Thread: Concerts and Shows

Default Concerts and Shows

Concerts and shows are something I really enjoy going to.

So, how many concerts or shows have you been to? What kind of concerts or shows do you like? Which are your favourites? Are there any shows you wish you could have gone to but didn't or couldn't? what's your opinion on concerts or shows?

For me, I like to go to smaller shows, since it's more interactive. Usually, that's going to local indie bands or bands that aren't huge yet. I don't really like shows at big venues, unless I can afford seats near the stage, which I can't.

I've been to about 6 shows so far. My favourite is probably Dir en grey, since they're my favourite band and it was amazing seeing them live.

I wish I could have gone to Queen's last show. I also wish I could go to concerts for Radiohead, but they are always at huge places.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I've only been to a few, and usually because someone dragged me along. The last concert I went to was about 2 months ago. It was pretty small, and a lot of the people going there were...much older than me. Shui Mu Nian Hua, Lao Gang, and some other various Chinese singers were doing a campus folk song theme show, and since I have absolutely zero experience/memories with attending school in China, I wasn't too excited. I was, however, pleasantly surprised with Shui Mu Nian Hua and their songs, and now I'm a fan. And it was nice to be able to stalk them after the show (for my friend's sake). They were incredibly down-to-earth and didn't mind my crappy Chinese. In fact, they would rather use their broken English to chat with me. It was quite interesting.

Now if only I had enough stalking experience during Leehom's concert....=\

I've always wanted to attend a S.E.N.S. concert, but they only hold them in Japan, boo.

X-japan...one day..one day...

I've been to a bunch of piano and orchestra related ones. Shows, some Chinese dancing ones, some Broadway-style (but not true Broadway yet), and some musicals.

I didn't know you liked X-Japan. That's pretty cool.

X-Japan is supposed to come to NYC. But the show has been postponed. When they announce the date, I'm probably going as long as I have money. Though without hide, it won't be the same. But I'm sure Sugizo will do a great job.
    Last edited by xJadedx; 09-29-08 at 10:58 PM.
    My love and my agony.

They only shows I've been to are the Asia entertainment with the Vietnamese artists. I'd love to go to a Linkin Park concert, I've heard they give a great show and I don't mind going to see Pink I heard she has a lot of energy and stage presence when she performs.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

It's pretty funny how I've actually never been to a PBN or Asia show considering how many times they've been in this area. I've even got free tickets before, but turned them down because I had something else to do. I would much rather prefer watching them on DVDs than live anyway.

Yeah, live PBN and Asia is quite boring, but with DVD you could fast-forward the boring parts. The only reason why I went the tickets were free and the seats weren't too far off from stage. But yeah if I had to do it over again I will most likely not go.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Default Joey Yung Concert

I'm attending a Joey Yung concert at the Peppermill in Reno, Nevada on October 10th or 11th. Got VIP passes =)
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

Its pretty cool, I have never been to any Asia show and PBN but overall its funny and interesting.

How do you guys get free PBN and Asia tickets? They always cost a fortune in Houston!
    "What is meant to be will always be."

Dir en grey was awesome.
    My love and my agony.