Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Dugu Qiubai: did Jin Yong mess up his story?

I'm in the process of reading it. I'm currently on page 10. It seems to be getting easier/less dense from there.

There are still a few things there I don't necessarily agree with, or find little argument to support, but it's a good thread of conjecture.

This forum is already very old, but I just stumble upon it, and can't be helped to give my opinion. A lot people in here say that DG9J is something that is created by DGQB after HIS, so it is somewhat bothered me. In my opinion, it is not.
    I think DG9J is created by DGQB during his teenage year and is perfected during his 20s. So it is before HIS. Because that is the only period where DGQB was using normal sword or flexible sword to fight his enemies. So I believe he developed all that kind of sword techniques during that time. And remember, the last technique of DG9J is fighting enemy with higher internal than himself. Which mean DGQB must encounter enemy with higher internal before, that's why he developed such technique. And I believe the only period DGQB has weaker internal is during his teenage and his 20s. Even if you say how possibly a teenage developed such profound technique, you maybe forget that it is described that DGQB was a genius in martial arts, even admitted by Yang Guo more than himself. So it is possible he developed DG9J when he was younger.

And all this make sense and connected with HIS. After he perfected DG9J with all its philosophy, you can see how DGQB think about techniques, that no pattern can overcome pattern, his way of thinking is moving towards simplicity.

So my conclusion is, DGQB started to develop DG9J in his teenage year, perfected it in his 20s, then after reaching no pattern techniques, he switch his weapon to HIS, developed more simply but powerful techniques, and then keep prgressing towards no swords.

Quote Originally Posted by ruychii View Post
    This forum is already very old, but I just stumble upon it, and can't be helped to give my opinion. A lot people in here say that DG9J is something that is created by DGQB after HIS, so it is somewhat bothered me. In my opinion, it is not.
    I think DG9J is created by DGQB during his teenage year and is perfected during his 20s. So it is before HIS. Because that is the only period where DGQB was using normal sword or flexible sword to fight his enemies. So I believe he developed all that kind of sword techniques during that time. And remember, the last technique of DG9J is fighting enemy with higher internal than himself. Which mean DGQB must encounter enemy with higher internal before, that's why he developed such technique. And I believe the only period DGQB has weaker internal is during his teenage and his 20s. Even if you say how possibly a teenage developed such profound technique, you maybe forget that it is described that DGQB was a genius in martial arts, even admitted by Yang Guo more than himself. So it is possible he developed DG9J when he was younger.

And all this make sense and connected with HIS. After he perfected DG9J with all its philosophy, you can see how DGQB think about techniques, that no pattern can overcome pattern, his way of thinking is moving towards simplicity.

So my conclusion is, DGQB started to develop DG9J in his teenage year, perfected it in his 20s, then after reaching no pattern techniques, he switch his weapon to HIS, developed more simply but powerful techniques, and then keep prgressing towards no swords.
    Totally agree with you..

My viewpoint is that DG9J, is a summary of what DGKB can teach. Not everyone takes the same path and not everyone will progress or can progress thru the 'stages' of DGKB due to different experiences in life.

I think some Chinese forums have theories that DG9J is not even written by DGKB but someone later who attempted to codify DGKB's teachings.

If you take DG9J as some pre-HIS stage. Then won't you run into a classic Spear vs Shield situation?

DG9J claims it can break anything so can it break the HIS/Wooden Sword/No sword stage then?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ruychii View Post

I agree with this. HIS was just one of the stages in refining his skills & that help boosted his internal.

YG internal benefited with training in this stage as well.