Thread: The King of Snookers 《桌球天王》

Default The King of Snookers 《桌球天王》

English Title: The King of Snooker
    Chinese Title: 桌球天王
    Episodes: 20
    Cast: Adam Cheng, Joyce Tang, Niki Chow, Patrick Tang, Derek Kwok, & Benz Hui
    HD Format?: Yes
    Genre: Modern Drama
    Last edited by triumph2004; 03-30-09 at 03:06 AM.
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

costume fitting ceremony (7/21/08)

pix from tungstar, ent.qq & sina~

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/p/2008-07-22/U2389P28T3D2109886F326DT20080722115220.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/p/2008-07-22/U2389P28T3D2109890F326DT20080722115229.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/11823/11823222.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/11823/11823232.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/11823/11823240.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/11823/11823249.jpg')
    Last edited by triumph2004; 03-30-09 at 03:06 AM.
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

adam, niki and patrick practicing snooker (7/23/08)

photos from mingpao, on.cc, xinhuanet, ent.123,

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ol.mingpao.com/ftp/Lady/20080724/saa01/_24MC005_.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2008-07/24/xin_26207052410090003114550.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img2.cache.netease.com/ent/2008/7/24/20080724093434d1dd9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2008-07/24/xin_26207052410091712581751.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2008-07/24/xin_26207052410093121239052.jpg')
    Last edited by triumph2004; 03-30-09 at 03:07 AM.
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

Wink King of Snooker

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this series or not, if there is, please merge them for me

Is anyone watching this series? I'm watching it with English sub and somewhat likes it. I'm in episode 4 now. I don't like that new guy with a bunch of moles on his face though, Patrick something

Adam and Niki are father and daughter in this series. Adam was a professional snooker, he won many competitions but quit unexpectedly. He opened a restaurant called Cue Power and set up a very hand billiard game for people to solve. So far no one can solve it yet.

Patrick played as this kid who doesn't worry about his family business but only focus on playing billiard. As a result, his family sweet soup shop was losing money due to his uncle. I really hate the guy that played as his cousin. I don't like Patrick's acting, there's so much pain on his face, he is so pitiful.

Niki is really cute in here, she has a nice body. I think she has good chemistry with Adam, and the man that played as her uncle. She works under Joyce Tang.

Joyce Tang played as Patrick's aunt, she's controlling and unreasonable some of the times, she just want to best for Patrick. I kinda like her character, very smart and independent. Well, after she caught her fiancee cheating and still haven't do anything about it, kinda make me dislike her.

Derek Kwok is really suave and arrogant in here. He played billiard very good, not sure if he's going to be the villain or not. He likes to show off, and the guy that played as his manager had a funny looking wig. He was the same guy that played as Demolition Man in Catch Me Now.

Somehow I see that Derek and Joyce had a cute chemistry, maybe it's because they are dating in real life? Well, rumors has it

what year was this drama made? It sounds pretty interesting since i play pool and snooker.

Talking

Oh, it was filmed in 2008 and just is airing in HK right now, I think. The version I'm watching is all Chinese with English sub

Hey TiffTiff, there's already a thread for this series here:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=24528

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    what year was this drama made? It sounds pretty interesting since i play pool and snooker.
    It was filmed in the end of July 2008 and wrapped up in early October 2008.
    ♥ Adam

I actually quite like it,

Currently watching episode 8.

The new guy isn't all that good though.

Wonder if there's an ada cheng effect on hang sheng when this came out?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I actually quite like it,

Currently watching episode 8.

The new guy isn't all that good though.

Wonder if there's an adam cheng effect on hang sheng when this came out?

Han Solo
    Yeah, the news came out right after the first episode aired in HK reporting over 600 point drop LMAO. But it has been rising steadily afterward
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 04-11-09 at 03:10 AM.
    ♥ Adam

Watched 6 episodes. Mainly because of Adam, who's alright. I enjoyed him and Joyce. And the snooker thing is okay I guess. At least I know the game a bit. So I could generally follow the action.

But Patrick's character's just horrible. That kid comes off like a retard. I mean, isn't he suppose to be the main character? I can't even root for him because I just can't get over the fact that he has no redeeming characteristics.

Agree Patrick Tang is horrible and is just too old for the role. Yeargh

Just finished watching the final eps (20) on Astro On Demand. Well -

click to show/hide spoilers
    it's a happy ending, everyone happy, Tze Him winning the Asian Snooker championship against his near blind Sifu - Yau Yat Kiu and Ka Kan winning the Pool championship

This series is worse than i originally thought.

The out of this world snooker shots are quite unbelievable but the worst is the Patrick guy's performance.

He can't act angry, he can't act sad, he can't act like he's in bliss. He can't act.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    This series is worse than i originally thought.

The out of this world snooker shots are quite unbelievable but the worst is the Patrick guy's performance.

He can't act angry, he can't act sad, he can't act like he's in bliss. He can't act.

Han Solo
    You mean the Hero? I don't really familiar with Chinese actor/actress, but yeah, that guy is so ****ing bland with his acting. The way he changed from good to bad and good again is just not believable.

However Derek Kwok just brimming with coolness in this show, I just can't believe he got defeated just like that in the semi final.
    Last edited by rosely; 05-12-09 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Wrong actor - I'm such a dork when it comes Chinese actors

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a thread for this series or not, if there is, please merge them for me

Is anyone watching this series? I'm watching it with English sub and somewhat likes it. I'm in episode 4 now. I don't like that new guy with a bunch of moles on his face though, Patrick something

Adam and Niki are father and daughter in this series. Adam was a professional snooker, he won many competitions but quit unexpectedly. He opened a restaurant called Cue Power and set up a very hand billiard game for people to solve. So far no one can solve it yet.

Patrick played as this kid who doesn't worry about his family business but only focus on playing billiard. As a result, his family sweet soup shop was losing money due to his uncle. I really hate the guy that played as his cousin. I don't like Patrick's acting, there's so much pain on his face, he is so pitiful.

Niki is really cute in here, she has a nice body. I think she has good chemistry with Adam, and the man that played as her uncle. She works under Joyce Tang.

Joyce Tang played as Patrick's aunt, she's controlling and unreasonable some of the times, she just want to best for Patrick. I kinda like her character, very smart and independent. Well, after she caught her fiancee cheating and still haven't do anything about it, kinda make me dislike her.

Derek Kwok is really suave and arrogant in here. He played billiard very good, not sure if he's going to be the villain or not. He likes to show off, and the guy that played as his manager had a funny looking wig. He was the same guy that played as Demolition Man in Catch Me Now.

Somehow I see that Derek and Joyce had a cute chemistry, maybe it's because they are dating in real life? Well, rumors has it
    Niki's uncle is played by Benz Hui.
    Derek's manager is Wilson Tsui (or known as Ai Wai).

I'm not watching this series for Patrick Tang at all. I am more interest in the other actors and actresses of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    You mean the Hero? I don't really familiar with Chinese actor/actress, but yeah, that guy is so ****ing bland with his acting. The way he changed from good to bad and good again is just not believable.

However Derek Wan just brimming with coolness in this show, I just can't believe he got defeated just like that in the semi final.
    No not hero. The Main lead, Patrick Tang, is too lame to be called the main hero of the story.

Deric Wan is not in this series, but Derek Kwok is.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Niki's uncle is played by Benz Hui.
    Derek's manager is Wilson Tsui (or known as Ai Wai).

I'm not watching this series for Patrick Tang at all. I am more interest in the other actors and actresses of the series.

No not hero. The Main lead, Patrick Tang, is too lame to be called the main hero of the story.

Deric Wan is not in this series, but Derek Kwok is.
    LOL, sorry my bad, edit my post, extreme suckiness

I use to play alot of pool,but never played snooker before.Anyhow this looks very interting,can't wait to finish watching it

I'm about halfway done the series. It's a very good series so far!

Watched nearly half way and so far its quiet good. But i have to say some of those shots seems so unreal. Wish i was half as good as them.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~