Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are ticket prices to Beijing gonna be crazy high?

Default Are ticket prices to Beijing gonna be crazy high?

Around beginning of August? I'm contemplating going back, but not really willing to pay like $4000 roundtrip....

I'm from North America. Oh and also, it's cheaper to go through HK right? Or Korea? I went thru Korea last time I went back. And I can see hot Korean stars!! *star crazy*
    Last edited by 999roses; 04-24-08 at 05:10 PM.

I've looked it up on expedia in the past...if you're going in August in time for the Olympics, I really wouldn't expect anything less than $2000 roundtrip to Beijing, at least from where I would fly (the price is exactly why I'm not flying there). Just ask Stephen Harper for his ticket.

As for your HK/Korea question, no idea about Korea, but if you're flying to HK/Shanghai the price not be as inflated as much since Beijing will be the busiest, but if you live in North America then HK/Shanghai are longer distances, so naturally you'd have to dish out another couple hundred.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

$2000 I can handle, it'll be about 2/5 of my summer job (yeah talk about a cheap-a.ss job) but oh well. $4000 is crazy and I'm not willing to dish over a whole summer's work into a trip.

The other issue is that my plans are pending on some issues, and I won't resolve those issues until June-ish. I think by then, $2000 is being optimistic =(

青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

I'd say, watch the Olympics on tv and visit somewhere else. Even if you can handle the price you may not handle the pollution and utter confusion there.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Lol I don't want to go to Beijing itself. Actually I'm most likely going to fly through HK, but I think it's still more expensive.

Hmm my dad called. They said 1.7-2k, but if I buy in early July (when my schedule is set), then maybe it'll jack up by then.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    $2000 I can handle, it'll be about 2/5 of my summer job (yeah talk about a cheap-a.ss job) but oh well. $4000 is crazy and I'm not willing to dish over a whole summer's work into a trip.

The other issue is that my plans are pending on some issues, and I won't resolve those issues until June-ish. I think by then, $2000 is being optimistic =(
    During the summer olympic, the air tickets to Beijing will be skyrocketing. I don't think you can get the round trip ticket for $2000. Lucky if you can get it for $3000. $4000-$5000 is more of a realistic price...

I'd stay in Hong Kong. Maybe ask the Beijing people to visit HK for a meet up. You'd still be bombarded with the Olympics heat there.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Yeah, I'm not going to Beijing at all...sorry for the misleading title. I usually fly through Beijing, but I would transfer anyway.

But I think HK is a better bet. But if it's really as high as TC is saying, then I'm kind of out of luck, way outta my budget.

I hate the fact that I can't decide until early July.

I see. Can you fly through Shanghai or something?

Sure, but I think Shanghai is even more expensive than HK. And it's a pain since I don't have relatives in Shanghai.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    I'd stay in Hong Kong. Maybe ask the Beijing people to visit HK for a meet up. You'd still be bombarded with the Olympics heat there.
    Hey Expression, are you going to China this summer? I'll be in HK/Macau/China from July 1st to Oct 1st. Wanna meet up (btw, we should wear 3 Kingdoms clothing when we meet... you should be Zhao Zilong and I'll be Pang De).

Actually, after seeing those Huashan pictures and knowing how close Huashan is to the first emperor's tomb, I think there's a strong chance I'm going to Ti'An. If only general Bai Qi had a tomb, I would go there and burn incense to him.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

My friend's company booked 3 months ago for a roundtrip ticket for him to Beijing .
    Total cost: $6500 first class. He has to stay up to September since there isn't a flight back. They gave him an alternative to get to Thailand to fly back to the US early.

i called two weeks ago and couldn't get any flight in our out unless I was willing to pay over $3000 one-way.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

YIKES....where are you located? If you don't feel comfortable saying a city, you can say the general geographical area. That's scary.

First class has always been 6-10x economy. Your friend must be pretty high up to fly first class.

Nah, not going to China in summer. You should post pics for us from your Huashan trip.

Yeah, I'm not going to Beijing at all...sorry for the misleading title. I usually fly through Beijing, but I would transfer anyway.

But I think HK is a better bet. But if it's really as high as TC is saying, then I'm kind of out of luck, way outta my budget.

I hate the fact that I can't decide until early July.
    If you go there not for the olympic games, then why not wait till after the olympic is over. The air ticket will be very cheap.... If you go for the games, then you either accept the high price or not attend the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If you go there not for the olympic games, then why not wait till after the olympic is over. The air ticket will be very cheap.... If you go for the games, then you either accept the high price or not attend the game....
    I'm not going there to attend games....I can't go after because it'll be too late and I'll have to start school.

I'm not going there to attend games....I can't go after because it'll be too late and I'll have to start school.
    Then go next year instead.
    During the olympic, the city is just too crowded......

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Then go next year instead.
    During the olympic, the city is just too crowded......
    Goodness, she's interested in going this summer. If conditions do not meet her needs, then I'm sure she's capable of adjusting her plans. It's hilarious that you are telling her what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Goodness, she's interested in going this summer. If conditions do not meet her needs, then I'm sure she's capable of adjusting her plans. It's hilarious that you are telling her what to do.
    just give the advice!!!! or just to express my opinion.
    Anyway, if I offended her, then I sorry...