Thread: Fist of Fury - Donnie Yen (1995)

Default Fist of Fury - Donnie Yen (1995)

This is an old 30 episode series which tells the fictional story of Chen Zhen. Donnie Yen models his performance after Bruce Lee.

Taisheng released a 220 minute dvd called "Fist of Fury - Sworn Revenge," that is a compilation of the earliest episodes of this series.

Does anyone know if Taisheng has released any follow dvds that has the later episodes of the series? I have looked on Yesasia but can't find anything except a 2 hour dvd that I assume edits the whole series into a movie-length presentation.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    This is an old 30 episode series which tells the fictional story of Chen Zhen. Donnie Yen models his performance after Bruce Lee.

Taisheng released a 220 minute dvd called "Fist of Fury - Sworn Revenge," that is a compilation of the earliest episodes of this series.

Does anyone know if Taisheng has released any follow dvds that has the later episodes of the series? I have looked on Yesasia but can't find anything except a 2 hour dvd that I assume edits the whole series into a movie-length presentation.
    Taiseng had two releases for this. The one known as Fist of Fury: Sworn Revenge is the first half edited down to 220 minutes. The one known just only as Fist of Fury is the second half cut down to two hours. As of now, Taiseng has not released the entire uncut series but then they aren't truly the official distributor of ATV series(Eastmedia is the distributor for ATV series though the two might be the same due to the same address) so that might have something to do with it. Hope that helps.

OIC, so the 2hr Fist of Fury is in fact just the 2nd half, not the entire series, cut into 2 hrs.

I liked the Sworn Revenge, I may buy the 2nd half even though Donnie's Bruce impression is kinda over the top. In the first half, his mannerisms aren't like that.

thanks.
    This account is retired.