Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond the Realm of Conscience 《宮心計》

Default Beyond the Realm of Conscience 《宮心計》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8842/b42b810ab6859222b0351d4vt8.jpg')

Information From 豪情天下: May Not Be Correct

Charmaine Sheh as Lau Sam Ho (Maid, but later will become the highest rank of Sheung Gongs--above the four Sheung Gongs)
    Tavia Yeung as Yiu Kam Ling (Maid, but later will become Concubine Lai/Lady Lai)
    Moses Chan as Li Yi (Emperor Li Shum)
    Kevin Cheng as Ko Hin Yeung (Professor Kei and later Imperial Guard to the Emperor)
    Susanna Kwan as Yuen Chui Wan (Sheung Gong/Controller of Jewellery)
    Michelly Yim as Chung Suet Ha (Sheung Gong/Controller of Wardrobe)
    Kara Hui as Wu So Yan (Sheung Gong/Controller of Furnishing)
    Mary Hon as Tam Yim Seung (Sheung Gong/Controller of Food and Beverage)
    Selena Li as Mang Bo Yin (Concubine Yin/Lady Yin, daughter of Mang Kim Fung)
    Ram Tseung as Bo Kut Cheung (Eunich, loves Chung Suet Ha, and he is the only one that knows Yuen Chui Wan's greatest secret)
    Lee Kwok Lun as Ma Yuen Jaan (Eunich Supervisor)
    Kwok Fung as Ma Kim Fung (General, Ma Bo Yin's father, and Yuen Chui Wan's old lover)
    Lau Dan as Lee Tak Yue (Prime Minister)
    Edwin Siu as Li 瀍 (Brother of Li Yi?)
    Susan Tse as Empress (Mother of Li Yi?)

Credits: http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/

From 2008 Sales presentation:

Translation credit to Akazukin@asianfanatics

Theme: Set in the Palace, illustrating the scheming heart of ladies. Main character Lau Sam Ho, relying on her “Three Good” spirit (Good Heart, Good Speech, Good Work), survived well the conflicts in the Palace.

Story:
    Sam Ho and Yi were actually a pair of good friends who treated each other as sisters in the Palace. As lowly maids, they received bad treatments. At that time, the Palace has four high-ranked officers, including Food and Beverages Controller, … Fashion Controller, and Jewellery Controller. In order to be promoted into a higher position, the four often fight underhand. The innocent Yi and Sam Ho became the scapegoat.

Regardless of how much suffering she has, Sam Ho persists on her Three Good spirit as a method of surviving. However, Yi who has suffered a lot decides otherwise. Once, during serving the Emperor, she surreptitiously seduced the Emperor and succeeded in becoming high-ranked Concubine. Sam Ho succeeded to gain the highest post of the female officers with her own talents and efforts. The two’s relationship starts to break. It turns out that both of them have feelings for the same Palace Guard at the same time. Yi wanted to punish the four officers, but Sam Ho disagreed and insisted on saving the four, Yi started to scheme against Sam Ho..
    Last edited by vinci90; 02-18-09 at 02:31 AM.

why is it have to be ancient? I'm not that interested in ancient series ...oh well

but since this is a grand production...hopefully it surprises me and turns out to be another War and Beauty maybe haha
    Last edited by triumph2004; 10-07-08 at 11:38 PM.

cast looks GREAT!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

yea the cast looks great! XD

tavia will look really beautiful in tang dynasty palace costumes X))..the production sounds promising and reminds me of 'war and beauty' too..can't wait!

wth? why is charmaine in this production? what a waste of a series already. her screentime will just diminish the value of this production and the time that could be used on filming real actresses who are capable of portraying their characters. i shiver at the thought of charmaine leading a series where the supporting actresses are better looking than her and are able to act better than her and actually fit the age description (which is practically every series she has ruined to date!). darn tvb and their favoritism of their stupid pets.

given how popular tavia is among the audience now and how tvb has a history of screwing with tavia, i wouldn't be surprised if this is tavia's consolation for neglecting her during their anniversary award this year (seriously, most improved??? wth is that? i understand best supporting but why not favorite character?). but i seriously doubt that they'll give tavia a juicy role. everything they do is for charmaine, so i expect them to give tavia a useless character to make her less likeable in the audience's eyes. darn charmaine...isn't she a ratings poison?
    Last edited by patricia n; 10-08-08 at 05:40 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    wth? why is charmaine in this production? what a waste of a series already. her screentime will just diminish the value of this production and the time that could be used on filming real actresses who are capable of portraying their characters. i shiver at the thought of charmaine leading a series where the supporting actresses are better looking than her and are able to act better than her and actually fit the age description (which is practically every series she has ruined to date!). darn tvb and their favoritism of their stupid pets.

given how popular tavia is among the audience now and how tvb has a history of screwing with tavia, i wouldn't be surprised if this is tavia's consolation for neglecting her during their anniversary award this year (seriously, most improved??? wth is that? i understand best supporting but why not favorite character?). but i seriously doubt that they'll give tavia a juicy role. everything they do is for charmaine, so i expect them to give tavia a useless character to make her less likeable in the audience's eyes. darn charmaine...isn't she a ratings poison?
    Oh wow I'm speechless... you actually believe an actor and actress can be a rating poison?
    I can see how people would say that without seriousness but the rest of your post seems like there's seriousness and a hate for Charmaine. LOL ridiculous.

Oh ahh icing on the cake - if Charmaine does accept this series, she will be playing the title character of the series haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Oh wow I'm speechless... you actually believe an actor and actress can be a rating poison?
    I can see how people would say that without seriousness but the rest of your post seems like there's seriousness and a hate for Charmaine. LOL ridiculous.

Oh ahh icing on the cake - if Charmaine does accept this series, she will be playing the title character of the series haha.

it's so obvious she will be playing the title character of the series, hence a waste of a grand production. you really don't need to bother arguing with me. you've already won by being a charmaine fan. i can't argue with her fans, for i will never be able to see what they think they see in charmaine. and nothing can leave me as speechless as watching charmaine attempt (is she really even trying?) to act.

as much as i like tavia, i'll pass this series. tvb will do anything to give the ever so arrogant and untalented charmaine the limelight because she is afterall their favorite pet. and to do this, the series must ignore all other actresses regardless of how solid their talent is. and can't tvb come up with their own idea for a series instead of taking a hit korean drama and remaking it? i wouldn't mind so much if the leads can actually portray their characters, but no way in no how is charmaine going to do the character justice. eww...
    Last edited by patricia n; 10-08-08 at 05:44 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

it's so obvious she will be playing the title character of the series, hence a waste of a grand production. you really don't need to bother arguing with me. you've already won by being a charmaine fan. i can't argue with her fans, for i will never be able to see what they think they see in charmaine. and nothing can leave me as speechless as watching charmaine attempt (is she really even trying?) to act.

as much as i like tavia, i'll pass this series. tvb will do anything to give the ever so arrogant and untalented charmaine the limelight because she is afterall their favorite pet. and to do this, the series must ignore all other actresses regardless of how solid their talent is. and can't tvb come up with their own idea for a series instead of taking a hit korean drama and remaking it? i wouldn't mind so much if the leads can actually portray their characters, but no way in no how is charmaine going to do the character justice. eww...
    It goes both way...I cant see anything you're describing either. For not wanting to argue, you gave quite a lengthy response haha. Charm may not be the greatest actress, but she's competent and occasionally very good.

How many Charmaine series have you seen anyway? Have you seen War and Beauty? Dance of Passion? Angels of Mission? Glittering Days? Probably not and that was why you made such accusations...in these series she co-lead and no actresses were "ignored"

Don't take what reporters say without putting some thoughts into it. So why is this a copycat of the korean hit? Because the news article say so? Hmm.

on tat same note have u seen FH2?

she ruined it cos she took up 80% of the screen time and she was quite stiff and out of place. she should stay away from these types of roles.

however, she was quite gud in country spirit, and the white flame. i must admit the only character i ever liked her in was the white flame. she acted well and fitted the character. return of the cuukoo(???) was gud too. the rest she was overshadowed. Strike at heart was just a horrible series altogether, so i won't put the blame on her.

if this new series is going to be on the same line as War and Beauty, then i hope she gets a meatier role then the one she got before, best character and actress in WAB was Sharon who should have won the award for it.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

I watched FH2 and I like her character as Madam Ma. Let's just say that her role in White Flame is not exactly the top of my fav list, even for a diehard fan like me.

If you don't like Charmaine, fine. No one is forcing you to watch the series. At least try to keep the hate... err 'dislike' comments decent.

i dont recall ever saying i hate or dislike her.

i said i liked her in some and disliked her character in others.

she ruined FH2 for me but made the white flame for me. understand the difference.

i don't appreciate being talked to in tat condescending tone.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    i dont recall ever saying i hate or dislike her.

i said i liked her in some and disliked her character in others.

she ruined FH2 for me but made the white flame for me. understand the difference.

i don't appreciate being talked to in tat condescending tone.
    I'm not just referring to you.

Since when I'm posting to you in condescending tone? You are a kid? If not why feel so?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    on tat same note have u seen FH2?

she ruined it cos she took up 80% of the screen time and she was quite stiff and out of place. she should stay away from these types of roles.

however, she was quite gud in country spirit, and the white flame. i must admit the only character i ever liked her in was the white flame. she acted well and fitted the character. return of the cuukoo(???) was gud too. the rest she was overshadowed. Strike at heart was just a horrible series altogether, so i won't put the blame on her.

if this new series is going to be on the same line as War and Beauty, then i hope she gets a meatier role then the one she got before, best character and actress in WAB was Sharon who should have won the award for it.
    Well obviously this is not about how many series Charmaine has been put in the limelight while other actresses were "ignored" - so it doesnt matter if you felt that way about FH2....but simply the person I was debating with said CHARMAINE ALWAYS gets all the limelight and thus her female co-stars are ignored...and I was proving that that wasnt the case thus my examples of WAB, AOM..etc. Why would I mention FH2? So yes I have seen it...but no it doesnt relate to what we are debating about.

I agree about Country Spirit, that was one of her outstanding performances as opposed to her being competent. I don't think she was overshadowed in "the rest" - she shines nicely in Drive of Life for example without "hogging" all the screentime as some people would put it.

I actually like her character A LOT in WAB, and her subtle performance fits well with her rather subtle, less loud and active character - I'm more bored of her characters like in the beginning of Point of No Return and second generation of Maiden's Vows.

Default lam sam ho

i don really care about the cast @ copycat of korean drama...the most important is tis drama's script good @ not & the cast can act oledi okay for me...anyway,thanks for the info here...by the way...i m waiting tis series airing...i hope don dissappointed us...
    Last edited by zAy89; 10-09-08 at 08:35 PM.

Sorry for those people who do like ancient series, but I love them still. No matter how bad the costumes are today, I still watch them.

Anyway, all I can say is that the Tang Dynasty is my favorite era! I hope its more historical, but nothing is revealed yet. However, I dislike all the main cast -- Moses, Kevin, and Charmaine.

I love the supporting cast -- Tavia, Selena, Susanna, and Michelle, though.

I can't wait for more information and the costume fitting. I hope its going to be good since its a grand production. TVB hasn't done a ancient grand production in a long time.

Add Information from HKDiscuss forum:

全力打探得知,今次唔会众星拱照佘诗曼,杨怡大奸角会重戏及好抢!
    以关菊英及米雪而家嘅声价,角色唔重要及少戏,佢地唔会做!
    陈豪会串晒阿佘、杨怡、李诗韵三个女角,而郑嘉颖只得同阿佘呢条感情线!
    好多艺员收到风,无线指定要搞大呢套剧,已有唔少人谂计想有份做!

Basically it mentions that in this series
    -it won't focus on Charmaine alone
    -Tavia will have a lot of screentime and is a scheming villain with lots of attention grabbing scenes
    -Moses will be involved in a relationship with Charmaine, Tavia, and Selena Li
    -Kevin will love Charmaine only
    -This will be TVBs grand production in 2009 with a huge budget so many artistes are fighting to take part in this series now
    -Susanna and Michelle will also have important roles

Quote Originally Posted by vinci90 View Post
    Add Information from HKDiscuss forum:

全力打探得知,今次唔会众星拱照佘诗曼,杨怡大奸角会重戏及好抢!
    以关菊英及米雪而家嘅声价,角色唔重要及少戏,佢地唔会做!
    陈豪会串晒阿佘、杨怡、李诗韵三个女角,而郑嘉颖只得同阿佘呢条感情线!
    好多艺员收到风,无线指定要搞大呢套剧,已有唔少人谂计想有份做!

Basically it mentions that in this series
    -it won't focus on Charmaine alone
    -Tavia will have a lot of screentime and is a scheming villain with lots of attention grabbing scenes
    -Moses will be involved in a relationship with Charmaine, Tavia, and Selena Li
    -Kevin will love Charmaine only
    -This will be TVBs grand production in 2009 with a huge budget so many artistes are fighting to take part in this series now
    -Susanna and Michelle will also have important roles
    It has been posted in the beginning.

It's about time for Tavia to be playing a villainess!
    Hopefully the casts stay put....more leads would be GREAT but don take anyone out =).

this grand production is going to be so huge that everyone wants to jump on board? and they have to choose charmaine who cannot act for her life to lead??? just great. of course tvb has to get a great supporting cast to help bring in ratings, esp with leads like charmaine. at least kevin is good looking and can somewhat act...but they couldn't pick better leads? man, what did charmaine do to get tvb to be so good to her when there are so many more talented and better looking actresses at tvb? obviously, whatever it is she's doing has nothing to do with her arrogant, conceited, and ditzy personality.

glad the screentime will be kept at a minimum. seeing how i can never finish any charmaine series regardless of how great her co star or supporting cast is, i'll save my money and the pain of having to watch her "act" by skipping this series.
    Last edited by patricia n; 10-14-08 at 02:25 AM.

this grand production is going to be so huge that everyone wants to jump on board? and they have to choose charmaine who cannot act for her life to lead??? just great. of course tvb has to get a great supporting cast to help bring in ratings, esp with leads like charmaine. at least kevin is good looking and can somewhat act...but they couldn't pick better leads? man, what did charmaine do to get tvb to be so good to her when there are so many more talented and better looking actresses at tvb? obviously, whatever it is she's doing has nothing to do with her arrogant, conceited, and ditzy personality.

glad the screentime will be kept at a minimum. seeing how i can never finish any charmaine series regardless of how great her co star or supporting cast is, i'll save my money and the pain of having to watch her "act" by skipping this series.
    u are missing out on treasure
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!