Thread: Forum features

Default Forum features

We enabled the "Similar Threads" feature so whenever you view a thread and scroll towards the bottom of the page, there is a list of related forum thread topics.

i.e. http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14563
    Scroll down and you will see a box called "Similar Threads"

What other features do members think will be nice to have?
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    We enabled the "Similar Threads" feature so whenever you view a thread and scroll towards the bottom of the page, there is a list of related forum thread topics.
    Thank you, it's very nice to have something like that.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Yes. I like this new feature.

SC: I never understood why you removed the feature that tells you which posters are also reading the same thread as you or is in the same forum as you?

What other interesting features are out there for us to choose? We don't know what's out there in the market to shop. Tell us about some.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    SC: I never understood why you removed the feature that tells you which posters are also reading the same thread as you or is in the same forum as you?
    I think it was when we were still on the older server which is a less powerful machine so it couldn't handle the traffic load, causing the site to be slow overall. And it was also due to paranoia - I didn't want members seeing me reading naughty threads.

But now that we're on this faster server, I think we can turn it on again to see if there are any effects on server performance.

What other interesting features are out there for us to choose? We don't know what's out there in the market to shop. Tell us about some.
    I decided we're going to upgrade vBulletin again soon. So once that is in place, there will be new social features such as Friends, Groups, Tagging, and member galleries.

Also open to more suggestions, such as features members have seen on other forums that are cool.
    -SC

Ok, we display members browsing threads and forums now - only visible to members logged in. Let the stalking begin.
    Last edited by spcnet; 07-25-08 at 12:16 AM.
    -SC

Would an RPG system be too much of a hassle to add? I remember it was fun dueling with other members...though of course it became less fun once everyone had enough money to upgrade the weapon to the Yi Tian Jian...

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    Ok, we display members browsing threads and forums now - only visible to members logged in. Let the stalking begin.
    Oh sheesh! That's stalking of the highest order!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?