Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: limitation of bixie jianfa?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Default limitation of bixie jianfa?

does bixie jianfa have a flaw in it. bixie jianfa has two strong points, it's incredible speed and it's clever variations in moves. when YBQ used it against LHC, LHC found a flaw. the moves are limited, through the variations total over around two hundred moves. because of this he was able to beat the speed of BXJF by getting his move in first. YBQ did not use any other move because LHC is familiar with his skills but if YBQ did use other moves, would they be as fast? bixie jianfa uses a strang inner power style that allows you to move fast, but does it speed up all your movements or just the moves used in bixie jianfa. i remember in DGSD, XYP skills required specific inner power technique to match each move to be effective. if you had the inner power but not the move, you can not make effective use of the inner power. is bixie jianfa like that?
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Internal energy in PXJF does not work in the same way as independent internal techniques like Jiuyang, Jiuyin, etc. do. Practicing PXJF does increase internal energy but not much, and the essential function of the internal technique of PXJF is transfering chi through the meridians of the practitioner to match his external moves. Thus it'd be useless when coupled with the moves of other sword arts techniques. You know, a jet airplane cannot use car gasoline.
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one,
    I hope some day you will join us, and the world will be as one!

I don't think there is such a limitation.

e.g. DFBB could use a needle to attack accupoints (you don't see LPZ or YBQ using a sword to attack accupoints.) and LPZ could use the speed barehanded when he grabbed Yu Canghai.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

There should not be any limitation. The only thing Bixie Jianfa (KHBD) does is give the practitioner high internal energy and super fast speed, nothing else. High internal energy and super fast speed can turn any ordinary swordplay into a deadly ones. The 72 stances from Bixie Jianfa was the creation of Lin Yuantu, not from the original KHBD. What make Bixie Jianfa powerful is the high internal energy and super fast speed, not the 72 stances. Lin PingZhi's father practiced the 72 stances (without KHBD) all his life and he wasn't all that good.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasjameswilliams View Post
    Holy crap I read SPW again yesturday and dang this Pixie Swordplay is seriously powerful!!! Its the best Swordplay manual in the entire JinYong Universe I think, better than Taiji Sword, better than Dugu 9 Swords, better than anything.
    No, Bixie Jianfa does not have a flaw, because its simply too fast. LHC was able to find a flaw because Yue BuQun wasn't a master at Bixie Jianfa yet ( he hasn't practiced for that long ), so he wasn't able to cover his flaws with his speed.
    It's powerful but not flawless. The 72 stance alone of Bixie Jianfa and DFBB moves without the speed and power are very ordinary. Lin PingZhi and his father were pretty weak at the beginning even though they have been practicing the 72 stances of Bixie Jianfa all their lives. Leaders of any large sect in wulin doesn't have any problem of defeating them. Anyway, people like Dugu QiuBai, Sweeper Monk, and Huang Shang should not have problem defeating DFBB or any Bixie Jianfa (KHBD) practitioner. The problem is martial arts of Dugu QiuBai, Sweeper Monk and Huang Shang require both the intelligence and greatness of the practitioner and it take a long long time to become great whereas Bixie Jianfa (KHBD) requires great sacrifice (castration) then everything after that is relatively easy and quick to power.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 04-03-10 at 10:08 AM.

Why was is absolutely necessary to castrate oneself to learn this skill? Was the level of the testosterone of the practitioner of utmost importance or the will of the intended practitioner? Considering the level of sacrifice [one's manhood], it seems like only a select bunch of men would be willing to even consider learning this skill! I guess these guys then would be the one's most likely to master it.

...I don't know...it seems like the initial sacrifice required is a great limitation in and of itself. Could a woman have successfully mastered the Bixie Jianfa? We don't have anything to cut off of such comparable importance though.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Why was is absolutely necessary to castrate oneself to learn this skill? Was the level of the testosterone of the practitioner of utmost importance or the will of the intended practitioner? Considering the level of sacrifice [one's manhood], it seems like only a select bunch of men would be willing to even consider learning this skill! I guess these guys then would be the one's most likely to master it.

...I don't know...it seems like the initial sacrifice required is a great limitation in and of itself. Could a woman have successfully mastered the Bixie Jianfa? We don't have anything to cut off of such comparable importance though.
    Ovaries, clitoris, etc.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

The clitoris doesn't really have anything in them.......... they just provide pleasure, thats it.
    Well it's been postulated before that Kuihua Baodian is driven from the removal of sexual energy or something to that degree, so in that case it'd make sense for a woman in having to remove her clitoris in order to practice the art.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Man, only losers would practice that martial art consider what they have to sacrifice. Dugu 9 Sword is more powerful and you don't have to lose anything in order to practice it. I wonder if the Bixie JianFa was falling into the hand of other leaders in wulin, would they practice it?
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 04-04-10 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Man, only losers would practice that martial art consider what they have to sacrifice. Dugu 9 Sword is more powerful and you don't have to lose anything in order to practice it. I wonder if the Bixie JianFa was falling into the hand of other leaders in wulin, would they practice it?
    That kind of reasoning is like assuming you can choose either skill to learn by buying it from amazon. Very few ppl got the opportunity to learn either and it largely tends to only be protagonists in the novels who stumble into these kind of opportunities.

For others like LPZ who are desperate for revenge and have no other means, what use is your balls if you are dead? Sometimes death is not the worst thing but the easiest way out. While he did alot of jerk things and hurt innocent ppl along the way it took him tremendous courage to castrate himself and orchestrate his revenge.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang View Post
    That kind of reasoning is like assuming you can choose either skill to learn by buying it from amazon. Very few ppl got the opportunity to learn either and it largely tends to only be protagonists in the novels who stumble into these kind of opportunities.

For others like LPZ who are desperate for revenge and have no other means, what use is your balls if you are dead? Sometimes death is not the worst thing but the easiest way out. While he did alot of jerk things and hurt innocent ppl along the way it took him tremendous courage to castrate himself and orchestrate his revenge.
    As for LPZ, he could have wait for revenge instead of making such sacrifice. If he was smart and had the patient, then he should marry YLS and then YBQ will eventually teach him all the skills from the sect. He will eventually powerful enough to kill students of the qing cheng sect.

As for LPZ, he could have wait for revenge instead of making such sacrifice. If he was smart and had the patient, then he should marry YLS and then YBQ will eventually teach him all the skills from the sect. He will eventually powerful enough to kill students of the qing cheng sect.
    The reason he married YLS in the first place was to avoid YBQ killing him. Even as his son in law his life is not guaranteed to be secure let alone be in line to receive all the teachings from the sect. For LPZ to advance enough in Hua Shan skills to be able to defeat the leader of Qing Cheng would take a fair amount of time and LPZ was the equivalent of a "trust fund" child all his life and had little patience.

Given how YBQ was willing to expend all those close to him, relying on him was a very poor plan when there was a faster and more reliable one.

He definitely smartened up by that point in contrast to ppl like YLS who did not waken from their stupor till it was too late.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Even as his son in law his life is not guaranteed to be secure let alone be in line to receive all the teachings from the sect.
    I agree. Frankly, I highly doubt YBQ would have been generous enough to impart all of his skills to poor LPZ. Son in law or not. Wasn't LHC himself just a bit better than decent and he having been raised in the Hua Shan sect?

Well it's been postulated before that Kuihua Baodian is driven from the removal of sexual energy or something to that degree, so in that case it'd make sense for a woman in having to remove her clitoris in order to practice the art.
    Bummer.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    That does not make sense to me because, DFBB did not remove any sexual energy. He had a lover and they had a sexual relationship.

The reason he married YLS in the first place was to avoid YBQ killing him. Even as his son in law his life is not guaranteed to be secure let alone be in line to receive all the teachings from the sect. For LPZ to advance enough in Hua Shan skills to be able to defeat the leader of Qing Cheng would take a fair amount of time and LPZ was the equivalent of a "trust fund" child all his life and had little patience.

Given how YBQ was willing to expend all those close to him, relying on him was a very poor plan when there was a faster and more reliable one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I agree. Frankly, I highly doubt YBQ would have been generous enough to impart all of his skills to poor LPZ. Son in law or not. Wasn't LHC himself just a bit better than decent and he having been raised in the Hua Shan sect?
    Sure, it will take a long time for LPZ to master all the skills of Hua Shan to be able to defeat the leader of QingCheng. However, if he was wise, that would be the best option for him. However, I disagree that YBQ wasn't generous enough to impart all of his Hua Shan (not Bixie Sword play) skills to his son in law. Remember, YBQ has only one daughter and he was in his late 40s or mid 50s so he had no choice but to transfer his skill to LPZ.

The reason he married YLS in the first place was to avoid YBQ killing him. Even as his son in law his life is not guaranteed to be secure let alone be in line to receive all the teachings from the sect.
    Wow, you and many others are so harsh toward YBQ. Always assuming the worse of him, doesn't give the Gentle Swordman any benefit of a doubt.

Wow, you and many others are so harsh toward YBQ. Always assuming the worse of him, doesn't give the Gentle Swordman any benefit of a doubt.
    Yue Buqun was constantly checking with his daughter to see if her husband was treating her well, in other words seeing if she was getting any from Lin Pingzhi. If she wasn't, then it would mean that Lin Pingzhi would know the secret of Bixie Jianfa, and thus what Yue Buqun had done to himself, and he'd be killed by his father in law to prevent him from leaking the secret. This was Lin Pingzhi's explanation to Yue Lingshan for the goings on after their marriage. While disbelieving at first, she couldn't deny its truth by the end. That Lin Pingzhi was correct in his reading of Yue Buqun could be seen when Ren Yingying told Linghu Chong to be careful, upon which Yue Buqun decided to silence Ren Yingying first.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Yue Buqun was constantly checking with his daughter to see if her husband was treating her well, in other words seeing if she was getting any from Lin Pingzhi. If she wasn't, then it would mean that Lin Pingzhi would know the secret of Bixie Jianfa, and thus what Yue Buqun had done to himself, and he'd be killed by his father in law to prevent him from leaking the secret. This was Lin Pingzhi's explanation to Yue Lingshan for the goings on after their marriage. While disbelieving at first, she couldn't deny its truth by the end. That Lin Pingzhi was correct in his reading of Yue Buqun could be seen when Ren Yingying told Linghu Chong to be careful, upon which Yue Buqun decided to silence Ren Yingying first.
    Why did YBQ still go on with the marriage when he already had the PXJF manual? He didn't need LPZ anymore at this point, why didn't he just kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Well, in the end he was still able to marry YLS. In other word, if he didn't castrate himself and pretend not know anything about bixie then he would be ok. Too bad LPZ is too stupid to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy1 View Post
    Why did YBQ still go on with the marriage when he already had the PXJF manual? He didn't need LPZ anymore at this point, why didn't he just kill him?
    YBQ's goal was to become the leader of wulin, not killing LPZ. He knows his daughter loves LPZ so I guess he wants her to be happy.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-29-12 at 01:55 AM.

Well, in the end he was still able to marry YLS. In other word, if he didn't castrate himself and pretend not know anything about bixie then he would be ok. Too bad LPZ is too stupid to figure that out.YBQ's goal was to become the leader of wulin, not killing LPZ. He knows his daughter loves LPZ so I guess he wants her to be happy.
    Hmm, so as long as LPZ shows no interest whatsoever in the PXJF, YBQ would leave him alone as his son-in-law? But YBQ is such a schemer, he knows that LPZ will always be a potential threat since he is the only true heir of the PXJF. After it is revealed that YBQ had acquired the PXJF at the Songshan meeting, how could LPZ not say anything about it? Even if LPZ had not himself acquired the PXJF at this point, he would still confront his father-in-law about how he got to learn his family's secret martial arts. When LPZ does this, YBQ would have to eliminate him to stop him from talking about it. So, it would make more sense for YBQ to just eliminate LPZ earlier (before the wedding) to remove this threat.