Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Righteous Guards (I, II, and III)

Thumbs up

Thanks yufeihong, it had been a long time I have watch Trung Nguye^n Kie^'m Kha'ch, I got all of the names mixed up. Maybe it was my ears or the dubber's voice mistake about the main girl's name. Are you Chinese or Vietnamese? You seem to be very good at both languages

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Thanks yufeihong, it had been a long time I have watch Trung Nguye^n Kie^'m Kha'ch, I got all of the names mixed up. Maybe it was my ears or the dubber's voice mistake about the main girl's name. Are you Chinese or Vietnamese? You seem to be very good at both languages

I'm viet, but I've studied both Vietnamese and Mandarin plus years of watching series really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Well, I like part 3 the most. Yes, they found a young actress and replace Cinthia's role that's why they changed Trieu Nhac Linh to Trieu Yen Linh(means bird). Honestly I like the sound Trieu Yen Linh better. I think that young actress protrayed what Cinthia left over was good. Part 1 and 2 the character was young and light-hearted, navie, funny, and cute, Cinthia did that well. But as we move to Part 3, the character becomes mature now. I think the new actress did a good job in protray the mature stage of the character. We can't have alway little young happy girl to finish big task would we? She needs to become mature and better understand of the world so that she can carry out the big task which deliver the blood letter to the city.

To me in Part 1 and 2 Cinthia portrayed a happy cute little girl who knows nothing about martial art. Cinthia did excellent job in portraying the little young girl.

On Part 3, the new actress protrayed the character more mature which is fitted because she now knows lots of different martial art technques. She did great job especial in any figthing scenes of hers. For exmple like the part on my avatar.

Overall the storyline of part 1, 2, and 3 are good. IT's worth of watching.
    although i liked the new character in part 3 she was not the same character from part 1 and 2.

Yan Ling in part 1 and 2 slowly matured but very slowly, she matured in martial arts much faster then she did in mind set. the transition from part 2 to part 3 was way to different to be even considered as the same character.

i don't know if u notice, but the 'time' difference between part 2 and part 3 was max a few months. no one can change 180 degrees in a few month.

it felt like watch two seperate films when i watched it, and i watched it one after another, i did a whole marathon.

Cynthia was very cute and young, she seemed to be in love wit martial arts, whereas the new actress in part 3 seemed like martial arts was something that came with the job discription.

if u like the new actress she was also in Dieu Ngoa Cong Chua. very cute in there too.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Anyone knows when part III was made? I watched it a while back, but I thought it was made in Taiwan. So, is it a Taiwanese production or an ATB production or a Taiwanese production shown on ATB? I don't know, the color, action, costume, and quality just screamed Taiwan to me.

Anyways, my thoughts on part III: I did not like it. The young actors and actresses were only mediocre in acting, and the end was too abrupt. I think I thought the beginning was okay (since I sat through the whole thing), but after the ending, my overall though was that it was not that great.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

to pharoh.

i don't have the film anymore. i rented it awhile back. she was way cute and had a nasty temper. she was engaged to the kings older brother from another country. her and the guy don't like each other at first but they fall in love but the guy still ran away in the end. its a funny series. she has 4 maids that follow her everywhere. the maids are cute too.

i got the name wrong. its called Dieu Mang Cong Chua. you can watch it online at veoh. just search for it. if u like her you will love this series.

to mysticdust.

i believe all of the three are taiwan but the first two had a bigger budget hence the better quality. but ATV just bought the rites to it. ATV tends to do tat.

one and two was made in around the mid 90's. about 95 i think, since cynthia kwan was in taiwan filming for chor lau heung with adam cheng around this time too. so i'm guessing thrid one was made around the 96 - 2000 mark.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    to pharoh.

i don't have the film anymore. i rented it awhile back. she was way cute and had a nasty temper. she was engaged to the kings older brother from another country. her and the guy don't like each other at first but they fall in love but the guy still ran away in the end. its a funny series. she has 4 maids that follow her everywhere. the maids are cute too.

i got the name wrong. its called Dieu Mang Cong Chua. you can watch it online at veoh. just search for it. if u like her you will love this series.
    Yes, I found the series that you're talking about. It's really she. I can recongize her face. The movie is hillarious. It has 23 episodes from what I see on veoh.com. Do you know any other of her series beside this one?

umh......do you know where I can download the whole series? I would really like to have this movie since I really like the actress. Thank you so much !

to pharoh,

its against spcnet policies to post download links.

but veoh themselves are a download server, if u install the veoh tv application you can download those films at full quality.

or if u have megaupload account. go to www.luyenphim.com and search for the title. its all in viet.

It might be late in replying to this thread,but regarding Cynthia Khan's age. Cynthia's year of birth is 1974. When she did this series, she was in her early twenties. It maybe the way they did her hair and clothes that didn't go so well with her figure and the strong structure of her face, so she look sorta older?

I mean in 1998 she was just 24 and this series was done in 1999, so she's just 25.

Here when she was in Chor Lau Heung 1995, she was just twenty-one:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa145/maihien_30011985/FilmPoster2/TheLegendOfChorLauHeung1995.png')
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

you sure?

i remember her from the late 80's movie as the replacment for Michelle Yeoh in those In The Line Of DUty films. which puts her age at about 3 years older.

so if you count it, if she was 18 in 88' then by 95 she would have been 25. i doubt they'll give an underage girl an action movie with lots of stunts to do.

you sure?

i remember her from the late 80's movie as the replacment for Michelle Yeoh in those In The Line Of DUty films. which puts her age at about 3 years older.

so if you count it, if she was 18 in 88' then by 95 she would have been 25. i doubt they'll give an underage girl an action movie with lots of stunts to do.
    Her birthday is written here:http://baike.baidu.com/view/66359.htm is 12/13/1974

and ack! you MIGHT be right as her profile at imdb
    lists her birthday as 12/13/1968

If it's 1974, then she was 4 years younger than her co-star, Shao Feng, in Thunderstorm Riders (who's born in 1970), but if 1968 is right then she's only two years older than him.

She did start acting young. According to IMDB, she won the national contest for new talents by the Taiwanese TV production company at the age of 17.

i'm more inclined to believe she was born in 68. it would have been closer to her age.

she had a dancing background before going into movies.

her first film was in 88, so she'll have to be 18 at least, that makes her born at least in 1970.

I recently rewatchd this series. Maybe I didn't pay close attention, but does anyone know what happened to the two wandering heroes who were always protecting Yan Ling? (Tu Ma Vo Tinh & Au Duong Vo Dich?) I love them (So adorable!). They kind of disappeared out of the storyline when two more love rivals appeared (the flute guy who died and the nice guy).

I'm still hoping for another sequel to tie in the loose ends. Yan Ling FINALLY had a nice hairstyle at the VERY end. LOL. =P

Does anyone have the instrumentals in this series as well? They are very sentimental. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by charm101; 01-04-10 at 12:39 AM.

OMG i've been DESPERATELY looking for this series...finally found it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Anyone knows when part III was made? I watched it a while back, but I thought it was made in Taiwan. So, is it a Taiwanese production or an ATB production or a Taiwanese production shown on ATB? I don't know, the color, action, costume, and quality just screamed Taiwan to me.

Anyways, my thoughts on part III: I did not like it. The young actors and actresses were only mediocre in acting, and the end was too abrupt. I think I thought the beginning was okay (since I sat through the whole thing), but after the ending, my overall though was that it was not that great.
    I'm resurrecting this old thread because I found the third series online and I'm currently watching it again. I didn't really finish watching it because I was so annoyed because of the changes. It's like they transplanted a new actress for third series, she probably fits the character Yan Ling physically, but I feel her characterization and etc is NOT the one I loved. Finally going back to see the third after 10 + years, I still feel the same. I don't like it. They took out at least three actors/actresses that I kind of liked and gave them boring replacements. The first one being Yuen Biao being replaced by a different actor now playing Sima Wudi, which is OK. They went and replaced Zhao Yan Ling's older brother in law to some kind of boring scholarly campy guy. I didn't like him, with his hat thing. Then the change with Yan Ling's actress her face is to sharp pointy and her characterization did a 180. I feel like her they changed her into something too perfect.

And who's idea was it for her to fall in love with a guy that comes so far into the series that he seems like a small character instead of a main hero? I mean we have OuYang guy and the Sima guy that had followed her all through out the story, then suddenly this guy with higher background jumps in and steals her on the last end of the story. Hardly fair. Poor OuYang and Sima.

Quote Originally Posted by charm101 View Post
    I recently rewatchd this series. Maybe I didn't pay close attention, but does anyone know what happened to the two wandering heroes who were always protecting Yan Ling? (Tu Ma Vo Tinh & Au Duong Vo Dich?) I love them (So adorable!). They kind of disappeared out of the storyline when two more love rivals appeared (the flute guy who died and the nice guy).

I'm still hoping for another sequel to tie in the loose ends. Yan Ling FINALLY had a nice hairstyle at the VERY end. LOL. =P

Does anyone have the instrumentals in this series as well? They are very sentimental. Thanks in advance.
    I don't know, I'm going to rewatch the third to see what I can understand. I still do not like this third part after all these years.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Wow...this series is so old.

I remember watching the whole thing including the 3rd a long time ago. By the time the 3rd one rolled around it looked like they were out of money. The first two wasn't the best or anything but at least they had proper outdoor scenes and proper wirefu.

Didn't like how they change Yan Ling character so much, Yan Ling was always a bit hot headed and loved to learn kung fu, but the new Yan Ling was like a weathered woman who's been through so much.

Then they changed her love line, I was never a fan of the two wanderers, they randomly pop up without reason and do nothing to advance the plot line.

Wow...this series is so old.

I remember watching the whole thing including the 3rd a long time ago. By the time the 3rd one rolled around it looked like they were out of money. The first two wasn't the best or anything but at least they had proper outdoor scenes and proper wirefu.

Didn't like how they change Yan Ling character so much, Yan Ling was always a bit hot headed and loved to learn kung fu, but the new Yan Ling was like a weathered woman who's been through so much.

Then they changed her love line, I was never a fan of the two wanderers, they randomly pop up without reason and do nothing to advance the plot line.
    The thing with this series, there was never smooth transition or proper explanation. The actress who took over as Yan Ling wasn't she the same actress that was newly adopted by Yan Ling's smart scholarly uncle and aunt who had no kids of their own in the 2nd series?

The third series Yan Ling did face challenges but she seem to be so seasoned as you say...there was hardly a struggle for her to find answers to resolve issues. I don't know her initial characterization was more interesting.

The two wanderers, I think the writer or writers lost momentum or something. Yan Ling's romance storylines were not linear as was the third series not linear with the rest that was established. I haven't gotten far in the third series, but I don't think the other actors like her dad, her uncles and etc ever made presence again right? Not much right? Money sure did seem to run out by the third. I think they should've considered it ahead of time before producing the whole three part series.

Linda: You know what? I think if this series was an anime series, Yan Ling has what you call a reverse harem. Two wanderers who follow her, and the other two in series 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Linda: You know what? I think if this series was an anime series, Yan Ling has what you call a reverse harem. Two wanderers who follow her, and the other two in series 3.
    I love reverse Harem...if the guys were good looking and the girl was worth it. I still think Yan Ling is a great girl, in all three parts, only she's not the same character. They need more male characters falling hard for Yan Ling to be a traditional Harem.

I did favor her eldest sister more in the first season, because her eldest sister was very nice and had a great love line with her betrothed.

The actress that played Yan Ling in the 3rd is the same actress that played the more upbeat female lead in Bloody Pearl. She was in this other show where she was a princess with 4 maids, who were all awesome in their own way, and was forced to marry the elder brother of the king of a neighboring country who was a bachelor at heart and also had 4 male servants who was awesome as well. I don't know her name but I like her.

I almost finish the first part of the series. The sword play is very decent. I like the fact that there are little special effects. I feel bad for the second sister in the story. She loved the guy so much but he does not love her in return. The guy is dumb for betraying the guarding business which is basically his family where everyone treats him nicely. The second sister is also better looking than the older sister.