Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Can Duan Yu suck Sweeper Monk or XuZhu's iternal energy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Can Duan Yu suck Sweeper Monk or XuZhu's iternal energy?

  1. #1
    Senior Member flamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    绿柳山庄
    Posts
    2,707

    Default Can Duan Yu suck Sweeper Monk or XuZhu's iternal energy?

    He managed to suck JMZ's but Xuzhu is way ahead of JMZ and SM even more so.

    Will Duan Yu be able to suck their internals with BeiMing?

    If not, what about lesser (but still great) people such as the Three Elders of XiaoYao Sect?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    no he can't suck the three elders because they already gave their internal to XZ what DY should've done was to suck XF dry when he was about to die and then suck XZ and Sweeper in the end

  3. #3
    Senior Member flamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    绿柳山庄
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    no he can't suck the three elders because they already gave their internal to XZ what DY should've done was to suck XF dry when he was about to die and then suck XZ and Sweeper in the end
    lol but you think he can do it? Sweeps would fall prey to his sucking? That would certainly make Duan Yu the most powerful fighter in JY universe, cuz whatever opponent comes up, he can just suck him


    Yea its a curious thing, why dun people impart their internal before they die? Someone like Xiao Feng, You Tanzhi (he was too sad), Murong Bo/Xiao YuanShan (they dun need it anymore, or maybe to keep them alive for longer), JLFW did not impart his internal to Guo Xiang when he died (it was a sudden death) but there are many instances such as suicide or dying moments (Jue Yuan) that the person is going to die with their massive internals but do not pass them on... Curious....

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    why dun people impart their internal before they die?
    If everyone does that then there would be thousands of Sweepers by now...

    And I don't think DY can suck Sweeper...I think you need to have more internal energy than the person to be able to suck him/her. But I'm no expert.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    lol but you think he can do it? Sweeps would fall prey to his sucking? That would certainly make Duan Yu the most powerful fighter in JY universe, cuz whatever opponent comes up, he can just suck him


    Yea its a curious thing, why dun people impart their internal before they die? Someone like Xiao Feng, You Tanzhi (he was too sad), Murong Bo/Xiao YuanShan (they dun need it anymore, or maybe to keep them alive for longer), JLFW did not impart his internal to Guo Xiang when he died (it was a sudden death) but there are many instances such as suicide or dying moments (Jue Yuan) that the person is going to die with their massive internals but do not pass them on... Curious....

    I don't think that you can transfer your internal to another person permanent without a special skill like BMSG. What might be done was to use up all your internal to clear the ren and du mak to increase ones internal power.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don't think that you can transfer your internal to another person permanent without a special skill like BMSG.
    There's no reason why that can't happen. It's just that Jin Yong never wrote of such an occasion. Bei Ming Shen Gong is a "energy-sucking" martial art, not an "energy-transferring" martial arts. I believe that anyone can transfer their energy is they felt like it. Permanently too.

  7. #7
    Senior Member The Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    639

    Default

    If DY sucked XF dry before XF commited suicide, he should have enough internal energy to suck XZ dry. If he did that, there is no way in hell he cannot suck sweeper dry too and become a god

  8. #8
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    And I don't think DY can suck Sweeper...I think you need to have more internal energy than the person to be able to suck him/her. But I'm no expert.
    If that is the case, how come zero internal energy DY can suck the internal energy of people who attacked him in the earlier part of the story?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  9. #9
    Senior Member flamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    绿柳山庄
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    If that is the case, how come zero internal energy DY can suck the internal energy of people who attacked him in the earlier part of the story?
    Exactly


    Seriously, why dun people pass on their internals when they are about to die? You can say like they are selfish or want others to work for it... But for ppl like their sons, or relatives, even wives, why wouldnt they pass on to their loved ones, for reasons like better protection, longer life etc.

    Even if a special skill is required. Can you imagine XuZhu, on his deathbed, pass on his internal to someone? And then the other person continues etc... it obviously doesnt happen, but why not is the question

  10. #10
    Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    currently in malaysia
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    duan yu cannot suck XuZhu's energy because they both have BMSG/BMZQ which would block the others attempt to absorb energy. sweeper monk probably has to much control over his qi and can negate DY's attempt to suck his energy just like fangshang negated ren woxing's ability to absorb his energy.

    there's levels of energy transfering. some people transfer energy to help their injured friends recover. some can help transfer qi to help others progress in qi cultivation, helping them break through difficult accupoints/meridiens.

    to transfer one's whole inner power may be a risker and dangerous thing. you may need to be at a certain level to accomplish it and the exhaustion that follows could lead to death. also the person you transfer power to needs to know a high level cultivation technqiue to move and cultivate the qi he received or the qi may waste itself. that is why, when injured people recieve high amounts of qi, they recover but do not gain in innwer power levels. they are too ill to cultivate the qi properly.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

  11. #11
    Senior Member flamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    绿柳山庄
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    There's no reason why that can't happen. It's just that Jin Yong never wrote of such an occasion. Bei Ming Shen Gong is a "energy-sucking" martial art, not an "energy-transferring" martial arts. I believe that anyone can transfer their energy is they felt like it. Permanently too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    duan yu cannot suck XuZhu's energy because they both have BMSG/BMZQ which would block the others attempt to absorb energy. sweeper monk probably has to much control over his qi and can negate DY's attempt to suck his energy just like fangshang negated ren woxing's ability to absorb his energy.

    there's levels of energy transfering. some people transfer energy to help their injured friends recover. some can help transfer qi to help others progress in qi cultivation, helping them break through difficult accupoints/meridiens.

    to transfer one's whole inner power may be a risker and dangerous thing. you may need to be at a certain level to accomplish it and the exhaustion that follows could lead to death. also the person you transfer power to needs to know a high level cultivation technqiue to move and cultivate the qi he received or the qi may waste itself. that is why, when injured people recieve high amounts of qi, they recover but do not gain in innwer power levels. they are too ill to cultivate the qi properly.

    yea i agree but i was thinking more on the lines of a top expert on his/her deathbed (or near dying). EG when Xuzhu, Huang Yaoshi (to Huang Rong), is dying, will he pass on his internal? I think not but why not

  12. #12
    Senior Member sarakoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where DO I live?
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    If everyone does that then there would be thousands of Sweepers by now...

    And I don't think DY can suck Sweeper...I think you need to have more internal energy than the person to be able to suck him/her. But I'm no expert.
    That's not true. Duan Yu went from no energy to some by sucking the seven crappy disciples.

  13. #13
    Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    currently in malaysia
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    DY had 'learnt' the technqie but had not practised it, but he had set his energy passage to absorb energy through he wasn't capable yet of doing it. then the infinite sect fighter hit DY right on his vital accuoint, accidentally forcing the energy into his 'ocean of energy'. that bit of energy became the base for DY to practise his energy. DY exercised his energy by practsing LBWW and accuquired enough energy to absorb small amounts of energy. then he got in to a tussel with the guard while trying to escape. the guard accidentally grabbed his thumb through which DY absorbed the energy, the guard used more force but DY kept absorbing his energy and the guard kept using more energy to hold him. DY couldn't extract his thumb from the guards grip or stop absorbing energy, the guard began to feel weak and he shouted for help.his martial brothers came and jumped on top of them to pin down DY. as DY's energy became bigger, he abosrbed the energy faster till the guards lost all their energy. but it was the guards foolishness that they did not realise what was happening till it was to late for them. what we learn.
    you can only absorb as much power as you have. but as you absorb energy, it can increase your capacity while you absorb it. but if your opponents inner power is still stronger, he can break the conduict. if you try to absorb a greater amount at once, you risk sending your energy to the other person instead.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

  14. #14
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,395

    Default

    If consent is had (by that I mean Xuzhu and Sweeper Monk offer themselves), I don't see any reason why Duan Yu or Linghu Chong or Ren Woxing wouldn't be able to absorb from Sweeper Monk or Xuzhu. Only problem is Duan Yu would die of buffer overflow, as Beiming Shengong doesn't like it when you absorb more than you already have. But he can absorb now and die later.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  15. #15
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,395

    Default

    By the way, I wonder if they can absorb from a fresh dead guy.
    The internal energy should still be in the dantian;
    I don't think it just flows out of the body when the person dies.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    908

    Default

    PJ, was it ever explained why the two old ladies of Xiaoyu sect didn't just gain power by absorbing internal power from others?

  17. #17
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    If consent is had (by that I mean Xuzhu and Sweeper Monk offer themselves), I don't see any reason why Duan Yu or Linghu Chong or Ren Woxing wouldn't be able to absorb from Sweeper Monk or Xuzhu. Only problem is Duan Yu would die of buffer overflow, as Beiming Shengong doesn't like it when you absorb more than you already have. But he can absorb now and die later.
    If there was consent, there should not be any worry about overflow. Just leech 5%, break off, then leech 6%, break off etc etc. You won't leech more then what you currently have in this manner.

    In any case, why didn't XZ explode when WYZ pumped all that juice into his weak arse? And when he later took LQS and TSTL's energies, he suffered before they were merged but once it all entered him permanently, he was fine immediately.

    Basically, you can do what you want as long as the plot warrants it.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Basically, you can do what you want as long as the plot warrants it.

  19. #19
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    PJ, was it ever explained why the two old ladies of Xiaoyu sect didn't just gain power by absorbing internal power from others?
    I don't think Tonglao and Li Qiushui knew Beiming Shengong.
    It wasn't even said that Wuyazi knew Beiming Shengong,
    but most readers believe he did b/c somebody in Xiaoyao Pai had to know!
    And he was the sect leader, so he should know some neat tricks.
    Plus, he was able to wipe out Xuzhu's internal, presumably using BMSG.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  20. #20
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    If there was consent, there should not be any worry about overflow. Just leech 5%, break off, then leech 6%, break off etc etc. You won't leech more then what you currently have in this manner.
    Very true.

    In any case, why didn't XZ explode when WYZ pumped all that juice into his weak arse? And when he later took LQS and TSTL's energies, he suffered before they were merged but once it all entered him permanently, he was fine immediately.
    Possibility #1 - Wuyazi didn't use Beiming Shengong.

    #2 - Inserting internal energy does not cause overflow whereas absorbing does. Because the energy wasn't transferred by hand, but by head, via a very good feeling.
    Last edited by PJ; 03-14-08 at 11:20 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Similar Threads

  1. Sweeper Monk v. Monk Jueyuan
    By shenlong in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-03-10, 10:18 PM
  2. Duan Yu with Wang Yuyan vs. Sweeper Monk
    By Extremer88 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-07, 01:52 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-06, 02:04 PM
  4. DGSD: How much did sucker Duan Yu suck?
    By Du Gu seeking a win in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-05, 03:47 PM
  5. charting Duan Yu's inner energy
    By Charlieboy in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-04, 11:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •