View Poll Results: No Arms Yang Guo vs No Legs Guo Jing; who wins in a duel?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yang Guo/Yeung Gor

11 52.38%
  • Guo Jing/Gwok Jing

4 19.05%
  • Either way, they're both screwed!

6 28.57%

Thread: Yang Guo vs Guo Jing [ a new twist ]

Default Yang Guo vs Guo Jing [ a new twist ]

Okay, this is totally random, but here goes. . .

We've all seen debates on who is the stronger xia. . .YG or GJ. . .well, I'm going to add a twist. . .

No Arms Yang Guo vs No Legs Guo Jing. . .

And if you're wondering when . . . both have reached the pinnacle of their respective combative arts. . .

Who wins. . .why?

Let the debate begin . . .
    Last edited by resident:alien; 07-22-08 at 11:19 AM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Yang Guo wins by a mile, because Melancholy Palms was specifically designed to let him fight with every part of his body, even parts that normally can't be used to fight with, to help compensate for his missing arm.

That's assuming no weapons, though. I think GJ with no legs and a bow can probably shoot down YG with no arms to hold a weapon and unable to retaliate with HYS's finger flick, pretty easily.

Ni Moxing, after losing his legs, was said to be able to train fiercely and become even more powerful than before. Guo Jing should be able to do this as well, if Ni Moxing could. I don't see how Yang Guo could be more powerful without either of his arms; although Sad Palms allowed him to fight with other parts of his body, many of the stances still required palms. Loss of the Heavy Iron Sword would also be a major blow.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I'm sort of wondering what would happen if we grafted Gwok Jing's top to Yeung Gor's bottom.

Meet wuxia's first Frankenstein monster...

Quote Originally Posted by jhudsui View Post
    Yang Guo wins by a mile, because Melancholy Palms was specifically designed to let him fight with every part of his body, even parts that normally can't be used to fight with, to help compensate for his missing arm.

That's assuming no weapons, though. I think GJ with no legs and a bow can probably shoot down YG with no arms to hold a weapon and unable to retaliate with HYS's finger flick, pretty easily.

And obviously Guo Jing's XL18Z, L/R Fist, Vacant Fists require his legs? Think before you idol-worship blindly.

I propose a new TWIST!

GJ, fully able but with XLN tied to his back (accupoints sealed except for mouth)and YG fully able but with Huang Rong tied to this back (accupoints sealed except for mouth).

The 2 girls cannot do anything physically to hamper the guys except use words (and maybe spit).

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I propose a new TWIST!

GJ, fully able but with XLN tied to his back (accupoints sealed except for mouth)and YG fully able but with Huang Rong tied to this back (accupoints sealed except for mouth).

The 2 girls cannot do anything physically to hamper the guys except use words (and maybe spit).

Thats interesting. I think Yang Guo relies more on agility than Guo Jing. Huang Rong might also think of something smart to distract Yang Guo (although he is quite smart himself but anyway).

Banned

how about this twist, happy yang guo who lives with XLN in ancient tomb after everything in ROCH ended

VS

sad Guo Jing who somehow lost his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
    how about this twist, happy yang guo who lives with XLN in ancient tomb after everything in ROCH ended

VS

sad Guo Jing who somehow lost his wife.

.... Not sure how much GJ's emotions affect his ability but I assume that makes him more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post

And obviously Guo Jing's XL18Z, L/R Fist, Vacant Fists require his legs? Think before you idol-worship blindly.
    They actually might. In real life martial arts, force for punches is generated from the legs, not the shoulders. But even if those skills all work just as well as pre-maiming, he's not going to be able to utilize them as effectively without legs, since now he has to use his arms in order to turn around, move forward or backward, dodge, etc.

Also I don't even like YG that much.

Quote Originally Posted by jhudsui View Post
    They actually might. In real life martial arts, force for punches is generated from the legs, not the shoulders. But even if those skills all work just as well as pre-maiming, he's not going to be able to utilize them as effectively without legs, since now he has to use his arms in order to turn around, move forward or backward, dodge, etc.

Also I don't even like YG that much.
    But in Wuxia, force comes from internal energy. Without his palms, YG will not be able to approach Guo Jing because he will blast his XL18Z.

Huang Yaoshi said that Yang Guo's palm could only be rivaled by Guo Jing's XL18Z, not any other part of YG's body. Guo Jing wins.