View Poll Results: Who is the most famous Gu Long hero (in reality)?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chu Liuxiang

15 45.45%
  • Lu Xiaofeng

2 6.06%
  • Ximen Chuixue

0 0%
  • Li Xunhuan

15 45.45%
  • Others

1 3.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who do you think is the most famous Gu Long hero (in reality)?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Did they re-use that song in the re-makes? I never watched any of them.
    Apparently, they did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icSbs8uPK9M

I actually heard it was b/c the original song was so famous, they just decided to reuse it.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Apparently, they did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icSbs8uPK9M

I actually heard it was b/c the original song was so famous, they just decided to reuse it.
    The lyrics of the song are also very appropriate for the novel IMHO.

Chu Liu Xiang/Chor La Heung. . .

What is it about "handsome and womanizing" protagonists?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

They even used the song in the Taiwan version of Xiao Lee Fei Dao that came out 9 years ago.

Wow, I never realized they reused the song...

Pretty awesome
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Little Li. I am quite surprised the vote is this close.

WHAT CRAP! I just watched that 1st episode on youtube.

They really butchered the story. Pretty boy in snappy clothes twirling his ornate knife around! BAH!!! The essense of Little Li is totally absent.

I like that version a lot, but it's also the only version I've ever watched :P

I read the translation and the feel I get from the series isn't entirely different. The first episode/few episodes is only different I think because he hasn't lost his lover yet so he's still happy and gay, while I think he does a pretty good job of showing the sadness for much of the first part of the series. The second part is garbage of course.

My favorite adaption is the film Legend of the Flying Swordsman (1999), which is widely -hated- by wuxia lovers and wuxia novices alike for its confusing storyline. However, I thought it was a nice change to the genre with its dream-like sequences. Recommended for art film buffs only.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    My favorite adaption is the film Legend of the Flying Swordsman (1999), which is widely -hated- by wuxia lovers and wuxia novices alike for its confusing storyline. However, I thought it was a nice change to the genre with its dream-like sequences. Recommended for art film buffs only.
    Is this the movie with Gigi Lai in it? I think Dave Wong was the main?

I am 100% sure in Asia, Xiao Li Fei Dao is the most recognisable. Li Xunhuan would be what? Who is that?

Lu Xiaofeng might lose to Ximen Chuixue for fame.

Chu liuxiang should be close to LXF.

Li Xunhuan would be far far behind LXF AND CLX. Hell, until I came here years ago, I would be whodafug is that too.

Most of those born pre 2000s (maybe even those after but I cant say) will recognise oh Xiao Li Fei Dao when the starting tune from the Roman Tam song plays.

I think that Xiao Li Fei Dao and Cang Hai Yi Sheng Xiao are certainly 2 pieces of music which have such a bond/fame/sync with the story now that virtually all new adaptations and games cant stop re-using the music. Same for Wong Fei Hong. The music from those old TV adaptations (Jiang Jun Ling) turned into Nan Er Dan Zi Qiang in the 90s and now its forever stuck.
    Last edited by CC; 06-01-21 at 03:59 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I am 100% sure in Asia, Xiao Li Fei Dao is the most recognisable. Li Xunhuan would be what? Who is that?
    It's kind of a toss up between Lee Chum Foon and Chor Lau Heung. Both franchises have been adapted much more often than other Gu Long stories. Luk Siu Fung's franchise is likely third, but it's a distant third.

Lu Xiaofeng might lose to Ximen Chuixue for fame.
    I don't know about that; Luk Siu Fung is the one who has his name on the titles of the books, TV series, and movies, and he has much more facetime (being the main protagonist) than Sai Mun Chui Sheut.

Chu liuxiang should be close to LXF.
    I prefer LUK SIU FUNG overall myself, but CHOR LAU HEUNG is more famous/popular overall.

Li Xunhuan would be far far behind LXF AND CLX. Hell, until I came here years ago, I would be whodafug is that too.
    Oh, come on. Nobody in Gu Long's universe gets more hype than Lee Chum Foon. He's clearly Gu Long's favorite protagonist and Gu Long hyped him at every opportunity. As for his name, well...if you're a fan of Superman, you know he's also called Clark Kent. I can't imagine that there are too many people who know about LITTLE LEE'S FLYING DAGGER, but don't know the name Lee Chum Foon. It's not as if the book titles are LITTLE LEE'S FLYING DAGGER (only TV series).

Most of those born pre 2000s (maybe even those after but I cant say) will recognise oh Xiao Li Fei Dao when the starting tune from the Roman Tam song plays.
    Great, great song, and I concede that there are likely Cantopop fans who know the song, but are not wuxia fans who don't know Gwok Jing from Chor Lau Heung, but we're not really talking about those folks. We're talking about actual wuxia fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

Oh, come on. Nobody in Gu Long's universe gets more hype than Lee Chum Foon. He's clearly Gu Long's favorite protagonist and Gu Long hyped him at every opportunity. As for his name, well...if you're a fan of Superman, you know he's also called Clark Kent. I can't imagine that there are too many people who know about LITTLE LEE'S FLYING DAGGER, but don't know the name Lee Chum Foon. It's not as if the book titles are LITTLE LEE'S FLYING DAGGER (only TV series).
    That wasnt my point or what I wrote. I am distinguishing between Xiao Li Fei Dao and Li Xun Huan. Try asking your Asian colleagues outside your family circle who is Li Xun Huan then. Then ask about Xiao Li Fei Dao.

Its like Lady Gaga vs Ms. Stefani Germanotta
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!