Thread: Stocks

Default Stocks

are there any high ballers here that use a margin account?? lol just wondering

also discuss anything about stocks here
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

The real ballers leave all that money grubbing schemes to their hedge fund managers.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Quote Originally Posted by levendis d'orange View Post
    The real ballers leave all that money grubbing schemes to their hedge fund managers.
    The real ballers are the hedge fund managers.

Fixed.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

the hedge fund managers are force to sell their stocks underpriced right now

But seriously, it seems that hedge funds are selling off assets like the apocalypse is coming. It has been hypothesized that some of the volatility we've been seeing in the stock market was because of hedge funds. The problem is that there's no way of knowing what they hold or anything like that, since they're so secretive. Most of them aren't nearly as liquid as regular mutual funds are- they have specific times you can do redemptions without fees, and/ or lock in investors for a certain period until they can cash out. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of investors are paying exorbitant fees to get out of their hedge funds. Lol, even rich people aren't immune to doing stupid things with their money.

All indications point to that hedge funds are selling to meet redemptions, mainly from high net worth individuals who are withdrawing from hedge funds, rather than institutional investors. Not only are hedge funds selling assets now, but quite a few of them will close their doors if the proposed regulatory changes take place. Restrictions on short selling and leverage will render many of their strategies unprofitable in the future.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Quote Originally Posted by levendis d'orange View Post
    But seriously, it seems that hedge funds are selling off assets like the apocalypse is coming. It has been hypothesized that some of the volatility we've been seeing in the stock market was because of hedge funds. The problem is that there's no way of knowing what they hold or anything like that, since they're so secretive. Most of them aren't nearly as liquid as regular mutual funds are- they have specific times you can do redemptions without fees, and/ or lock in investors for a certain period until they can cash out. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of investors are paying exorbitant fees to get out of their hedge funds. Lol, even rich people aren't immune to doing stupid things with their money.

All indications point to that hedge funds are selling to meet redemptions, mainly from high net worth individuals who are withdrawing from hedge funds, rather than institutional investors. Not only are hedge funds selling assets now, but quite a few of them will close their doors if the proposed regulatory changes take place. Restrictions on short selling and leverage will render many of their strategies unprofitable in the future.
    pretty much what i believe right now and only reason why stocks are dropping and underpriced right now. imo if u want to go long, buy now

Yeah I agree. If you have extra money you can afford to gamble with and you can tie up your money for like a year, buy some undervalued stocks. Most people are selling now, so do the opposite.

Of course, it goes without saying, don't risk anything you need or may need soon.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner