard to tell across these interwebs.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

Wang Chong-yang and Lin Chao-ying. WCY was undefeated under heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    er... I think PJ's making a point here--I think his point is that claiming someone is a "nobody" is faulty because he/she doesn't circulate much is faulty and he's using LCY was an example of such a fallacy.

Am I right, PJ? It's sometimes so hard to tell across these interwebs.
    I know the point that PJ's making, which is why I also mentioned that we know for sure that LCY is on par with WCY. OTOH, there's insufficient evidence to suggest that Lady Yang is a great. We also know that ZWJ never thought she was on the same level as Z3F and himself.