Thread: Cruel Lover ft. Kwong Wa and Joey Meng? (Old series)

Default Cruel Lover ft. Kwong Wa and Joey Meng? (Old series)

Hey does anyone know about this old atv series? I think Kwong Wa is in this series with Joey Meng. It's a modern series, where the main actor is surrounded by ladies.

Has anyone watched this series and know what it is about?

I found a wiki page on the series but it doesn't say very much about the series:
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/A_Cruel_Lover
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-17-08 at 10:54 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I still remember this serie quite well.
    summary of this serie:
    *** spoilers alert***
    click to show/hide spoilers

Kwong wah charactere was a vey ambitious guy, he met this nice girlfriend and they were really in love but later he broke up with her coz he met this rich girl played by joey meng. His old girlfriend confessed that she was pregnant and wanted to tell the rich girl joey meng.
    Kwong wah was afraid that he was gonna lose everything and he turned very evil.
    He lied to his old girlfriend that he would marry her in Thailand but she had to go first alone to Thailand. He would come afterwards. Before he left, he gave her a stuffed animal as present but kwong wah put some cocaine in teh stuffed animal and alarmed the police.
    His nice girlfriend got framed for drugs traffikking and was sentenced the death sentence. Luckily there was this general that fell in love with her and saved her.
    For years she lived with this general in Thailand, he educated her and treated her very well but she wants her revenge and returns back to hongkong.

Kwong wah married joey meng and became succesfull and rich.
    But he cheated on joey meng, he fell in love with this journalist.
    Joey meng got pregnant but she had a heart disease so giving birth was a high risk for her. She succesfully gave birth but unfortunately she discovered that kwong wah wasn't that nice guy anymore (i can't remember how she discovered it anymore)
    They were having this huge fight, joey meng wanted to leave him
    she accidentaly fell of the stairs, kwong wah was able to save her but he let her go coz he was afraid that he'll lose everything
    is she dies than everything is going to be solved
    joey meng survived but fell into a coma
    the docter told kwong wah that she'll wake up, kwong was so afraid and he killed joey meng in teh hospital
    kwong wah's mum witnessed it all and was so dissapointed and didn't want him anymore as her son

Kwong wah ex-girlfriend came back to hongkong and framed kwong wah for murder. It was really weird how easily she could frame someone.
    Kwong wah was sentenced to death.
    The same day kwong wah was sentenced to death, his ex-girlfriend killed herself.
    She killed herself becoz she got her revenge and the general that loved her so much lost his power so she had nothing anymore except her revenge.
    It was a very sad ending but i loved this serie so much.
    The story was so original that i still remembers it after so many years.

https://youtu.be/3sJjfz6B4Fg
    Found this clip
    Looks interesting, I have not heard of this series. But after reading your summary, it sounds very sad.....

Now that is something I would pay for to watch! Too bad Kwong Wah is not acting anymore. =(
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I read he is selling insurance for fun and may act if he likes the script.
    Will try to look for this drama after I finish all the other ones I started =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I read he is selling insurance for fun and may act if he likes the script.
    Will try to look for this drama after I finish all the other ones I started =)
    It is the hardest to find. As of yet, it has not be rebroadcasted or released on CD. Unless someone has a version converted from old tapes.

I think Kwong Wah has gone through a lot in the past two decades and he has found peace in Christianity. I am happy for him whatever he does, but it would be great if he acted again. Kwong Wah has a terrible relationship with the press so I guess a low profile simple life may suit him more.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

maybe someone will put it up soon. =)

Wow I did no know he has a terrible relationship with the press. But its so sad, sometimes their false stories can really ruin a actor/actress career.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    maybe someone will put it up soon. =)
    The original has 30 episodes but there is also a cut verson of 20 episodes when it was released on DVD to china. I found a soso quality version of the 20 ep in cantonese on tudou. There is a 30 episode cantonese version but it is incomplete, very blurry and uploaded in 5 min segments.

But surprisingly, there is a ok quality of the 30 ep version in Mandarin. Which hugs me as ATV no longer realeases this, doesn't show it on TV. So cantonese audience who this series was made would most probably never see it in its full glory again in its original language, yet the mandarin speakers have access to the full version readily.

I don't like when they keep cutting episodes, the dvd release for heroic legend of yang family had that and it was very obvious scenes were cut. The characters would be talking and all of a sudden jump to another scene.

Is atv completely gone now close down? The last I heard they found a new investor but keeping quiet then I never heard any news again =(

I still cannot find this series anywhere to watch =(

I finally found the dvd at a bookstore but the quality is so so, its in cantonese and mandarin. Not sure how many episodes it has, just saw part of the first episode and it was super fast pace.