Thread: When did you first suspect something was "wrong" with Yip Goo Sing?

Default When did you first suspect something was "wrong" with Yip Goo Sing?

When Yip Goo Sing first appears in the second of the LUK SIU FUNG novels (THE EMBROIDERY BANDIT), there's little indication of his sinister intents and fate. He was a heroic and noble swordsman - almost like a slightly upgraded version of Sai Mun Chui Sheut. When Yip finally showed his true colors at the end of THE DUEL, it was likely a shock for many readers.

Were there any hints or clues that something wasn't quite right about Yip Goo Sing, however? At what point did you figure that he was not quite what he seemed?

I also wonder if there are members who knew that Ye Gu Cheng was the villain before Lu Xiao Feng did. Personally, I saw the spoilers before reading the story so I already knew.

But if I remember correctly, Lu Xiao Feng only knew at the last moment. Ximen ChuXue flew away after calling off the duel because he could not fight such a grieviously injured man as Ye Gu Cheng supposedly was.

Afterwards, a member of the Tang clan attacked the Ye Gu Cheng impersonator for allegedly killing one of his clansmen, the impersonator flew away very swiftly, thus disproving the story of Ye Gu Cheng being fatally ill and unable to fight.

For Lu Xiao Feng, that was when he knew for sure that Ye was the culprit. However, Lu admitted that he originally did not probe further on Ye's guilt because he viewed Ye as a friend.

Gu Long always leaves a ton of clues so I'm sure there are fans out there who knew of all the intricacies of the conspiracy before Lu Xiao Feng unveiled it.
    Good site to find movies:
    http://www.rivercay.org

Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
    Gu Long always leaves a ton of clues so I'm sure there are fans out there who knew of all the intricacies of the conspiracy before Lu Xiao Feng unveiled it.

I had no clue until LXF exposed it.

Why?

BECAUSE GU LONG BLOODY LIED!!

By lying from the narrators viewpoint on Ye's poison injury, he totally threw readers off the track.

That was actually VERY BAD WRITING. Using the narrator to write and ret-conning events within the same book.

To use an analogy, it is as if Duan Yu suddenly admitted that he was the one who killed Qiao Feng's foster parents and Xu Zhu was the one who poisoned Ah Zhu to death and all the happenings in the earlier 49 chapters were all fake events caused by DY and XZ. WTF?!?!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    To use an analogy, it is as if Duan Yu suddenly admitted that he was the one who killed Qiao Feng's foster parents and Xu Zhu was the one who poisoned Ah Zhu to death and all the happenings in the earlier 49 chapters were all fake events caused by DY and XZ. WTF?!?!
    But it is effective in MSRDSARC: Making Sure Reader Doesn't Suspect Any Relevant Clue.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

It was a little bit like Luke Skywalker finding out in RETURN OF THE JEDI that Princess Leia was his sister after they had lip-locked in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.

Except not as gross.

i didn't like the lxf series. too many twists. I didn't think some of them even made sense.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner