Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which generally worshipped places did you -hate... I mean --> -not like-

To bump an old thread...

London, for me. I don't see what's so great about it. I didn't like it much when I went there.
    玉木宏

blog

Really? London?

Despite being a Euro-elitist, I still loved London. All the incredible museums, punk culture, Soho, Camden Town, ciders, just to name a few awesome things about that city. I do admit the food there sucked, but that's pretty much expected.

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    i'd have to say, toronto. i heard it's great for strip clubs, but that doesn't benefit me at all. -_- when i went there, it was summer and the middle of the day. i was near the cn tower, i think, and it was empty. i was surrounded by skyscrapers, and there was not a person in sight. it just creeped me out. i like big bustling cities like nyc and boston. i found toronto kind of boring. even though i don't like the snooty frenchies, i have to say i preferred montreal. the city just seemed more vibrant.
    You went to the wrong part of Toronto, simple as that. CN Tower area is a drag, but if you actually go into the city itself, it's wonderful and in my opinion way more fun than Montreal (Montreal based on my visits just seems like a crummier version of Toronto).

I don't get how anyone could not like Paris - probably one of my favourite cities in the world and I've been there so often.

The only place I can currently remember that was overrated is Montreal - like I said, crummy Toronto.
    Last edited by xJadedx; 03-03-11 at 03:33 PM.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    Really? London?

Despite being a Euro-elitist, I still loved London. All the incredible museums, punk culture, Soho, Camden Town, ciders, just to name a few awesome things about that city. I do admit the food there sucked, but that's pretty much expected.
    It's not so much the food, but rather the people. I just did not get a good vibe while I was there. I've enjoyed museum visits in Amsterdam, for example, but not in London. I much prefer Edinburgh, if we're talking about British cities.
    玉木宏

blog

My answer is still Paris. There's nothing romantic about freezing your *** off (I went in the winter) + rude, stuck-up *******s + everything is so ****ing expensive.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」