Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The God & Demons of Zu Mountain or The Zu Mountain Saga?

Default The God & Demons of Zu Mountain or The Zu Mountain Saga?

If you've seen both, which one did you enjoy more?

As much as I am an EKIN Cheng Fan, I would still have to say The Gods and Demons of Zu Mountain is better. I like the whole cast in this series, custome was not as ugly as the Saga, the characters were better, I like the whole feel to it.

i liked Zu Mountain Saga way better. It's one of my favorite series of all time.

ZMS has a lot more character development than part 1. There are also lot of shades of grey characters like Ekin Cheng. It wasn't simply black and white like part 1.

If Zu Mountain Saga is part II with Ekin, then that is the one I like much more.

I liked both but I think if I had to pick, I actually like part 1 more. That is my opinion though, however, it seems like part 2 is more popular.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I like the Zu Mt. Saga more b/c I think the relationships and characters are sweeter and more well developed. I disagree w/ IloveMimiLo b/c imo, the costumes are not good in both. But the costumes for the girls might be better in part I (w/ some exceptions) but guys costumes are definitely better in part II. Look at Jimmy and Aaron in part I.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I like the Zu Mt. Saga more b/c I think the relationships and characters are sweeter and more well developed. I disagree w/ IloveMimiLo b/c imo, the costumes are not good in both. But the costumes for the girls might be better in part I (w/ some exceptions) but guys costumes are definitely better in part II. Look at Jimmy and Aaron in part I.
    The costumes for the girls on part 1 were ok, but not for Jimmy though. What's up with the shorts??? Aaron's costumes were ok though.The costumes in part 2 were ok overall, but the best either...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I've only watched ZMS and I must say watching it again makes me realize how raw and unconvincing Nadia Chan's acting was.

Yeah, Zu Mountain Saga is much more better than part 1. Not even a contest.

I don't remember much except that I thought, back then, that Nnadia's hairpiece (part II) was quite good and that I couldn't stand the three main protagonists in part I.

Which means, I prefer part II

Oh I like the songs in part II.
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 05-21-09 at 11:15 AM.

You can watch episode 1 and 2 of the prequel on youtube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCFSNcC4kmA

Wow. It looks like DVD quality--it's so clear.

I haven't watched all of Zu Mountain Saga so I can't decide. But I remember The God and Demons of Zu Mountain had a lot of love triangles. They also had a lot of good actors and actresses in part 1.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-22-09 at 01:33 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

The only character I like in part 1 was played by Mimi. She was so cool.

Regarding part 2, I thought the part when Ekin turned evil was truly awesome. I think it was one of his best acting scenes. He usually plays the good guy, so seeing him as the cool bad guy, even for little while, was great.

I also like part 1 more than part 2 too...
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    The only character I like in part 1 was played by Mimi. She was so cool.

Regarding part 2, I thought the part when Ekin turned evil was truly awesome. I think it was one of his best acting scenes. He usually plays the good guy, so seeing him as the cool bad guy, even for little while, was great.
    I wished he stay evil longer too! His character was pretty sexy being all evil also more confident too. I think the outfits in SAGA looks like rags put together (aside from the angel women and the stone man) and the hair styles were so ugly. I also liked the guy that everyone wants to eat, that reincarnates so many times or something like that, too bad he didn't live and had more screen time.

that's one of the reasons why i love ZMS more. Ekin as the Blood Demon was awesome. and we get to see his character struggle between his good and bad side. so there's lot more character development and inner conflict in part 2 more than part 1. so i think part 2 has much more depth than part 1. part 1 in comparison was very simple, black & white.

So yeah, ZMS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GDZM

ZMS = Classic

Here are some pics of Zu Mountain Saga -

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/taksimblade/chianyian.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/taksimblade/chuiing2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/taksimblade/yajiwparn.jpg')

Good memories

ekin in his blood demon mode was awesome! I love how immediately after attaining the "demon-hood" he challenged the Supreme Wizard for the throne of the underworld lol. I'd say ZMS was a little better than G+DZM.

Quote Originally Posted by namix View Post
    ekin in his blood demon mode was awesome! I love how immediately after attaining the "demon-hood" he challenged the Supreme Wizard for the throne of the underworld lol. I'd say ZMS was a little better than G+DZM.
    yeah i liked how our hero had that evil demon side to him. It made things really interesting. His constant inner struggles and the prejudice he faced in that village where he grew up. I also like the time travel - reincarnation plot line.

Yeah i have to say I liked that part when ekin the blood demon challenged the wheel chair dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    His constant inner struggles and the prejudice he faced in that village where he grew up. I also like the time travel - reincarnation plot line.
    for some reason, that segment in the series always remind me of Condor Hero.

part II. theme songs for both series were excellent. the first part's theme song had a more wuxia feel to it. part II had a more nostalgic feel to it.
    however, romance wise, part ii wins hands down. i couldn't stand pauline's character in the first part...or maybe it's because i was rooting for the second girl.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)