Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go Veg, Be Green, Save Our Planet!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Nice...but a little claustrophobic. If I had to live in a space colony, I'd choose one with huge external windows.
    or one with the artificial sky, that is better.

North Korean just done doing their 20 kilo tonnes nuclear testing. I'm saying it's coming and very near. Judgement Day is coming, Skynet is going to rules the earth LOL.

I'm sick of North Korea already.

But I think the real CyberDyne is in Japan. Check that company out.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I'm sick of North Korea already.

But I think the real CyberDyne is in Japan. Check that company out.
    Hahaha, sad that TSCC is cancelled yeah and Am still waiting for T4 to open *here* next week, I heard it also still not open at your *location*.

T4 is a mixed review based on what I've read, but going to watch it anyway, anything with badass robot is awesome in my book, and sure going to watch it anyday.

Yeah CyberDyne might be in Japan, but they prolly got a liquid metal already infiltrating the North Korea, preparing for Judgement Day LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Hahaha, sad that TSCC is cancelled yeah and Am still waiting for T4 to open *here* next week, I heard it also still not open at your *location*.
    I'm sad. It's still got lots of potential.

I'm sad. It's still got lots of potential.
    Not related to your sadness (I know you're actually sad about your favorite pair Cameron and John LOL), but this following link contain a very good survival handbook

http://bit.ly/14t64i

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Combining the above ideas, I suggest we should start eating humans. Save the planet, harpoon a landwhale today! We can start with North America or Australia where there are a lot of big folks that have been well-fed. Mmmm....
    LOL...funny, but I don't see the connection from "eating humans" to "catching/eating landwhales"...unless of course there is some homologous genetic link between primates and whales Candide has discovered that geneticists are unaware of?

Has anyone thought of what trying to convert everyone to vegeterianism (is that the write word/spelling?) will actually entail? I think whenever anyone mentions this, there is an assumption that its an adult who knows what it means and makes a conscious decision to change their dietary habit.

If however, we want it to be universal, has anyone considered it's impact on children. Adult vegetarian -> promoting and automatically setting a vegetarian diet for children. During brain development, protein is essential. Yes, there are vegetables that are protein substitutes, but does that efficiently model its absorption and energy and molecular unit usage by the body?

I also find it interesting, that significant human evolution made a sharp turning point when primates started to eat meat. Yes, the angle shift of the sphenoid bone had a major impact, but anthropological studies note that change from vegetarian to carnivore diet in primates reflected change in brain mass, which gave way to grounds for more complex neural networking and therefore human evolution.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Guys don't worry too much about overpopulation. The poor countries are just reaching the expected population for that given fertile land. If we divide the world into three characteristics, the first group (western society) are already near static, the second group (richer and more stable developing countries) are progressing towards being static, the third group are still several decades away and are expected to double in population before reaching a balance.
    The main cause of increase fertility is war. Create peace, poverty will improve and population will come down. Need to change the oyster mentality (have 100 children at a time) into blue whale mentality.
    why shouldnt we?? the earth is getting worser and worser than b4...i we didnt do something, we'll putbour life in danger too..so please... our Mother Earth...

Quote Originally Posted by reieenn View Post
    why shouldnt we?? the earth is getting worser and worser than b4...i we didnt do something, we'll putbour life in danger too..so please... our Mother Earth...
    No need to worry!!! Sooner or later people will realize pollution is a problem and will clean up their acts. For example, sooner or later country like china will realize that cheap coal power plants are bad for the environment and people and will built more expensive clean coal power plants like the US/Canada. How wonderful the world would be if every country uses US/Canada as a role model
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-06-09 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reieenn View Post
    Read the whole post before replying to just the first sentence.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Combining the above ideas, I suggest we should start eating humans. Save the planet, harpoon a landwhale today! We can start with North America or Australia where there are a lot of big folks that have been well-fed. Mmmm....
    I like it. I heard they taste like chicken.

You fatsos look out! Jiang bao might be right behind ya holding a fork and knife, just waiting for ya to pass out. Walking, it’s hard if you are obese!
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I like it. I heard they taste like chicken.

You fatsos look out! Jiang bao might be right behind ya holding a fork and knife, just waiting for ya to pass out. Walking, it’s hard if you are obese!
    Oh gosh, I really hope that we don't need to start eating people... This is reminding me of the Donder party... GROSS... I think I need to throw up....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I converted to vegetarianism a while ago for many reasons, including environmental ones. Granted, a plant-based diet is not without its environmental detriments (and it'd be unnatural if we humans made no carbon footprint at all), but to argue that meat eaters are doing more to save our planet is a difficult argument to make, unless you're intentionally being farcical. Animals are higher on the energy pyramid and much of the world's soybeans, corn, oats, and grain go towards feeding livestock.
    http://www.mindfully.org/Sustainabil...-24percent.htm
    Eighty percent of the corn grown and 95% of the oats are fed to livestock.
    Fifty-six percent of available farmland is used for beef production.
    Well, if the americans and canadians don't consume meats like the way we do, then we have to much surplus of food like corns and oats. Too many farmers will out of work and it's bad for the economy. We can't just let these huge huge surplus of food sit there to rot, we have to find a way to use them. Feeding them to livestocks is one of the best solution. Even then, we still couldn't consume all the meats we produce and still lot of corn and oats left over. We export lot of meats and grains oversea every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    http://www.mindfully.org/Sustainabil...-24percent.htm

Well, if the americans and canadians don't consume meats like the way we do, then we have to much surplus of food like corns and oats. Too many farmers will out of work and it's bad for the economy. We can't just let these huge huge surplus of food sit there to rot, we have to find a way to use them. Feeding them to livestocks is one of the best solution. Even then, we still couldn't consume all the meats we produce and still lot of corn and oats left over. We export lot of meats and grains oversea every year.
    Don't be silly. Grain crops don't just go to livestock.

Aside from also obviously feeding humans, grain crops are used to produce biofuels too. If livestock is out of the picture, biofuels and some other industry will just take over the surplus.

Don't be silly. Grain crops don't just go to livestock.

Aside from also obviously feeding humans, grain crops are used to produce biofuels too. If livestock is out of the picture, biofuels and some other industry will just take over the surplus.
    True, but if we don't feed them to livestock, we will have much bigger land for farming. We can use these huge food to produce ethanol gas but then it will greatly affect the energy industry such as oil, gas, and coal. If we consume little meat, life is suck...

Global warming has taken a large hit the past few days. The Copenhagen group are musing over why the climate model of temperature change has failed to follow predictions and has shown steady to declining levels for most of this decade. Some scientists who've promoted Global Warming are in 'butt-covering' mode and have tried to suppress this info. I wonder how Obama and the Dems will try to spin this situation in order to go forward with Cap and Trade? Logic will not apply.

But some vegetables and fruits are not green, like oranges and carrots.

The alternative plan would be to look far into space something like mars.