Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I knew there was no way in hell.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness. View Post
    Does this mean you also think OJ Simpson was innocent? Hey he can out of court completely innocent, so do you believe he's completely innocent? Yeah, it's true sometimes the innocent get unjust treatment, but that doesn't mean the opposite doesn't happen (where the guilty get away). Again, nothing has been do to them yet hence they aren't 'innocent getting pinned as guilty' but they could very well be guilty getting away. Also, we don't know whether the IOC will do anything, we can assume that they do the logical thing but that's not always the case. Again, they've already stated that it's not their job to investigate and they simply take the info given to them by the government. I'm NOT conveying you as a fool if you feel that way then I apologize..but you clearly have a different mentality as I do and I was merely contrasting/clashing the different viewpoints as which seems ideal..
    OJ Simpson lost the civil trial, to me - he's no longer innocent in my eyes.

In regards to IOC, there will be a statement otherwise they can eliminate that department and save the revenue for the starving childrens of Africa. It's their job and people not doing their job should be fired. American and other countries will make sure something is being done, but the outcome may not be in favor of the Americans. Perhaps the IOC is not in-charge of investigating, someone is ... that's how things work.

Sorry - I'm the type of person when debating online, my ability to judge messages are rather skewed. I am more aggressive when debating online, in my nature and I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    OJ Simpson lost the civil trial, to me - he's no longer innocent in my eyes.

In regards to IOC, there will be a statement otherwise they can eliminate that department and save the revenue for the starving childrens of Africa. It's their job and people not doing their job should be fired. American and other countries will make sure something is being done, but the outcome may not be in favor of the Americans. Perhaps the IOC is not in-charge of investigating, someone is ... that's how things work.

Sorry - I'm the type of person when debating online, my ability to judge messages are rather skewed. I am more aggressive when debating online, in my nature and I apologize.
    Heh, I don't know anyone (and I mean anyone) who is less aggressive while debating online, so don't sweat it.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dan~ View Post
    Yes he can. He is a moderator after all, hence he has the power..ARTS?
    *clap clap* Very good. You should join the ARTS professional group.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    ...that that little Chinese girl could be 16 years old....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/...derage_chinese
    i'm pretty sure this won't come up this much if the US won......it's RIDICULOUS by saying "they look under 16".......

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    i'm pretty sure this won't come up this much if the US won......it's RIDICULOUS by saying "they look under 16".......
    You'd be wrong.

They have suspected the age of the Chinese gymnasts since before the competition. And it's more than the American team that's saying they look young.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    You'd be wrong.

They have suspected the age of the Chinese gymnasts since before the competition. And it's more than the American team that's saying they look young.
    duh...the IOC already looked into this matter b4 the game started.....n what did the IOC do? they clear the girls to compete.....

duh...the IOC already looked into this matter b4 the game started.....n what did the IOC do? they clear the girls to compete.....
    Actually no, the IOC only released a statement saying that they merely accept the documents that aren't given to them. They have not investigated into this and probably won't because it's so call 'not their policy.'

Actually no, the IOC only released a statement saying that they merely accept the documents that aren't given to them. They have not investigated into this and probably won't because it's so call 'not their policy.'
    passport is good enough....
    Last edited by SkyKing; 08-15-08 at 01:29 AM.

giving them passport is good enough....
    Again then, they did NOT do any investigating. We've discussed this before, birth dates, passports, etc can be all changed/altered. It's not the most uncommon thing in China, as everyone has discussed before.

Again then, they did NOT do any investigating. We've discussed this before, birth dates, passports, etc can be all changed/altered. It's not the most uncommon thing in China, as everyone has discussed before.
    then US need to shut their mouth...since they can't prove it...end of story

stop been a SORE LOSER!
    Last edited by SkyKing; 08-15-08 at 01:39 AM.

It's not just the US saying all this...you hear of it more because obviously you live in the US. Since it can't be proven or disproven, the call is really up for grabs, at least personally.

The US has not been a sore loser. The USAG did not complain or appeal Alicia's Sacramone's delay time though that clearly affected her performance.

Don't confuse Bela Karolyi aka annoying whiner with all of the US. Both teams did a great job and the results were fair.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    It's not just the US saying all this...you hear of it more because obviously you live in the US. Since it can't be proven or disproven, the call is really up for grabs, at least personally.

The US has not been a sore loser. The USAG did not complain or appeal Alicia's Sacramone's delay time though that clearly affected her performance.

Don't confuse Bela Karolyi aka annoying whiner with all of the US. Both teams did a great job and the results were fair.
    Well regarding issue being fair or not .. I didn't think the individual scores were fair for Natasha. She was near perfection yet her score repeatedly ranked her lower than perfection.

Regardless, I'm happy American girls got first and second place.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post

I agree. Bela Karolyi is really annoying. i had to switch channels because he was so annoying.

The US girls did very well and fully deserved their gold and silver medals.

I thought the Russians did well too... so too bad for them.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Interesting compilation of a few Chinese language newspapers.

http://cmp.hku.hk/2008/08/15/1177/
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I am sure Jiang Yuyan isn't eligible too and I'm not talking about her looks. I watched an interview of her dated last year two nights ago. The way she talked and behaved was so innocent and child-like (in the good way).

Not to say 16-year olds are not innocent and child-like, but Jiang's type is simply... well, kiddy. A few minutes into the interview and I was thinking: She's 13 years old. @.@;
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 08-15-08 at 08:57 PM.

Haha you'd be surprised that age says very little about how people should act sometimes. My cousin talks like she's 20 years when she was only 11. My mom's friend's daughter who is 5 talks like she is at least like a teenager, and the friend actually consults her daughter about marriage problems (AT THAT AGE:O).

So yeah, it really varies, depending on upbringing, etc. I've seen much older people talk like they're very young as well.

So far, I think the strongest "evidence" if any against these girls are the Chinese media reports in the previous years saying they were younger than now. Not all this business with supposed figures of authority saying they "look too young" based on experience, blah blah. If they CAN prove that those pieces of "evidence" are real, then there is a case. But since they can't....*shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Haha you'd be surprised that age says very little about how people should act sometimes. My cousin talks like she's 20 years when she was only 11. My mom's friend's daughter who is 5 talks like she is at least like a teenager, and the friend actually consults her daughter about marriage problems (AT THAT AGE:O).

So yeah, it really varies, depending on upbringing, etc. I've seen much older people talk like they're very young as well.

So far, I think the strongest "evidence" if any against these girls are the Chinese media reports in the previous years saying they were younger than now. Not all this business with supposed figures of authority saying they "look too young" based on experience, blah blah. If they CAN prove that those pieces of "evidence" are real, then there is a case. But since they can't....*shrugs*
    Agreed. That's why I'm leaving 20 percent of benefit of the doubt... But you know, the birthdates on their documents are suspicious. It seems like it's always the first day of some month.

But for the best outcome, I do hope the girls are age-eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Agreed. That's why I'm leaving 20 percent of benefit of the doubt... But you know, the birthdates on their documents are suspicious. It seems like it's always the first day of some month.
    i don't think the passport birthday itself will look suspicious...if they were to forge it, i have more faith in the chinese to be smarter about the dates .

Hahah yeaa! I was thinking--if they wanted to make He Ke Xin's b-day "look better", they really shouldn't have picked January 1 HAHA.