View Poll Results: Which country will win the highest score?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

12 38.71%
  • China

18 58.06%
  • Russia

0 0%
  • Australia

0 0%
  • Other....

1 3.23%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Medal prediction

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    And the Chinese ladies won the gold. Congrats to them!
    They deserve it! It was an exciting show, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    And the Chinese ladies won the gold. Congrats to them!
    YAAAAY! Another beautiful victory for the Chinese!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

NBC was pissing me off with all that underage talk AGAIN. It's like they can't just be happy for them for once.

It's more like--lay out the evidence people and THEN TALK. Because without the evidence, they sound like a pack of sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    NBC was pissing me off with all that underage talk AGAIN. It's like they can't just be happy for them for once.

It's more like--lay out the evidence people and THEN TALK. Because without the evidence, they sound like a pack of sour grapes.
    Yeah...but you can't blame them..I mean if we switch sides I'm sure similar scenarios would occur, there is a bias that exist with every channel and it's commentators.. Really thought it's not like there's ZERO reason for them to think that there's at least a tiny bit of suspicion. I mean I'm ethnically Chinese but I live in Canada so I'm in no ways bias, but even I'm a bit suspicious. Even my mom who lived in China most of her life (also a super supporter of China) believe she wasn't 16, so you can't blame em. Whether if some of them weren't actually 16, we'll never know. Firstly, I doubt there will be some big investigation unless info leaked out. Even if they investigated, it'd be ultra difficult to find any conclusive evidence. So, might as well leave it as it is....

Yeah but honestly it just makes them look pathetic to make these claims without evidence. It just looks like they're sore losers from the beginning.

No one is diasgreeing that people should play fair, but without evidence, you really can't say jack just based on appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dan~ View Post
    Yeah...but you can't blame them..I mean if we switch sides I'm sure similar scenarios would occur, there is a bias that exist with every channel and it's commentators.. Really thought it's not like there's ZERO reason for them to think that there's at least a tiny bit of suspicion. I mean I'm ethnically Chinese but I live in Canada so I'm in no ways bias, but even I'm a bit suspicious. Even my mom who lived in China most of her life (also a super supporter of China) believe she wasn't 16, so you can't blame em. Whether if some of them weren't actually 16, we'll never know. Firstly, I doubt there will be some big investigation unless info leaked out. Even if they investigated, it'd be ultra difficult to find any conclusive evidence. So, might as well leave it as it is....
    but without them making a whole "deal" of out it, at most, we would likely be "wow...she looks young". but with them putting out the idea, people actually do start "believing" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    but without them making a whole "deal" of out it, at most, we would likely be "wow...she looks young". but with them putting out the idea, people actually do start "believing" them.
    Hey you can't really blame them for being bias...everyone channel and it's commentators are. I mean say in theory they were having olympics where the US female gymnast looked NOWHERE NEAR 16 and they win the gold..I'm sure whoever covers the second place finisher will say something about their suspicion regarding the winners age(this probably includes China if such a scenario were to happen). It's not that I like it, but let's be fair when they're covering their country for a national channel...how easy is it not to be bias? You are on the side of your respective country..

How is that being on a "side"? It's basically making a CLAIM about another country CHEATING and having no evidence to back it up.

In fact, this old guy they had commenting today was particularly rude. He was not "suspecting" that they were underaged. He was saying something along the lines of them deserving the gold based on their work, but "they should not be there, they are underaged". That's a pretty vicious attack. It's not a "suspicion" and is highly UNPROFESSIONAL without evidence.

U.S. didn't capitalize when they had a chance to take the lead. Alicia never recovered from her high beam routine. They were so close though ....!! oh wells. I can't wait until track and field starts.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Diving! China's winning! I had enough debating for one day, giving me a headache at 3:04 a.m.. Time for some light-hearted topics.

Yay! Still winning!!! I want Canada to win something too though...come on bronze, you CAN do it. Or not, hopefully at least swimmer boy can do something.

AND OMG THEY ARE SO AHEADDDDDDDDDDDDD.....
    Last edited by 999roses; 08-13-08 at 03:21 AM.

Diving! China's winning! I had enough debating for one day, giving me a headache at 3:04 a.m.. Time for some light-hearted topics.

Yay! Still winning!!! I want Canada to win something too though...come on bronze, you CAN do it. Or not, hopefully at least swimmer boy can do something.

AND OMG THEY ARE SO AHEADDDDDDDDDDDDD.....
    Canada is just not it's usually self..to many 'barely missed podium finishes'
    Wonder when their first medal will come. I think Despatie has a chance in an individual dive. If all else fails..I really think Adam van Koeverden will get one..for sure. On that note, I think China will fall short of beating USA becuase swimming ain't over and track & field hasn't even started.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dan~ View Post
    Canada is just not it's usually self..to many 'barely missed podium finishes'
    Wonder when their first medal will come. I think Despatie has a chance in an individual dive. If all else fails..I really think Adam van Koeverden will get one..for sure. On that note, I think China will fall short of beating USA becuase swimming ain't over and track & field hasn't even started.
    they probably will grab a bunch of medals in table tennis and badminton unless some other asian have something to say about it.

they're also winning a bunch in weight lifting (lower weight class) and shooting.

Most chinese medals come from individual sports where you get a bunch of medals handing out, so they do have an edge.

PS: they'll probably win a few in martial art like judo and taekwondo.

American will probably grab a bunch in track & fields, they already got 3 in fencing and will probably grab 1 more in the women team fencing.

How is that being on a "side"? It's basically making a CLAIM about another country CHEATING and having no evidence to back it up.

In fact, this old guy they had commenting today was particularly rude. He was not "suspecting" that they were underaged. He was saying something along the lines of them deserving the gold based on their work, but "they should not be there, they are underaged". That's a pretty vicious attack. It's not a "suspicion" and is highly UNPROFESSIONAL without evidence.
    That must have been Bela, the walking fool without a brain. If the first thing out of a former's coach mouth wasn't either "good job girls - things happen" or "congratulations to both teams" then he needs to re-evaluate his authencity as a good coach. He had every right to accuse the Chinese of being underage, on drugs, ugly, etc. (not that he did all those) but I did not commend his lack of effort to cheer on his own team.

Bias or not, Bela removed himself from the calm and collective coach to an outraged, emotional idiot.

yay, we got 1, 2 for the 200 fly

Do you guys think they will continue to win more diving stuff? I think so, because if they can win at synchro, why not at individual? They've defintiely got a great chance.

It would be cool if China could do a complete diving sweep.

OMG! Liu Zi Ge won the 200m butterfly! I'm soooo proud of her! I was totally rooting for her in the semi-finals and too bad I didn't watch the finals. She's awesome =) It's nice to see Chinese swimmers doing well.

Canada....GO FOR THE FIRST MEDAL YEAAA!

Do you guys think they will continue to win more diving stuff? I think so, because if they can win at synchro, why not at individual? They've defintiely got a great chance.

It would be cool if China could do a complete diving sweep.
    if they don't make mistakes, it's highly possible. their individual execution skills were all very high.

OMG! Liu Zi Ge won the 200m butterfly! I'm soooo proud of her! I was totally rooting for her in the semi-finals and too bad I didn't watch the finals. She's awesome =) It's nice to see Chinese swimmers doing well.

Canada....GO FOR THE FIRST MEDAL YEAAA!

and her teammate won silver.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-13-08 at 11:10 PM.

Anyone watching the men's gymnastics all-around right now? I can't get any signals....*bangs tv*

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    *bangs tv*
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」