Thread: Do you go to Tutoring?

Default Do you go to Tutoring?

or, have you gone in the past (for the older members). Tell us about your past experiences going to a tutor. Was it worth it? Did you get something out of it? Was it enjoyable?

I used to go for Maths, but stopped because I just wasn't motivated enough to last. But now I'm starting to consider going to one for Visual Arts.

Do you think it's worth going to a tutor? I know much of it depends on how good your tutor is, and whatnot but I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I want one, specifically for Visual Arts (photography, art making, history of art, art techniques, etc.)?

The cost involved is a big factor for me, obviously I have no issues with going, but I wished my employer called me more often to go to work (I'm a casual, at a moving restaurant) so I could be able to better afford the service. Most tutors cost around $15-30 an hour but it varies with each of course.

My family tells me it's not worth going to, but I want to excel. Education is expensive I suppose, although I'd hate to hold this belief for studying.

Actually, I am wandering what is your education level you are refering to. But from your subject of tutoring, I guess it must be a university level course. If yes, I don't really recall anyone taking tutoring after leaving high school as basically you should have the ability to do self study and most of the time will held group study and better communication with your lecturer.

Just hook up with a smart guy and get tutoring for free.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004 View Post
    Actually, I am wandering what is your education level
    High School (Secondary School over in US)