Thread: Yeung Gor - one inner power boost from East Heretic; another from Gwok Jing?

Default Yeung Gor - one inner power boost from East Heretic; another from Gwok Jing?

After sustaining an injury in battle against Lee Mok Sau, Yeung Gor was healed by the inner power of East Heretic Wong Yerk See. From this, Yeung Gor gained a permanent transfer of a small portion of Wong Yerk See's inner power, which significantly strengthened Yeung Gor's own inner power base and boosted him another step up in his ascent to martial arts greatness.

Later, at Seung Yeung Fortress, Yeung Gor received another inner power transfer from Gwok Jing on the early morning after Yeung Gor had failed in his attempt to assassinate Gwok Jing. Gwok Jing thought that Yeung Gor had suffered a fire deviation, and Yeung Gor went along with that misinterpretation, allowing Gwok Jing to transfer a bit of his inner power to him. Did Yeung Gor gain another permanent boost from this transfer as well? Yeung Gor fought notably better during the next few days against the Mongol warriors (including the Golden Wheel Monk) than he previously seemed capable of.

In general, I think the recipient of the internal energy doesn't gain anything in his own system. The energy just helps them recover from injury or illness. For example, for several months, Xiao Feng did nothing but pump massive internal energy into Ah Zi to keep her alive. If she could somehow persistently store all of that energy in her body, she would've had enough internal power to blast LDA.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    In general, I think the recipient of the internal energy doesn't gain anything in his own system. The energy just helps them recover from injury or illness. For example, for several months, Xiao Feng did nothing but pump massive internal energy into Ah Zi to keep her alive. If she could somehow persistently store all of that energy in her body, she would've had enough internal power to blast LDA.
    On the other hand, she did survive Kiu Fung's Hong Lung 28 Palms strike for a longer time than she should have. Perhaps she had a cushion of inner power within her from the previous time she had been injured and was thus able to avoid complete and instant annihilation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    On the other hand, she did survive Kiu Fung's Hong Lung 28 Palms strike for a longer time than she should have. Perhaps she had a cushion of inner power within her from the previous time she had been injured and was thus able to avoid complete and instant annihilation?
    I don't think Ah Zi had much internal energy at all. Also it wasn't said that Xiao Feng used XL18Z to blast Ah Zi, so it wouldn't be as lethal as was the case with striking Ah Zhu. Mostly though, it was the internal energy bumped into her by Xiao Feng immediately after the strike that kept her alive. But there's no evidence that the energy stayed within her permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I don't think Ah Zi had much internal energy at all. Also it wasn't said that Xiao Feng used XL18Z to blast Ah Zi, so it wouldn't be as lethal as was the case with striking Ah Zhu. Mostly though, it was the internal energy bumped into her by Xiao Feng immediately after the strike that kept her alive. But there's no evidence that the energy stayed within her permanently.

Hmm, I was expecting you to state that Xiao Feng had 256 times the inner energy of Ah Zi and XL18Z has an efficiency factor of 70/30 thus effectively giving the net advantage of 597.3.

But since XF used the HuShuo-8 Way Palm from the Shaolin Demon Subduing Palm which seeks to subdue without killing, this palm set avoids unjring the critical meridians on the victim and infusion of energy at least 2 times used in the palm strike should sustain the victim if done not more then 2.5 seconds after the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Hmm, I was expecting you to state that Xiao Feng had 256 times the inner energy of Ah Zi and XL18Z has an efficiency factor of 70/30 thus effectively giving the net advantage of 597.3.
    OK, due to popular request, I will provide the special service one last time:

when qiao feng striked ah zi, it was stated that he used 79% of his maximum strength due to the lack of time to prepare. ah zi has roughly 0.2% of xiao feng'a internal energy, but she wasn't hit woith a fuill force. instead only the palm wind brushed her awa7y. it was nevertheless a critical injury for her, and she woud have died if qiao feng hadn't injected a lot of internal energy into her. luckily for her, qiao feng was albe to pu,p about 2 weeks worth of internal energy into her every day, which barely sustained her life. but she didn't gain the internal energy permanently. later when she threw you tanzhi's eyeballs, if she had accumulated all of qf's internal energies, she would have been able to throw the objects acrowss a mountain a la zbf. but she couldn't, so the energy was not retained but 'used up' right away.

Getting back to the original topic, Yeung Gor seemed to have gained permanently from the energy transfer from Wong Yerk See. Remember the roar? Remember how we recently mooted the idea that Yeung Gor was capable of producing that roar at any time from that point forward (I don't know if we reached consensus on that)? It seemed to me that Yeung Gor was noticeably stronger after that transfer than he was before.

If that's the case, then Yeung Gor also should have permanently gained from Gwok Jing's later transfer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Getting back to the original topic, Yeung Gor seemed to have gained permanently from the energy transfer from Wong Yerk See. Remember the roar? Remember how we recently mooted the idea that Yeung Gor was capable of producing that roar at any time from that point forward (I don't know if we reached consensus on that)? It seemed to me that Yeung Gor was noticeably stronger after that transfer than he was before.

If that's the case, then Yeung Gor also should have permanently gained from Gwok Jing's later transfer as well.
    As far as I know, it was never stated that Huang Yaoshi's internal energy actually added anything permanently to Yang Guo's existing internal energy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Huang Yaoshi's internal energy simply acted as a trigger for the roar, due to Huang's energy being a polar opposite from the Ancient Tomb's and thus causing discomfort. Huang Yaoshi's energy was inside Yang Guo's body for the purpose of healing, but I'm not sure if it generated a freak accident that boosted his internal energy at all.

Wasn't that a part where YG was thinking about how he could merge all the different internal energies within him?

I got the impression that somehow YG did get a boost from HYS but I think he already had great inner power just didn't know how to "merge" them together.

The incident with GJ probably didn't boost YG's inner power at all YG was already a powerful for his age and would have reached great level anyway

I don't think YG recieved HYS' internal energy but rather while HYS healed YG, HYS' energy helped YG break another level in internal energy advancement. YG is due afer all that time on the jade bed anyways and it took a shock from an extremely strong internal energy to allow YG to go up another level.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    I don't think YG recieved HYS' internal energy but rather while HYS healed YG, HYS' energy helped YG break another level in internal energy advancement. YG is due afer all that time on the jade bed anyways and it took a shock from an extremely strong internal energy to allow YG to go up another level.
    That could be true... Huang Yaoshi's extremely different energy could have opened up some meridians or whatever inside Yang Guo's body to enable him to make greater use of his internal power (that's the premise of most freak accidents). Good thinking.

Agree with Shenlong. It seems unlikely that YG got a permanent boost from HYS simply because tranferring internal energy is a specialized ability that HYS was never hinted to have.

However, a more powerful martial artist helping a junior increase their progress by opening meridians and such is a common occurrence.