Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    So im guessing they're going to film the scenes in the middle of the novel first- ZCS and YSS committing suicide, ZWJ taking on the orthodox sects to protect Ming Cult, ZM creating trouble at Wudang sect etc.
    Ohhh.... fingers crossed its true, that's one of my favorite bits of HSDS, and want to start to see pictures and clips from there!

Anyway, my worse fears have come true: Yu Min (director for ROCH and DOMD) is directing HSDS. I seriously hope he does not destroy this series with his "artistic visions" again.
    So, not being very familiar with his work I'm wondering what about his 'artistic visions' you're worried about? (So I can worry too! )

Both of those works were not the best coming from ZJZ. ROCH was too romanticised and DODM's WXB too forced. ZJZ's last best work was BXJ by another director.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Ohhh.... fingers crossed its true, that's one of my favorite bits of HSDS, and want to start to see pictures and clips from there!

So, not being very familiar with his work I'm wondering what about his 'artistic visions' you're worried about? (So I can worry too! )

Yu Min has a tendency to focus too much on one aspect of the novel (and plant lots of weird ideas into it) while neglecting the others. Like what Surferket mentioned, he focused too much, in fact, i would say solely on YG+XLN's romance in ROCH; wasted alot of screentime shooting XLN staring into space; trying to portray her inner thoughts artistically which i didnt get btw- i still cant get over the repeated scene of XLN floating on water and smiling happily at the camera. I just didnt like the neglecting of supporting characters and subplots and turning the whole series into a lovey-dovey romantic series (rather thn a wuxia series) with a dreamy fairytale air. Plus, the editing and music was horrible.

DOMD wasnt that bad imo. But i never liked the story/characters and hence wasnt that attracted to it. Plus it lacked the wuxia feel once again.There's just smtg lacking in Yu Min's series which the other ZJZ-produced ones had. Or should i say, theres just always "too much" stuff going on in YM's series- the final product seems to always come across as an over-decorated christmas tree.

I never was a fan of BXJ's story but it was very well shot and directed; simple portrayals of plot and characters and nice martial arts though my favorites are still LOCH and XAJH. Dunno why these 2 JY series are the least well-received out of all of ZJZ's JY adaptations. Perhaps, most of the teenage audience found them too "serious" and not "idolish" enough.

I dont hope for anything as good as LOCH or XAJH but still, I hope HSDS will be filmed in an "honest" way. Nothing too fanciful and over-the-top (im sick of all those) but not too simple to the point of it being bland and boring. I hope the fighting's plain old good stuff without fanicful CGIs but someone (cant remember whether its ZJZ or YM) mentioned something about different and better fighting styles for expectations from the audience is increasing

Nonetheless, I hope ZJZ will deliver something good and worthwhile remembering for this is supposedly his last JY series afterall and Im sure he wouldnt want it to be something trashy.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 10-06-08 at 06:21 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Yea and ZJZ mentioned that he will be using new sound effects for HSDS. Unlike the repeated ones he used for DGSD, ROCH etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Yea and ZJZ mentioned that he will be using new sound effects for HSDS. Unlike the repeated ones he used for DGSD, ROCH etc.
    Thats something good. I was getting sick of hearing the same backgrd themes re-used for ROCH, TLBB, BXJ etc.

Hopefully the music will be as nice as LOCH's. LOCH had the nicest music among all the series imo.

Wise Fool

Thats something good. I was getting sick of hearing the same backgrd themes re-used for ROCH, TLBB, BXJ etc.

Hopefully the music will be as nice as LOCH's. LOCH had the nicest music among all the series imo.
    Yea and his excuse was budget limitations, so he had to re-use sound effects... again... and again... and again...

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Yea and his excuse was budget limitations, so he had to re-use sound effects... again... and again... and again...
    Well, he has no excuse this time round for Hua Yi Brothers is allocating a huge budget for the filming of this series.

Wise Fool

I think XAJH has the best music. But LOCH is a close second. I'd be happy to see something more like XAJH in style. It also doesn't have quite as much wire work or CGI in the fight scenes as ROCH and I think I prefer that.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

what? XAJH's music bored me to death. part of the reason why i stopped watching halfway.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    what? XAJH's music bored me to death. part of the reason why i stopped watching halfway.
    I love it. I've been listening to the soundtrack cd for days.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I'd like for them to use Kuo Chi for martial arts choreography. Blend the old with the new. . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    I think XAJH has the best music. But LOCH is a close second. I'd be happy to see something more like XAJH in style. It also doesn't have quite as much wire work or CGI in the fight scenes as ROCH and I think I prefer that.
    i agreed with u XAJH and LOCH have the best soundtrack

i Like All.... XAJH, LOCH, ROCH, DOMD soundtracks...
    in Love With :
    Ady An, Han Xue, Li Bing Bing, Zhang Ting, Yang Mi
    Currently Watching "Chinese Paladin 3"

Quote Originally Posted by forU4nd1 View Post
    i Like All.... XAJH, LOCH, ROCH, DOMD soundtracks...

Yup... because they're all the same... nah.. the sound effects are the same though.

I heard that Ken Chang will play Zhanf Cui San role, he played in The New Advanture of Lu Xiao Feng 2007 as Hua Man Lou. So I'm glad if it's true, I'm so disappointed about the main cast especially Deng Chao as ZWJ, and Ady maybe suitable with ZZR or XZ than ZM.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6092/b3f587ef90b5d73f2cf5340ai8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/123/26583328sf7.png')

So, Deng Chao as ZWJ is confirmed?

EDIT:
    Never mind... checked around and apparently its confirmed^^;;

So these are confirmed huh?
    Deng Chao as Zhang Wuji (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Deng_Chao)
    Ady An as Zhao Min (awesome!)
    He Zhuo Yan as Xiao Zhao (cute!)
    Yvonne Yung as Yin Susu (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yvonne_Yung ; she's 40 years old^^;; )

I really dont like Deng Chao's looks on the Wiki photo. Pls tell me he looks alot more charming in ancient clothes^^;;;
    Last edited by loislane; 10-07-08 at 08:06 AM.

Talking

Geez, first DC is already hella ugly, now this dude? Can't they find any other cuter actors? . I'm fine w/ the actresses, but oh well, at least the casts are keep coming.

At least DC looks sincere...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hiphotos.baidu.com/butterfly157/pic/item/c9f0beefca98daf7cf1b3e3c.jpg')

No pics of Deng Chao in ancient costume?

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    No pics of Deng Chao in ancient costume?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.mdbchina.com/upload/images/ent/2006/09/08/090605_798235_234.jpg')

He's that dark because he's meant to be Bao Qingtian. He's not THAT dark in real life.