Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ravages of time (火鳳燎原)

He did live longer than the other brilliant people of the era, but it was, IMO, because of luck rather than because he was more capable than them: Guo Jia, Zhuge Liang, Cao Zhen and Cao Pi all died of illness, Pang Tong unluckily fell to a stray arrow, and Jia Xu died of old age. His accumulation of power doesn't impress me much, b/c after the death of Cao Zhen, none of the Caos and Xiahous was shrewd and talented enough. I'd be fine with it if the author exaggerated SMY's abilities a little bit, but what he's been doing here is over the top. His depiction of SMY has been too omnipotent and omniscient. C'mon! Guo Jia had to seek advices from him, and Sun Quan is his student? Seriously? Except for Chen Mou's repetitive annoying as$-kissing of Sima Yi and Zhao Yun, the manhua is still quite awesome, though. I really like his interpretations of Zhang Fei, Guan Yu, Pang Tong and Zhang Liao, especially Pang Tong, ha-ha, the dude is so cruel and practical, and he kicked the Sima Clan's @ss. But I have no doubt that later either Sima Yi or Zhao Yun, or maybe both of them, would kill him to avenge their kinsmen/comrades.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    He did live longer than the other brilliant people of the era, but it was, IMO, because of luck rather than because he was more capable than them: Guo Jia, Zhuge Liang, Cao Zhen and Cao Pi all died of illness, Pang Tong unluckily fell to a stray arrow, and Jia Xu died of old age. His accumulation of power doesn't impress me much, b/c after the death of Cao Zhen, none of the Caos and Xiahous was shrewd and talented enough. I'd be fine with it if the author exaggerated SMY's abilities a little bit, but what he's been doing here is over the top. His depiction of SMY has been too omnipotent and omniscient. C'mon! Guo Jia had to seek advices from him, and Sun Quan is his student? Seriously? Except for Chen Mou's repetitive annoying as$-kissing of Sima Yi and Zhao Yun, the manhua is still quite awesome, though. I really like his interpretations of Zhang Fei, Guan Yu, Pang Tong and Zhang Liao, especially Pang Tong, ha-ha, the dude is so cruel and practical, and he kicked the Sima Clan's @ss. But I have no doubt that later either Sima Yi or Zhao Yun, or maybe both of them, would kill him to avenge their kinsmen/comrades.
    I get what you mean about Sima Yi. :\ And yes, he only did managed to win the top only because those capable Caos were dead, or too young to exert authority, and Cao Rui screwed up in the middle of somewhere by giving too much authority to the Sima clan.

And yes, I'd bet Sima Yi or Zhao Yun's going to be ones who orchestrated Pang Tong's death at the valley later in the story.

Just to say, I really liked Yuan Fang since the Battle of Guandu started. Heh.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Yes, Yuan Fang has become pretty cool after Lu Bu's death. It's interesting to see him single-handedly battling it out with Xun Yu, Jia Xu and Guo Jia. But everything would turn into crap if Sima Yi becomes involved again (maybe his fans wouldn't think so). I really hope Chen Mou won't have SMY butt in on this battle anymore, but this is very unlikely. Heck, I'm 90% sure SMY would be the person who first comes up with the idea of severing Yuan Shao's supply line and sets up everything instead of Xun Yu, Xu You and Xun You. And I also bet that this dude would be the one who persuades Zhang He to betray Yuan Shao and join Cao Cao's army.

Yes, Yuan Fang has become pretty cool after Lu Bu's death. It's interesting to see him single-handedly battling it out with Xun Yu, Jia Xu and Guo Jia. But everything would turn into crap if Sima Yi becomes involved again (maybe his fans wouldn't think so). I really hope Chen Mou won't have SMY butt in on this battle anymore, but this is very unlikely. Heck, I'm 90% sure SMY would be the person who first comes up with the idea of severing Yuan Shao's supply line and sets up everything instead of Xun Yu, Xu You and Xun You. And I also bet that this dude would be the one who persuades Zhang He to betray Yuan Shao and join Cao Cao's army.
    Erm yes. Since the Yuans are going to lose, I'd bet it's SMY who topped Yuan Fang. >.<!

This is when I really want a change in history or something at least in the manga... @_@

actually it seems more likely that SY is going to be responsible for causing the internal damage of yuan shao's faction
    click to show/hide spoilers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5206/5353853221_e109346731_b.jpg')
    "The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience."
    -Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam to Paul Atreides

Quote Originally Posted by yongbifan View Post
    actually it seems more likely that SY is going to be responsible for causing the internal damage of yuan shao's faction http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5206/...09346731_b.jpg
    The pages you posted are the last 2 pages of chapter 329. That woman is Lady Zhen (Heck, for such a woman of exceptional beauty, according to legend, as her, Chen Mou's depiction is friggin ugly, and looks more like a dude than a woman!). Having read the chapter, I don't think she has anything to do with SMY *yet*. It seems Yuan Fang or one of his backers introduced her to his 3 half-brothers to cause infighting between them and seize power. But at the current Sima-Yi worshipping rate, the author may very well let the dude capture her in the moment the Yuan clan comes to and end, then give her to Cao Pi as a present, thus gaining more trust from the Caos.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Erm yes. Since the Yuans are going to lose, I'd bet it's SMY who topped Yuan Fang. >.<!

This is when I really want a change in history or something at least in the manga... @_@
    Yuan Fang and the Yuan clan have to lose in the end. I don't mind if Xun Yu, Xun You and Guo Jia defeat Yuan Fang, because that is what their historical counterparts did. But if Sima Yi makes the biggest contribution to the victory, which is likely to happen, this whole arc about the battle of Guandu would stink!

Yuan Fang and the Yuan clan have to lose in the end. I don't mind if Xun Yu, Xun You and Guo Jia defeat Yuan Fang, because that is what their historical counterparts did. But if Sima Yi makes the biggest contribution to the victory, which is likely to happen, this whole arc about the battle of Guandu would stink!
    battle of Guandu has been epix!!!
    "The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience."
    -Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam to Paul Atreides

Yuan Fang died! NOOOO! :'(