Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What if Murong Fu entered Wu Yazi's cave.

  1. #1
    Senior Member flamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    绿柳山庄
    Posts
    2,707

    Default What if Murong Fu entered Wu Yazi's cave.

    MRF was proficient at chess, reasonably good looking and the now-desperate WYZ would most probably pass his internal to him.

    MRF's main problem was lack of internal. With WZY's top notch internal, what can he make of it with his great number of advanced techniques? Would he be a match for Xiao Feng and other Elites?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Uber hax.

    Although I wonder, was that library still around at the time Wuyazi died. Since if it was, he could learn all the awesome kungfus as well.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

    Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

    The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

  3. #3
    Senior Member sarakoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where DO I live?
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    MRF was proficient at chess, reasonably good looking and the now-desperate WYZ would most probably pass his internal to him.

    MRF's main problem was lack of internal. With WZY's top notch internal, what can he make of it with his great number of advanced techniques? Would he be a match for Xiao Feng and other Elites?
    Although he was proficient at weiqi, he wasn't good enough to solve the Zheng Long puzzle.

  4. #4
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Although he was proficient at weiqi, he wasn't good enough to solve the Zheng Long puzzle.
    His problem is that he wanted to win too badly...which in the DGSD scheme of things, means he had no chance of winning it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    For a real life version of this kind of conundrum, have a look at the Immortal Game (Anderssen-Kieseritzky), where White sacrifices all manner of material, culminating in that famous final Queen sac, to achieve victory. It's fairly astonishing how White gives up position, leaving his King wide open yet achieving safety in this, and gives up material yet achieves harmony with this, and in allowing his opponent primacy achieves victory. It's almost philosophical.

  6. #6
    Senior Member flamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    绿柳山庄
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Although he was proficient at weiqi, he wasn't good enough to solve the Zheng Long puzzle.
    Lol obviously he did not solve Zheng Long. But thats hardly the question in this thread.

  7. #7
    Senior Member sarakoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where DO I live?
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    How about Duan Yu? He's better at weiqi, not bad looking, and possess various high level martial arts.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    For a real life version of this kind of conundrum, have a look at the Immortal Game (Anderssen-Kieseritzky), where White sacrifices all manner of material, culminating in that famous final Queen sac, to achieve victory. It's fairly astonishing how White gives up position, leaving his King wide open yet achieving safety in this, and gives up material yet achieves harmony with this, and in allowing his opponent primacy achieves victory. It's almost philosophical.
    Give me the Kasparov-Topalov game anytime- better, and deeper in the understanding of chess.

    Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

  9. #9
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,497

    Default

    Back to the topic.

    Assuming MRF won the game or otherwise got into the cave.

    Some interesting points would be:

    1. Would MRF let WYZ erase his energy? Lets assume yes.

    2. What would MRF's reaction be if he was shown the picture of LQS's sister?

    3. What would WYZ's reaction be if WYY was dragged in by MRF after seeing the above picture?

    If MRF does get the energy, I think he should be able to match XF (provided he doesn't carry on with that legendary boneheaded style of strategy he is saddled with for the original novel).

  10. #10
    Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    currently in malaysia
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    MRF's inner power is nowhere near WYZ's so if he can get a boost from him, definately he would go for it.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

  11. #11
    Senior Member flamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    绿柳山庄
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    MRF's inner power is nowhere near WYZ's so if he can get a boost from him, definately he would go for it.
    Yea but this is not a question if hes gonna go for it. Its more asking about the EFFECTS of that boost.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Would his North Shifting Star technique be much stronger and perhaps MRF would be uber hax level?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    90

    Default

    If MRF get WYZ inner power, then he would surely beat XF, killed DY and then no one in the next generation would learn XL18Z.
    he also might rule Da Li and got Western Xia Princess along with WYY

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-15-22, 08:11 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-07, 05:35 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-09-06, 11:28 AM
  4. Yeung Gor invites the other Greats to DGKB's cave
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-03-06, 11:25 PM
  5. Cave of Mystery at Hua Shan
    By Temujin in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-06, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •