Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting older is getting Weaker or Stronger

Default Getting older is getting Weaker or Stronger

As PJ mentioned in other topic, we have a bunch of old guys who don't seem to die, yet they still get better by age. Examples of such guys are ZSF, ZBT, HYS, YD etc. It seems that as they get older, they refine their internal and external martial arts into fullest extent and demonstrate the true mastery of their specific arts. But several times JY has mentioned that when one is really old its hard to him/her to keep fighting for long time, since his/her stamina has deteriorated by age.

So which is better self of the two, one with great refined martial arts and less stamina or one with less refined martial arts and abundant stamina?

What age should be better for one to claim that he/she is in his prime?
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 10-22-08 at 12:13 PM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

I think 90 years old HYS can defeat 55 years old HYS because of the huge internal energy difference. The lower stamina of old age only comes into play when 2 fighters with equal inner power square off, such as Yang Guo vs ZBT.
    Good site to find movies:
    http://www.rivercay.org

The easy (and, perhaps, more complete) answer is... both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
    I think 90 years old HYS can defeat 55 years old HYS because of the huge internal energy difference. The lower stamina of old age only comes into play when 2 fighters with equal inner power square off, such as Yang Guo vs ZBT.
    That is the different between Chinese martial arts and Muay Thai. Chinese martial art practitioners getting better bit by bit everyday till the very old age. On the other hand, I remember someone mentioned that at the age of 30, it's considered ancient for muay thai martial artists. They usually peak during their early 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    That is the different between Chinese martial arts and Muay Thai. Chinese martial art practitioners getting better bit by bit everyday till the very old age. On the other hand, I remember someone mentioned that at the age of 30, it's considered ancient for muay thai martial artists. They usually peak during their early 20s.
    Yea but I dun think theres much muay thai, if any in JY or GL's novels or wuxia in general.

Which, if you actually know a thing about human biology and physiology, is simply not true.

There is no 70 year old guy out there that could beat a peak 25 year old fighter in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Which, if you actually know a thing about human biology and physiology, is simply not true.

There is no 70 year old guy out there that could beat a peak 25 year old fighter in the real world.
    This forum is called "Wuxia Fiction".
    Since Muay Thai is not part of wuxia martial art, so I use the real Muay Thai martial art against wuxia martial arts. Wuxia martial arts win hand down Cheung Sam Fung at the age of 100 can beat 10 elite Muay Thai fighters within few minutes

Zhang Sanfeng at 100 can also jump over 10 Muay Thai experts standing on each other's shoulders.

Fiction defeats reality, who would have thought.

Edit: Sagat would beat any real Chinese martial artist btw
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
    Fiction defeats reality, who would have thought.

Edit: Sagat would beat any real Chinese martial artist btw
    But can he beat the REAL MAN Z3F?

Zhang Sanfeng would beat Sagat.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

No one can beat Z3F sry. Unless Z3F wants to lose.

^ Not totally true. It should be 'No one can win over Zhang Sanfeng, unless he is injured before the fight or he wants to lose.'
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

^ time can beat him
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Remember, guys: when all conversation on comparisons of martial arts, which has been the lifeblood of this forum since it first went online, totally goes bone dry...the seed of destruction was planted here.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    ^ Not totally true. It should be 'No one can win over Zhang Sanfeng, unless he is injured before the fight or he wants to lose.'
    That still meant that Z3F WANTED to get injured, then did not WANT to recover, and remember he did not actually fight. He theoretically can WANT to live on a single thread and still beat the hell out of everyone.

Of course Zsf didnt want to be injured but at that very moment when the fake monk attacked him he also DIDNT WANT TO NOT BE INJURED. Thats why he was injured! After Zhang was injured his power dropped below the 'anything he wants' level so he couldnt recover instantly from the injuries even though he really wanted to cure himself.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    Of course Zsf didnt want to be injured but at that very moment when the fake monk attacked him he also DIDNT WANT TO NOT BE INJURED. Thats why he was injured! After Zhang was injured his power dropped below the 'anything he wants' level so he couldnt recover instantly from the injuries even though he really wanted to cure himself.
    But the moment when he was attacked, he was still at "anything I want" mode, thus he must've WANTED the damage to be caused. Because he can choose what he wants, but not what he DON'T WANT.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

hahaha, muay thai doesn't develop internal energy or something like that. It's an external MA. The main objective is to break someone skull using elbow and knee .

It is a very rough sport. You should go to Thailand and learn it there and see if you can survive hehehe, I mean the traditional muay thai training. The practice is done by hitting each other leg/rib-cage repeatedly or hitting a tree if you train alone, so it's understandable that the body condition will become harden but will deteriorated after reaching its peak as oppose to internal MA, where mostly one are in the sitting position training the internal energy probably on an ice-bed in some obscure cave somewhere or sleeping on rope .

Real world martial arts have a huge disadvantage: they MUST conform to the natural physical laws of the real universe.

Wuxia martial arts...not so much.