Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Child Zhang Wuji or adult Zhang Wuji?

Post Child Zhang Wuji or adult Zhang Wuji?

Yin Li, supposedly the "wife" of Zhang Wuji, fell in love with him when they were young. But, it's not the adult ZWJ that she likes (though there are 3 other pretty babes interested in the adult form), instead she likes the younger form of ZWJ (in his childhood years).

Which do you prefer? Bearing in mind that ZWJ became a wishy-washy, somewhat irritating guy who doesn't know how to enjoy life, his younger days seems to be more appealing.
    ..ext88

Young ZWJ was also smart and snappy with his wittiness too. Plus in 1st edition he could use a stroke of HL18P

Adult Zhang Wuji by far.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I like Adult Zhang Wuji. I like Adult Zhang Wu Ji Character.

Yeah, grown-up version. Not that the younger Cheung Mo Gei was some horrid hellspawn child, but he was developing some Yeung Gor-like tendencies that fortunately, he grew out of.

I think the adult ZWJ is a very lovable character.

I like the child ZWJ, and I liked him up through Brilliance Peak. Once he started getting involved with Zhao Min and showed his true colors, I lost interest. I was very disappointed how he turned out.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Once he started getting involved with Zhao Min and showed his true colors, I lost interest. I was very disappointed how he turned out.
    Can you elaborate? I find him more interesting after his involvement with Zhao Min.

I am not as familiar with HSDS as I am with other JY novels because I only read it once. ZWJ and his chicks made me sick with their S&M things so I sort of skimmed through the 2nd half of the book just to see the ending. E.g. hand-biting, and ZWJ opening up his shirt to show ZZR where she stabbed him to tell her that the deeper she stabs him, the deeper he loves her. The whole relationship with Yang Xiao, Ji Xiao Fu, Yang Bu Hui, and the 6th Wudang dude also weirds me out. HSDS is probably my least favorite JY book.

Thus, I can't give any accurate description of any other scenes without having to recheck the text of HSDS, which I do not want to, so I will just say that his whole interaction with ZM and ZZR annoys me a lot. She is his enemy, but she's so hot. He's her enemy, but he's so hot. She's evil (ZZR), but nope she was just confused so lets just forget what she did. All's forgiven. La-di-la-di-la. That's not even mentioning that ZM is a rotten traitor, much more so than YK ever was, and yet YK gets known as a "country selling bastard" while ZM "abandons the dark for the light."
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    Yin Li, supposedly the "wife" of Zhang Wuji, fell in love with him when they were young. But, it's not the adult ZWJ that she likes (though there are 3 other pretty babes interested in the adult form), instead she likes the younger form of ZWJ (in his childhood years).

Which do you prefer? Bearing in mind that ZWJ became a wishy-washy, somewhat irritating guy who doesn't know how to enjoy life, his younger days seems to be more appealing.

I don't remember the ZWJ at the end of the series (haven't read any of JY's novels), but between the child version and the in between, I'd pick his child version. Pretty much when he was on the island with his parents and up until he handed Yang Buhui over to Yang Xiao. Maybe I'll have a different perspective after I re-watch it.

Definitely prefer his childhood form over his adult form in terms of relationships.

His grown-up version had a very fascinating story but I hated how he couldn't make up his mind on who he liked or wanted. He's one of those deadly hotties that most girls should avoid. I honestly thought by the time he met xiu chiu, he should have know whether it was ZZR > XC or XC > ZZR. Of course, no resolution there, then came ZM and again - who did he like more?

He just kept tagging them along ... and you know what, at the very end - he stuck with one and let the others sacrifice for him.

I don't get his character at all. He's so righteous to his bros and sifu ... but what about these girls that equally sacrificed almost everything for him???

i'm not delusional, i hate zmj even though this was my fave jy novel.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post

I don't get his character at all. He's so righteous to his bros and sifu ... but what about these girls that equally sacrificed almost everything for him???
    He didn't treat any of them badly, however. In fact, that's the root of his problem right there: he treated them all well and in so doing, sent many mixed signals.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    That's not even mentioning that ZM is a rotten traitor, much more so than YK ever was, and yet YK gets known as a "country selling bastard" while ZM "abandons the dark for the light."
    Unlike Zhao Min, Yang Kang actively participated in the persecution of his country of birth, while Zhao Min kind of retired with ZWJ into the sunset (although she did save his bacon a few times which would eventually contribute to the loss of her dynasty). She also had more conflict about loyalty to her people, and she did serve them well for a while. If ZM would serve with Zhu Yuanzhang and Xu Da and win battles for the Ming then yeah, it would be closer to Yang Kang.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    He didn't treat any of them badly, however. In fact, that's the root of his problem right there: he treated them all well and in so doing, sent many mixed signals.
    I guess this is a gender thing again.

ZMJ is treating them worse by sending those mixed signals. It's either you are all in or all out. For that period in time, he could easily be a WXB. If I were any of the girls, I would be happy sharing him with the other 2 (one of them is dead). I didn't see ZZR and XC minding that at all.

I guess this is a gender thing again.

ZMJ is treating them worse by sending those mixed signals. It's either you are all in or all out. For that period in time, he could easily be a WXB. If I were any of the girls, I would be happy sharing him with the other 2 (one of them is dead). I didn't see ZZR and XC minding that at all.
    Chow Chi Yerk *very* much minded. If not, why would she have murdered Yan Lei and then tried to frame Chiu Mun for it, not to mention try to murder Chiu Mun on multiple occasions afterward?

I don't think any of the young women in question would have found a Wai Siu Bo-like arrangement acceptable to them, but what else was Cheung Mo Gei to do? His only "sin" was treating each of these young women well. What was the better alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Chow Chi Yerk *very* much minded. If not, why would she have murdered Yan Lei and then tried to frame Chiu Mun for it, not to mention try to murder Chiu Mun on multiple occasions afterward?

I don't think any of the young women in question would have found a Wai Siu Bo-like arrangement acceptable to them, but what else was Cheung Mo Gei to do? His only "sin" was treating each of these young women well. What was the better alternative?
    I thought she didn't mean to murder Yan Lei. It wasn't part of her plan. The murdering of ZM later was because ZMJ did not want her at all.

The better alternative would be, "sorry, you are not my cup of tea." Is that so hard? He was with one looking out for a better and that's pretty despicable.

XC for sure didn't mind the whole WXB arrangement for sure! My hatred really streamed from the disappearance of XC. Ughh ... the whole scene is coming back to me again.

I thought she didn't mean to murder Yan Lei. It wasn't part of her plan. The murdering of ZM later was because ZMJ did not want her at all.
    She claimed that she didn't want to murder Yan Lei, and perhaps murder wasn't part of the original plan. Considering what Chow Chi Yerk's goals were, however, it isn't hard to surmise that jealousy was a motivating factor. Yan Lei, after all, was "officially" married to Cheung Mo Gei, so if anybody had to go first, it was she.

The better alternative would be, "sorry, you are not my cup of tea." Is that so hard?
    First of all, he hadn't quite figured it out yet at the time. Remember: all four of these young women came into and went out of his life quite abruptly; Cheung Mo Gei never had the luxury that Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor did of basically being with the same woman all the time. Until all the girls ended up with him at Snake Island, he encountered each under the belief that he'd likely never see the others again.

Second, it's not so much that it's hard for him to say that, but it's hard for him to say it without breaking any one of the girls' hearts anyway. Basically, there was no graceful way out of this for him. If Cheung Mo Gei had done as you're suggesting, he'd have an equal number of critics lambasting him for being cruel.

He was with one looking out for a better and that's pretty despicable.
    That never struck me as his mindset; as far as I could tell, his only "mistake" was being kind to each of the girls. That all four of them took that as an invitation to intimacy wasn't something he could control.

XC for sure didn't mind the whole WXB arrangement for sure! My hatred really streamed from the disappearance of XC.
    Siu Chiu would have minded, but she would have kept that to herself. Chow Chi Yerk and Chiu Mun absolutely would not have tolerated each other.

As for Siu Chiu's disappearance, how is that Cheung Mo Gei's fault? She was the successor to the Persian Ming Cult Leader position. Taking that position was the only way to save her mother and prevent internal strife between the Persian and Chinese Ming Cult branches. This is in no way Cheung Mo Gei's fault.

Cheung Mo Gei is guilty of one major flaw in his life: he's too nice a guy for his own good. To me, that's a very forgivable flaw in a character.

Why is it that it's always the girls who say ZWJ is wishy washy and stringing the girls along? It takes time to choose someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Do you just marry some randomly chosen guy out of these four, after only a short time of knowing them?

#1: was madly in love with your 14 year old jailbait self (and for a typical Asian chick, it's more like 14 y.o prepubescent) but is not at all keen on your adult womanly self.

#2: started out constantly trying to get you fired from your job or ruin your company, but then quit his job to work for you. His parents and siblings think you're a two-bit ho who ain't worth sh!t.

#3: was/is obsessed with washing your underwears and bringing you foods. Plus is underage.

#4: had a brief crush on you when you were 10, almost stabbed you to death once, has a parent (more like parental figure) that thinks you're a two-bit ho and many nasty siblings who agree with the parent and can't get laid. He's also pursued by some chick who's way more beautiful than you and comes from a great family, which is approved by everyone, and has made no apparent attempt to tell her it's not on.

I tell you, you women are so full of it!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Hah, good one, Candide.
    Couldn't have written it better myself!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Why is it that it's always the girls who say ZWJ is wishy washy and stringing the girls along? It takes time to choose someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Do you just marry some randomly chosen guy out of these four, after only a short time of knowing them?

#1: was madly in love with your 14 year old jailbait self (and for a typical Asian chick, it's more like 14 y.o prepubescent) but is not at all keen on your adult womanly self.

#2: started out constantly trying to get you fired from your job or ruin your company, but then quit his job to work for you. His parents and siblings think you're a two-bit ho who ain't worth sh!t.

#3: was/is obsessed with washing your underwears and bringing you foods. Plus is underage.

#4: had a brief crush on you when you were 10, almost stabbed you to death once, has a parent (more like parental figure) that thinks you're a two-bit ho and many nasty siblings who agree with the parent and can't get laid. He's also pursued by some chick who's way more beautiful than you and comes from a great family, which is approved by everyone, and has made no apparent attempt to tell her it's not on.

I tell you, you women are so full of it!
    Not exactly what these women were ... but if that's what his opinion was then a simple, "no" would suffice.

Nonetheless, I understand what you are saying - he didn't get enough time to fully know these beautiful ladies and needed the time to get to know each other. Kind of like a speed date thing going and he didn't feel an instant vibe strong enough for anyone of them or a weak enough vibe to get rid of them.

And let's erase the fact that when he laid eyes on ZM he pretty much got some sort of an erection but that's okay - he's going to test all the other girls out to see if he can get the same erection again.

In all honesty, I think his hand went through a rough exercise prior to Snake Island. With that, he still couldn't decide?

Egotistical men are all over the world ...