Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Huang Rong vs. Zhao Min, who's smarter?

Talking Huang Rong vs. Zhao Min, who's smarter?

Hello all wuxia fans! I hope I'm not creating a thread that already exit, if so, please merge it or do whatever to it

Ok, both HR & ZM are extrememly smart in LOCH & HSDS, who do you think is smarter?
    I don't remember much from LOCH but I remember ZM's schemes & plans more (probable HSDS was my first wuxia series).
    For HR, she tricked people, but it seem like most of her plans were small, not a big picture type, right? Correct me if I'm wrong please. In ROCH, she tricked XNL & YG so they have to separate for 16 years so they can find a cure for their poison????

For ZM, she captured all 6 groups from the Orthordox Sect, she gave ZWJ the black jade medicine b/c she knew he will need it later on (it was in her hair accessory). She help ZWJ and other wu dang uncles find out who killed the 6th uncle, she pretty much know who's bad and who's not.

So who's smarter? Since you guys know more wuxia than me, I thought ZM is, but her kung fu is not that good though, at least HR get to the leader of the Beggar Sect while ZM started out as a princess and ended up as a commoner ???

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Hello all wuxia fans! I hope I'm not creating a thread that already exit, if so, please merge it or do whatever to it

Ok, both HR & ZM are extrememly smart in LOCH & HSDS, who do you think is smarter?
    I don't remember much from LOCH but I remember ZM's schemes & plans more (probable HSDS was my first wuxia series).
    For HR, she tricked people, but it seem like most of her plans were small, not a big picture type, right? Correct me if I'm wrong please. In ROCH, she tricked XNL & YG so they have to separate for 16 years so they can find a cure for their poison????

For ZM, she captured all 6 groups from the Orthordox Sect, she gave ZWJ the black jade medicine b/c she knew he will need it later on (it was in her hair accessory). She help ZWJ and other wu dang uncles find out who killed the 6th uncle, she pretty much know who's bad and who's not.

So who's smarter? Since you guys know more wuxia than me, I thought ZM is, but her kung fu is not that good though, at least HR get to the leader of the Beggar Sect while ZM started out as a princess and ended up as a commoner ???
    Chiu Ming is pretty smart but Wong Yung is way smarter.....
    If Wong yung is 10, then Chiu Ming is about 6 and at most 7...

Talking

In that case, I need to re-watch LOCH then, I'm too lazy to watch it though, can you highlight some of the things that HR did so I can expand my knowledge on LOCH?

Huang Rong is more knowledgeable and slightly smarter.

I still find Zhao Min a more lovable character than HR. You don't want them TOO smart.

- became Sherlock Holmes and figured out who really killed the Jiangnan 5 Freaks (this was supposed to be like her wow she's smart moment)

- tricked H7G to stay around and teach GJ 15 of the HL18Z

- beat the crazed OYF and became Number One Under Heaven through intellect of course

- memorized Peach Blossum Island Defence schematics (it makes no sense to anyone but her and her old man)

- has a literature knowledge that served no purpose in the plot but highlight her book smarts. She also figured out what Yue Fei was saying in WMYS

- continually mocked Ying Gu because she's smarter in math and saved herself and GJ

- has a natural talent for learning MA

That's all in LOCH anyway. Don't remember too many plot points dealing with her intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Chiu Ming is pretty smart but Wong Yung is way smarter.....
    If Wong yung is 10, then Chiu Ming is about 6 and at most 7...
    The difference is nowhere near that much.

Huang Rong wasn't even the smartest character in her own novel.

Banned

O RLY? I thought she was super smart. her father was the only person who was smarter. and even yang guo was only described as "almost as smart as huang rong"

If you exclude outside people praising how smart Huang Rong is, I feel like their feats are pretty comparable. Besides math/elemental diagrams etc that was unique to her father, she doesn't have much over Zhao Min imo. Both were pretty much never stumped and could figure out a solution anytime it was needed. It's hard to compare.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/l/2001-12-06/2_28-3-329_2001120616457.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/Singing_phoenix/alyssia01.jpg')

Take a pick. The choice is clear. One with beauty and intelligence.

*looks at flamer's avatar* Hmm....

*replaces Zhou Xun with Athena Chu* I have my winner.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post

What... even when Alyssa Chia is the competition? No way...

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post

NNNNNaaahhhhhh
    Barbara Yung is way better
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/bingcute2/6_2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/bingcute2/7_2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mr-penman.com/blog/images/movie/legend_of_the_condor_heroes/legend_of_the_condor_heroes_01.jpg')
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 09-24-08 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Fu ): View Post
    O RLY? I thought she was super smart. her father was the only person who was smarter. and even yang guo was only described as "almost as smart as huang rong"
    Well see, you answered your own question. You think her father is smarter than her, hence, "she is not even the smartest character in her novel".

So from your guys point of view, all I know is Alyssa Chia and Barbara Yung apparently are hella smart. Nothing to do with their character.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Well see, you answered your own question. You think her father is smarter than her, hence, "she is not even the smartest character in her novel".
    so? thats not saying much, her father is one of the smartest person in jin yong universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Fu ): View Post
    so? thats not saying much, her father is one of the smartest person in jin yong universe.
    Well, yeah, hey, I am not saying she is a dumbass. I don't think the other poster meant that either. They just said she was not the smartest, which is true, because HYS is smarter than her.

Similarly, it is like saying Xu Zhu is not even the best in his novel. Which is true, cause Sweeper Monk is a supposed God.

Yea I think not being the smartest in her novel is not much argument against Huang Rong.

Its like comparing Xuzhu and Zhao Zhijing. Xuzhu may not be the best in DGSD but he is a lot better than ZZJ. Xuzhu not being the best in his novel is quite irrelevant.

But in this case, I don't think Huang Rong is not that much smarter than Zhao Min.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Well, yeah, hey, I am not saying she is a dumbass. I don't think the other poster meant that either. They just said she was not the smartest, which is true, because HYS is smarter than her.

Similarly, it is like saying Xu Zhu is not even the best in his novel. Which is true, cause Sweeper Monk is a supposed God.
    HR is much smarter than both her father and ZM. For one, she can read people really well and also ZM always had a big force of army backing her up. HR left her father and did her own thing and still survived with an idiot on her back.

I think HR is by far much smarter than ZM. I agree with Trieu on HR being a 10 and ZM being a 7.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

In addition to the above, Huang Rong also guided Guo Jing on his first steps towards using the Wumu legacy, instructing him to separate Jochi and Chaghatai, then guiding him in the early stages of the Khwaresm campaign, and possibly even after that. It's possible that Guo Jing had grasped enough of the legacy later on to command on his own, but the major tactical coups were still Huang Rong's ideas. The only plus Zhao Min has is her ability to lead, and that's due to her position, not her intelligence. Thinking about it, even in her own novel, I'm not sure if Zhao Min is any smarter than Yang Xiao, who's a strategic genius in his own right.

Yang Xiao, I'm sure hes a clever guy. But I don't think he demonstrated nearly enough wit as Zhao Min in HSDS. Zhao Min had the entire Ming Sect and wulin in chaos.