Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Righteous Guards (I, II, and III)

Banned

Default The Righteous Guards (I, II, and III)

The Righteous Guards part I, II, and III are great kung-fu action series to watch.
    It was my favorite series especially part III. Our heroine, the 3rd daughter, had a long hard journey to the city to deliver the letter to an good officer. THe letter contains most secret of one of the officer betrayed the country. With the help of friends, she at last have the letter placed in the hands of great officer.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/Four/tc1.jpg') Part 1

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/Four/tc2.jpg') Part 2
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/2t/TNKK1Cover.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/Four/tc3.jpg') Part 3

Banned

Default Part 3

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/tnkk3/tnkkdvd9p1aHealingCool.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/tnkk3/tnkkdvd7p1aFace.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/tnkk3/tnkkdvd11p3aTalkGreen.gif')
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 06-23-08 at 06:09 PM.

Banned

Default Part 2

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/9n/TNKK1pSheRideHorseCrop170.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/8e/tnkk2pSheSwordSmall.gif')

Talking

Part 1 & 2 were awesome, well, not to mention the really funny ways people fly in there, and the re-use costumes, but the story lines were great. I love Cinthia, she was so cute and adorable.

Part 3, I got choked by watching the new casts, especially they replaced Cinthia's role, her character's name in part 1 & 2 was Trie^.u Nha.c Linh, in part 3, it was Trie^.u Ye^'n Linh .

I don't know which actress played that role, but she was too stiff and completely changed! Trie^.u Nha.c Linh from part 1 was cute, bubbly and talkative, and naive in some ways. But part 3, that character was so mature and hardly smile too! I don't remember the ending for part 3, they just left the story unsolved, right ????

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Part 1 & 2 were awesome, well, not to mention the really funny ways people fly in there, and the re-use costumes, but the story lines were great. I love Cinthia, she was so cute and adorable.

Part 3, I got choked by watching the new casts, especially they replaced Cinthia's role, her character's name in part 1 & 2 was Trie^.u Nha.c Linh, in part 3, it was Trie^.u Ye^'n Linh .

I don't know which actress played that role, but she was too stiff and completely changed! Trie^.u Nha.c Linh from part 1 was cute, bubbly and talkative, and naive in some ways. But part 3, that character was so mature and hardly smile too! I don't remember the ending for part 3, they just left the story unsolved, right ????
    Yeah, I didn't like part 3 at all. Her dad and her uncles didn't play a big part and then her sister who's pregnant, what happened to her story? I think part 3 took things to a whole different direction and lost a lot of what we liked in the first two parts. They replaced so many characters and ended up as a trainwreck.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

It's not Nha.c, it was the dubbers who dubbed it wrong. The Nhan they were going for also means Yen, which is a kind of bird. Zhao Yan Ling should really be translated as Trieu Yen Linh anyways. Name isn't changed, you just need to touch up on your viet skills.

Banned

Well, I like part 3 the most. Yes, they found a young actress and replace Cinthia's role that's why they changed Trieu Nhac Linh to Trieu Yen Linh(means bird). Honestly I like the sound Trieu Yen Linh better. I think that young actress protrayed what Cinthia left over was good. Part 1 and 2 the character was young and light-hearted, navie, funny, and cute, Cinthia did that well. But as we move to Part 3, the character becomes mature now. I think the new actress did a good job in protray the mature stage of the character. We can't have alway little young happy girl to finish big task would we? She needs to become mature and better understand of the world so that she can carry out the big task which deliver the blood letter to the city.

To me in Part 1 and 2 Cinthia portrayed a happy cute little girl who knows nothing about martial art. Cinthia did excellent job in portraying the little young girl.

On Part 3, the new actress protrayed the character more mature which is fitted because she now knows lots of different martial art technques. She did great job especial in any figthing scenes of hers. For exmple like the part on my avatar.

Overall the storyline of part 1, 2, and 3 are good. IT's worth of watching.
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 06-24-08 at 09:38 AM.

Banned

Does any one know the actual name of the new actress on part 3? I tried to read it from the cover, but there are several names so I don't know which one is her.

Talking

I think my viet is pretty good compare to other vietnamese at my age in the US.
    I remember it was Trie^.u Nha.c Linh, like you said, maybe someone dubbed her name wrong. I have have part 1 & 2 at my parents' house, I'm too lazy to dig those tapes up now.
    Side notes, the guys in part 1 & 2 were so ooglie, especially the guy that played Tu* Ma~ Vo^ Ti`nh later changed to Tu* Ma~ Ba^'t Bi`nh, skinny, big mole, old, yikes

I'm guessing the actress in part 3 name was Thie^n Ta^m

'Yan" is sparrow. The chinese character is “燕”, normally referred to as Yan Zi. Huan Zhu Gege's "Xiao Yan Zi" also means swallow.
    Zhao Yan Ling should be written as "赵燕玲“or something like it.

I can't see the pics.. can post them up again.. so i can see if i know the actres or nt.
    Last edited by XWingSuki; 06-24-08 at 10:46 AM.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

No, in part 1 and 2 her gradual growth in sword fighting skills and intelligence surprised everyone. I remember in part 2 she met this lady who had a past with Yan Ling's father but was impressed with CYNTHIA/Yan Ling's ability to incorporate other people's sword technique and make a new sword technique. That lady later gave her a manual of all the skilled swordsman she had encountered so Cynthia could learn how to counterattack such sword moves recorded in the book.

Cynthia may have played a bubbly girl in the first part but you can see in part 2 she has somewhat matured. The problem with the actress in part 3 is she's COMPLETELY mature. Her cheerfulness nature is part of who the character was, no matter what mature and smart decisions she makes, she CAN still be that cheerful girl.

The 3 part of the series was mediocre. There was many questions that was not answered in part 3, which was really disappointing (absolutely disappointing). The ending kind of ended abruptly too.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Banned

Having to faced many evil dangerous people and countless countered many dangerous battles between life and death, couldn't help but to be completely mature, where you get a lot of depressants. The new actress did great job for that. However, sometime I see parts where the new actress act cheerful with her old servant friends. She looks so cute. I love her hair-do. It's so like a young heroine. Some parts she stunned herself in fighting scences were very good. I love the way she move and her stances.

I don't know why the company put to an end where things still unanswered. Like we don't know the brother still alive or dead. Will the father be release anytime now. Would the two wandering heroes be return? I wish they come out another part or something like that to complete the whole story plot.

Anyway I love the fighting scences in this movie so much. It's truly called its martial art genre.
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 06-25-08 at 01:04 AM.

Banned

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/1o/she1.jpg') Part 3, she looks tough!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/1o/she2.jpg')

(Cynthia) or Cinthia's 2004 new. She published a book "7 Days with Yoga". I don't know that she taught yoga. Oh well..she looks lovely to me.
    http://www.baoanhdatmui.vn/vcms/html...il.php?nid=274

Banned

thanks a lot, I thought her name would be Lam Tu Linh. Yeah, I was guessing she would be either Thien Tam or Lam Tu Linh.

So Thien Tam is the young actress, so that would make Lam Tu Linh is the name of the actress who played the older sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    thanks a lot, I thought her name would be Lam Tu Linh. Yeah, I was guessing she would be either Thien Tam or Lam Tu Linh.

So Thien Tam is the young actress, so that would make Lam Tu Linh is the name of the actress who played the older sister?

Tian Xin (Thien Tam) is Zhao Yan Ling (Trieu Yen Linh) and Lam Tu Linh is Zhao Meng Jiao (Trieu Mong Kieu), the 2nd sister.

I think my viet is pretty good compare to other vietnamese at my age in the US.
    I remember it was Trie^.u Nha.c Linh, like you said, maybe someone dubbed her name wrong. I have have part 1 & 2 at my parents' house, I'm too lazy to dig those tapes up now.
    Side notes, the guys in part 1 & 2 were so ooglie, especially the guy that played Tu* Ma~ Vo^ Ti`nh later changed to Tu* Ma~ Ba^'t Bi`nh, skinny, big mole, old, yikes

I think you're confused because you've pronounced the name wrong from the start. It's Trie^.u Nha/n Linh not trie^.u nha.c linh. Nha/n and Ye^/n is the same thing, both means sparrow but in tv series they usually dub it as Yen rather than Nhan like Tieu Yen Tu vs. Tieu Nhan Tu... sounds kind of awkward right?. And it's actually Tu Ma Bat Binh who changed into Tu Ma Vo Tinh not the other way around.

Banned

Wow! yufeihong ! Do you have any more behind scenes of this part. I really like this movie(all three of them). It is a worth a must see film. If you have any more pics, please, please do post it up. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Wow! yufeihong ! Do you have any more behind scenes of this part. I really like this movie(all three of them). It is a worth a must see film. If you have any more pics, please, please do post it up. Thanks!
    I have one more, it's of the 3 brothers. I'll post it later.