View Poll Results: Which side is better?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jin Yong's best fighters

25 59.52%
  • Gu Long's best fighters

17 40.48%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jin Yong's best fighters Vs Gu Long's Best fighters

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    erased!

erased...............
    Last edited by CC; 09-26-08 at 01:49 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Oi! You are not supposed to use GL against GL! Bai is my penultimate secret weapon against the JY characters!

never mind. I still have the Ultimate Weapon.
    oh shoot .... nm im erasing mine ... forgot this is JY vs GL.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

But.....
    Umm, my love, you're supposed to alternate between Gu Long and Jin Yong candidates
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

But RWX who still thinks in terms of Sword and Body is still at least 2 levels away from the peak of Old Man Sun's theory of martial arts. Surely, RWX would be shamed by the dialogue between Grandpa and Granddaughter Sun?
    Ze candidate that I'm about to present is really overkill for Old Man Sun. Even if Old Man Sun could reproduce himself in 100 clones, he would nevertheless be wiped out with one finger by this candidate.

While Zhang Sanfeng was said to have reached the highest level in martial arts, and can accomplish any task as his heart desires, he was nevertheless bound by circumstances. For example, if he were to meet another 2 individuals who could also each accomplish any task as his/her heart desires, 2 > 1, so Zhang would lose.

But not this candidate, for he has surpassed the stage of being bound by any circumstance -- Jin Yong said so:

他托着那子的身躯,发足便往山壁上奔去。山壁陡峭之极,本来无论如何攀援不上,但萧峰提气直上,一口气便冲上了十来丈

He carried his enemy's body, and started running up the cliff. The cliff is so deep that originally, one cannot run up against it under any circumstance; but Xiao Feng gathered his energy, and ran up roughly 100 feet in one breath.

Xiao Feng is no longer bound by any humanly circumstance. He has surpassed the highest stage known by man. Old Man Sun can kiss his a$$ goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post

Xiao Feng is no longer bound by any humanly circumstance. He has surpassed the highest stage known by man. Old Man Sun can kiss his a$$ goodbye.

Resurrecting oldposts again eh? You must have been scouring the novels for such tidbits of JY hyperbole everyday while sitting in the bog?

Resurrecting oldposts again eh? You must have been scouring the novels for such tidbits of JY hyperbole everyday while sitting in the bog?
    What better way to start the morning?

But not this candidate, for he has surpassed the stage of being bound by any circumstance -- Jin Yong said so:

他托着那子的身躯,发足便往山壁上奔去。山壁陡峭之极,本来无论如何攀援不上,但萧峰提气直上,一口气便冲上了十来丈

He carried his enemy's body, and started running up the cliff. The cliff is so deep that originally, one cannot run up against it under any circumstance; but Xiao Feng gathered his energy, and ran up roughly 100 feet in one breath.

Holy shit. I just ran across this quote while reviewing a few other old threads. This is a very, very good quote. This is something which cannot be done 'no matter what'...then Xiao Feng just does it after taking a breath and gathering his internal energy.

Honestly, Xiao Feng is like the anti-Zhang Sanfeng. Jinyong keeps talking about how Zhang Sanfeng can do anything, then he fails to do something, whereas with Xiao Feng, Jinyong keeps talking about how impossible something is, then has Xiao Feng do it anyhow.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 01-31-09 at 05:18 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Holy shit. I just ran across this quote while reviewing a few other old threads. This is a very, very good quote. This is something which cannot be done 'no matter what'...then Xiao Feng just does it after taking a breath and gathering his internal energy.

Honestly, Xiao Feng is like the anti-Zhang Sanfeng. Jinyong keeps talking about how Zhang Sanfeng can do anything, then he fails to do something, whereas with Xiao Feng, Jinyong keeps talking about how impossible something is, then has Xiao Feng do it anyhow.
    So basically, JY is lying to us? Can me trust anything the narrator tells us?

You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

I've mentioned many times how actions that are performed should be considered a higher authority than even what the narration says.

The only two things that can trump that are Retcon (actual events that contradict something from the past whether explicitly or implicitly) and Word of God (the author says, "I know I wrote that, but I really want it to be like this instead"

I wonder what was going thru JY's mind. He used the phrase 无论如何 which is really 'impossible! no matter what it can't be done under any condition'.

It is actually not very good writing (just fun for us to take the piss).

Since no one has posted a challenge to the mighty Xiao Feng and his surpass-ment of circumstances, I shall post a follow up revealing an even GREATER contender: He Who Transcended The Limitations of Circumstances Not Once, But TWICE: Yang Xiao.

In HSDS, it was said that: 这两下动作,本来全是绝不可能,但见他膝不曲,腰不弯,陡然滑出,陡然站直,便如全身装上了机括弹簧,而身子之僵硬怪诡,又 和僵尸无异。

These 2 moves were absolutely impossible to perform. But he [Yang Xiao]... [did it] (sorry, too lazy to translate whole sentence).

But wait, that's not the end of it! He did it again, in the same paragraph!

杨逍身刚站起,双脚踏出,喀喀两响,何氏夫妇双剑断折。他两脚出脚虽有先后,但迅如电闪,便似同时踏出一般 。以何太冲和班淑娴剑法上的造诣,杨逍武功再强,也决不能一招之间便踏断二人兵刃,只是他招数怪异,于重伤之余突然脱身反击。

Yang Xiao broke He Taichong and his wife's swords in ONE stance. His speed was lightning fast. It was said that based on He Taichong and Madam He's swordplay skills, no matter how high Yang Xiao's kung fu, it was absolutely impossible to break their 2 swords in one stance. But of course, Yang just did.

Yang Xiao is truly a Rejecter of Limitations. He has the "Can Do" attitude better than anyone else. That's why he can achieve things that are "absolutely impossible."

I swear: if Jin Yong and Gu Long weren't famous wuxia writers, but just posted their stuff at FanFiction.net, the readers there would RIP these guys!

This must be one of my top 20 threads of all time.

I don't think anyone can top Yang "2x Impossibility Beater" Xiao.

oh shoot .... nm im erasing mine ... forgot this is JY vs GL.
    Damn, re-reading this favourite old thread, I forgot what it was about Bai (penultimate) and who was the GL Ultimate trump card I was going to use.

This pisses me off!

Since no one has posted a challenge to the mighty Xiao Feng and his surpass-ment of circumstances, I shall post a follow up revealing an even GREATER contender: He Who Transcended The Limitations of Circumstances Not Once, But TWICE: Yang Xiao.

In HSDS, it was said that: 这两下动作,本来全是绝不可能,但见他膝不曲,腰不弯,陡然滑出,陡然站直,便如全身装上了机括弹簧,而身子之僵硬怪诡,又和 僵尸无异。

These 2 moves were absolutely impossible to perform. But he [Yang Xiao]... [did it] (sorry, too lazy to translate whole sentence).

But wait, that's not the end of it! He did it again, in the same paragraph!

杨逍身刚站起,双脚踏出,喀喀两响,何氏夫妇双剑断折。他两脚出脚虽有先后,但迅如电闪,便似同时踏出一般 。以何太冲和班淑娴剑法上的造诣,杨逍武功再强,也决不能一招之间便踏断二人兵刃,只是他招数怪异,于重伤之余突然脱身反击。

Yang Xiao broke He Taichong and his wife's swords in ONE stance. His speed was lightning fast. It was said that based on He Taichong and Madam He's swordplay skills, no matter how high Yang Xiao's kung fu, it was absolutely impossible to break their 2 swords in one stance. But of course, Yang just did.

Yang Xiao is truly a Rejecter of Limitations. He has the "Can Do" attitude better than anyone else. That's why he can achieve things that are "absolutely impossible."
    Yang Xiao sounds like he'd be one hell of a motivational speaker.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

OK anybody else feeling this is a bit like DC vs Marvel