Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Forum Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Ceddie, I think we've got all the questions needed. Once again, thank you everyone for your contributions. I hope we will get good responses to many of the great questions. Please stay tune…

Stay tuned everyone.... *draws the curtain and plays Muppet Babies theme*
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I'm keeping an eye out for these answers. Didn't know you Mods enjoy stardom status.

I'd consider some of the questions asked quite personal. But hey...frankness is a virtue.

I would like some ARTS. Would show me how creative Mods are with their answers.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer a few of our questions. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your responses, and I am sure others will share the same feeling. Other than Ken, it seems that many of the moderators seldom visit the forum; thus, this is a great opportunity to introduce our forum leaders to new SPCNET members. In addition, this is also a chance to acknowledge your contributions over the years. It's truly a thankless job, and I do feel sorry for you guys sometimes for having to constantly deal with us crazy spammers. Nevertheless, your patience and understanding are recognized and appreciated.

PS: I’m still waiting to hear from a few more people. And you know who you are. Also, thank you Ceddie for your time and assistance. I know I’m a horrible procrastinator.

Default Interview with Crazy-T

1. Where do you live (state, country, etc.)?

I live in good ol' Texas, USA. Yeehaw!!

2. What is your real life occupation?

I'm a Software Developer. That's my title anyways. I mostly surf the web and get paid.

3. Besides moderating spcnet, what else do you do in your pastime?

There's just too many to list. Most recent activities include: road trips, salsa dancing, rock climbing, happy hours, and movie hopping.

4. What is your motto as a moderator?

If you can't beat them, join them. And if you can't join them, shut them down! =)
    But seriously, as long as everyone is getting along... I tend to let things be.

5. What is significant about your username and avatar?

Live life to the fullest and Luffy (from One Piece) totally define that quality. And my friends have called me crazy for some of the things I do.

6. Name five characteristics about you.

Open-minded, sarcastic, friendly, adventurous, but also lazy at times

7. What major risks have you taken in your life? When talk about risk-taking, are you Mr. Daredevil or Mr. Avoid-it-all?

I recently bought a motorcycle and most of my friends (mostly girls) think it's a big risk.

8. Do you have any hidden talents?

None-what-so-ever. Can't sing. Can't dance. But nothing to stop me from trying!

9. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?

Jumping from a plane with only a parachute strapped to a guy.. who is strapped to me!

10. What place would you like to visit that you haven't been to yet?

The rest of the world! I never left North America and I want to check out all the different cultures on this Earth.

11. Do you have any favorite spcnet members? Please elaborate why he/she is your favorite.

Any member who spend their time translating wuxia stories for me to read. I love you guys (and gals)! *sniff* =P

12. How are things different now than when you first joined the forum?

Relationship threads weren't banned in Open Debate forum. And we only had one moderator back then, Jennifer.

Wow! Nice job(s) bella, keep them coming.

Feel the sanity of the MODs!
    Last edited by expression; 08-12-08 at 12:10 AM.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer a few of our questions. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your responses, and I am sure others will share the same feeling. Other than Ken, it seems that many of the moderators seldom visit the forum; thus, this is a great opportunity to introduce our forum leaders to new SPCNET members. In addition, this is also a chance to acknowledge your contributions over the years. It's truly a thankless job, and I do feel sorry for you guys sometimes for having to constantly deal with us crazy spammers. Nevertheless, your patience and understanding are recognized and appreciated.

PS: I’m still waiting to hear from a few more people. And you know who you are. Also, thank you Ceddie for your time and assistance. I know I’m a horrible procrastinator.
    This is cool! =D

I haven't done much, frankly. Just alittle suggestion and stuff.

And, no, Bellay. You are a capable young lady. IMO, no way are you close to a procrastinator in any way, honest. =)
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Default Interview with Han Solo

Melbourne, Australia.

2. Besides moderating spcnet, what else do you do in your pastime?

Dota addict.

3. What is your motto as a moderator?

Keep to topic.

4. What is your motto in life?

I'll do it tomorrow.

5. Name five characteristics about you.

Loner, Addict, Rager, Noob and Wicked Sick.

6. Which is the funniest prank played on you or played by you?

Secret.

7. If you could go back in time to meet any one person who ever lived, who would it be and why?

Feynman. There's just so much that i wanted to learn from him. Plus he is funny too. I was debating between him, Bohr and Gandhi, and thought that i get the funniest man.

8. Are you a resident physician or a licensed physician? How is your practice going?

Anaesthetics trainee (Anesthesiologist for you yanks)

9. I often hear mixed messages from people in your profession when it comes to job satisfaction. How satisfy are you with your job on a scale of 1-10?

8 out of 10.

10. What are some moments in your life that you would consider to be character defining?

Still waiting for that moment when the white rabbit appears.

11. Do you have any favorite spcnet member(s)? Please elaborate on why he/she is your favorite.

Candide. She's my biatch.

Old friends disappearing like Lav, Moin, Athena but the new wave of changjiang will replace the old wave.

Han, what's Dota Addict?

Quote Originally Posted by Han "One Line" Solo
    4. What is your motto in life?

I'll do it tomorrow.

11. Do you have any favorite spcnet member(s)? Please elaborate on why he/she is your favorite.

Candide. She's my biatch.
    Q4: Same motto here!

Q11: What?? I thought she belongs to Ken? LOL

Han, what's Dota Addict?
    Dota is a custom map of Warcraft 3 which is probably one of the most addictive free game online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAFzmuR2RWw

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Q4: Same motto here!

Q11: What?? I thought she belongs to Ken? LOL
    I met candide first!!

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Someone should interview our superstar Candy.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Yes, the hot candie and h...er sentiments for h...er 3 men: Ken, PJ and Han.

There you have it, two mod men who give you short responses and me the lady with detailed responses. I wonder if its the difference of the sexes or just because I'm an English major? But let's wait for Ken Cheng, I'm sure he has a lot to say about himself. It's what he does best.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-12-08 at 09:25 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I thought we can all consider ourselves to be experts of Ken by now.

Firstly, a great big thank you to Mod reponses. I personally think it's quite brave to be so frank and personally informative online.

Suet Seung

Later, when we first had Open Debate, Sports, Gaming/Anime and Academia. There were more intelligent and controversial debates, but now the threads that come up now in OD just asks people's opinion and it’s not always a debatable topic. It just seems when I first joined the forum, the members of that generation had more to say and express it more intelligently with substance. There were a lot of interesting wuxia debates and discussions too.

I'm not saying members of today are less intelligent or anything like that. I'm just saying members used to put more effort into what they post, so it sounds more intelligent and well thought out. There's still some members like that, but now there's more members that just post A LOT except it just seems more like short and trivial chat room messages.
    That's interesting to know. I find it more than a little irritating when a thread is filled with meaningless, incomplete sentences. Chinese forums have less at times e.g. just emoticons.

For chances of intellectual conversation, I must say spcnet still does pretty well. At least it's the only forum that I have remained 'faithful' to in all the years that I have been online. Besides spcnet, the only other forums which have impressed me are TWoP, Bleach forums, and most recently, www.obernewtyn.com (unofficial site for Isobelle Carmody's works).

I had an interesting discussion with a Mod from an Avatar forum about the relative depth and intellectual content of posts. For the Avatar forum at least, it was a strong reflection of age. Not to say that young posters cannot contribute to interesting conversation, but generally, there was no great movtivation for critical thought in the younger generation.

I feel it could also be a shift in how we see and use forums nowadays. I'm finding more posters use forums as a source of information for their favoured dramas, or as a venting outlet, and much less as a place for meaningful discussion.

There you have it, two mod men who give you short responses and me the lady with detailed responses. I wonder if its the difference of the sexes or just because I'm an English major?
    Well, females are supposed to be right brain predominate.

I tend to write a lot and I'm not an English major.

Crazy-T

10. What place would you like to visit that you haven't been to yet?

The rest of the world! I never left North America and I want to check out all the different cultures on this Earth.
    Thought about Peru? At least it's still part of your continent. I'm planning a volunteer placement there sometime next year. I have to start learning Spanish first . A place rich in culture, architecture, and archaeological hunts. Planning to help out in orphanages, teach English, and annoy local archaeologists for meaningful discussion while I'm there.

Han Solo

Melbourne, Australia.
    Ditto.

10. What are some moments in your life that you would consider to be character defining?

Still waiting for that moment when the white rabbit appears.
    Let me tell you, they come in moments when least expected. The 'white rabbit' effect was a bit of a delayed response IMO.

Come to think of it, Han, I thought Candy is from Australia too? Do you guys know each other or sth?

So that's why Candy is his favorite member........hmm........

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Come to think of it, Han, I thought Candy is from Australia too? Do you guys know each other or sth?
    Is he also from Melbourne though? Australia is pretty big.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Han did mention above that he had met Candy once. So it's probably love at first sight for him.