Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Wudi: Chinese Ugly Betty

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy View Post
    yup. and ends up marrying him.
    If that's what ends up happening in this series, then casting a pretty actress in the role will sure make the "miraculous transformation" a whole lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Leontief
    Great series! Anyone else finish? the ending leaves a lot left answered though
    It's not over. Season 2 is still filming and it's supposed to start airing later this month.

If I am not wrong Chinese Ugly Betty more like Mexican Ugly Betty ' La Fea Mas Bella' I remember I've read articles about it. Also I've heard they have contrat with Mexican TV company Televisia. Does anybody know how can I watch this version?

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy View Post
    i think in the original Comlumbian version (Betty La Fea), she gets a makeover and turns out really pretty and ends up with the guy she likes. Not sure about the other versions though.
    All versions are same. She ends up with her boss.

I've been watching the second season for some time now, and even though I can't understand chinese, there are scenes in which i can tell what's going on, since I watched the original version some years ago.

Right now though, i'm a bit lost.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Did Wu Di quit her job? Why? Why is her boss hitting on her? (If it's for the same reason he did in the original version, then i guess I know why)

Anyhow, if anyone has any questions about the colombian version, the mexican version, the spanish version or the russian version, I'll gladly answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    I've been watching the second season for some time now, and even though I can't understand chinese, there are scenes in which i can tell what's going on, since I watched the original version some years ago.

Right now though, i'm a bit lost.

Did Wu Di quit her job? Why? Why is her boss hitting on her? (If it's for the same reason he did in the original version, then i guess I know why)

Anyhow, if anyone has any questions about the colombian version, the mexican version, the spanish version or the russian version, I'll gladly answer them.
    her boss is hitting on her? why was that in the original version?

i havent been watching this series but i am quite interested in what happens. can someone keep in informed about this series? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    her boss is hitting on her? why was that in the original version?

i havent been watching this series but i am quite interested in what happens. can someone keep in informed about this series? thanks
    In the original version, Armando seduces Betty so as to make sure she won't betray him. He gives her a lot of power inside of the company, and trusts her completely, but his best friend Mario makes him doubt her, and together they device a plan so she won't stab them in the back, even though she would never do that. Of course, the plan backfires, and Armando falls in love with Betty, and she finds out about everything and turns on him, which ends up costing his presidency, his family, and his future marriage.

Thanks for the information Gareth!

Wow... actually the original story line is pretty cool... like the twist to the fairy tale ending- hmm... I wonder if this will happen in the Chinese version as well? If so, it might be worth watching on!

(Sorry I haven't seen the 2nd season at all, but if you want to give Goggle Translate a try, you can use that to translate the synopsis of Season 2 that they have posted on the Ugly Wudi's official website:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/f/v/chounwd/index.shtml

Assuming you also do not read Chinese, here's how the website displays the synopsis link:
    第二季分集:
    [1-5] [6-10] [11-15] [16-20] [21-25]
    [26-30] [31-35]

Where the 1-5 indicates the synopsis for episodes 1 through 5, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Thanks for the information Gareth!

Wow... actually the original story line is pretty cool... like the twist to the fairy tale ending- hmm... I wonder if this will happen in the Chinese version as well? If so, it might be worth watching on!

(Sorry I haven't seen the 2nd season at all, but if you want to give Goggle Translate a try, you can use that to translate the synopsis of Season 2 that they have posted on the Ugly Wudi's official website:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/f/v/chounwd/index.shtml

Assuming you also do not read Chinese, here's how the website displays the synopsis link:
    第二季分集:
    [1-5] [6-10] [11-15] [16-20] [21-25]
    [26-30] [31-35]

Where the 1-5 indicates the synopsis for episodes 1 through 5, etc.)
    ooh thanks for the episode guides! very informative. i actually do read chinese, although not very well

and thank you gareth! wow thats interesting...but someone said that the boss does end up with betty in the end right?

ooh thanks for the episode guides! very informative. i actually do read chinese, although not very well

and thank you gareth! wow thats interesting...but someone said that the boss does end up with betty in the end right?

Thanks for the links, Yangfeng!

And
    yes, they do end up together after several episodes in which she comes back with a makeover, and the strength to take over the company and lead it back to its right place. Armando tries to prove his love for her in many occasions, but she doesn't believe him; after all, their entire relationship was "a lie". Also, some hottie that she meets in Cartagena (where she was "reborn") falls in love with her, and comes to Bogotá to convince her to be with him, and to return to Cartagena together. To Betty it's a very tempting offer, since she finds her current situation very painful. Eventually she follows her heart and forgives Armando, marrying him in the end. In the show's sequel, they both are a very happy couple and have a lovely baby girl.

Thanks for the links, Yangfeng!

And
    yes, they do end up together after several episodes in which she comes back with a makeover, and the strength to take over the company and lead it back to its right place. Armando tries to prove his love for her in many occasions, but she doesn't believe him; after all, their entire relationship was "a lie". Also, some hottie that she meets in Cartagena (where she was "reborn") falls in love with her, and comes to Bogotá to convince her to be with him, and to return to Cartagena together. To Betty it's a very tempting offer, since she finds her current situation very painful. Eventually she follows her heart and forgives Armando, marrying him in the end. In the show's sequel, they both are a very happy couple and have a lovely baby girl.
    oh ok thanks for the spoiler

I haven't really followed this series either, due to pretty much a lack of ability to finish any drama (I like to read about them though) due to how time consuming they are, but I've been trying to catch episodes of season 2 for a particular reason.

So far, way too busy to actually sit down and watch any episode, but I wanted to know if this guy, Qi Ji appeared yet, or rather which episode he begins to appear so I can watch him.

How he looks in the drama:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2009-02-11/U3075P28T3D2371276F326DT20090211144249.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://attach.hunantv.com/uploads/images/large/20090211/111011201I2_small.jpg')

How he looked in 暴雨梨花

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://attach.hunantv.com/uploads/images/large/20090211/11101042Q24_small.jpg')

He's a very, very good-looking graduate of the Beijing Film Academy (same year as Jia Nailiang and Eva Huang Shengyi), and he's not really had a break.

He was in Not all Women are Bad in a smaller role, where he's the boyfriend of Kitty Zhang Yuqi's character's friend, but ends up liking Kitty's character instead.

Anyone seen him in Ugly Wudi season 2 yet? He's supposed to appear.
    Last edited by aznjacinda; 02-21-09 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aznjacinda View Post
    So far, way too busy to actually sit down and watch any episode, but I wanted to know if this guy, Qi Ji appeared yet, or rather which episode he begins to appear so I can watch him.
    Try episode 20.

Quote Originally Posted by aznjacinda View Post

He just showed up towards the end of episode 40, I think.

Can someone here who can read chinese tell me what this is about?

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2009-02-22/17482385567.shtml

The translator says something about changing the actor who plays Fei De Nan... hopefully it isn't true

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaby View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/3099807940_0407cfef32.jpg?v=0')
    why is there a CW sign at the bottom of the second pic?
    That's from the America's Next Top Model episode where they went to China and had to dress as the four great beauties of Chinese history: Xi Shi, Wang ZhaoJun, Diaochan, Yang Guifei. That is the picture of the Diaochan impersonation. Watch at 5 minutes in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VZ8...eature=related
    Last edited by MysticDust; 02-23-09 at 02:43 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Default Denan And On

Can someone here who can read chinese tell me what this is about?

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2009-02-22/17482385567.shtml

The translator says something about changing the actor who plays Fei De Nan... hopefully it isn't true
    They're going to run some sort of casting competition, with the prize being a role as a major new male character in Season 3 who'll contest with Fei Denan for Wudi's affections.

It's a crass PR stunt, but the good news is that it doesn't look like they're planning to get rid of Liu Xiaohu (who plays Denan, and very well too). In fact, on Hunan TV's website, Liu even gives a bit of advice to anyone aspiring to be his future "rival"!

Am impatiently waiting for my Season 2 DVD to arrive in the post...

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx View Post
    They're going to run some sort of casting competition, with the prize being a role as a major new male character in Season 3 who'll contest with Fei Denan for Wudi's affections.

It's a crass PR stunt, but the good news is that it doesn't look like they're planning to get rid of Liu Xiaohu (who plays Denan, and very well too). In fact, on Hunan TV's website, Liu even gives a bit of advice to anyone aspiring to be his future "rival"!

Am impatiently waiting for my Season 2 DVD to arrive in the post...
    Thank god. I think i was depressed for like an hour XD I really like Liu Xiaoyu (Along with Armando and Fernando, he has become one of my favorite bosses in all of the versions)

So, in this article, is the guy in the picture a candidate?

http://ent.hunantv.com/t/20090222/209518.html

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    That's from the America's Next Top Model episode where they went to China and had to dress as the four great beauties of Chinese history: Xi Shi, Wang ZhaoJun, Diaochan, Yang Guifei. That is the picture of the Diaochan impersonation. Watch at 5 minutes in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VZ8...eature=related
    oh ok thanks for clearing that up! it confused me.
    Thank god. I think i was depressed for like an hour XD I really like Liu Xiaoyu (Along with Armando and Fernando, he has become one of my favorite bosses in all of the versions)

So, in this article, is the guy in the picture a candidate?

http://ent.hunantv.com/t/20090222/209518.html
    yeah i really like the guy that plays fei de nan too! he's cute
    and yeah in the article its saying how the guy is like, tall, ripped, etc and is a prime candidate for being de nan's "love rival".

I just watched episode 46, and I was wondering...

Is Fei Denan's girlfriend sick?How serious is it?

Thanks to everyone for the replies...I checked episode 20 and he wasn't in there...haven't had time to check the latter episodes.

Does anyone know if he'll be in latter episodes?