Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Default Halloween

Halloween's almost here again. I know some of you probably don't care since you're probably past the age, and there are others who simply don't observe it. But for those who do, what do you usually do? Just sit at home, watch some Halloween movies on tv while giving out candy? Or do you go to sleep early, shut off your lights, and hope those little runts don't bother you? Anyone attend more grown-up Halloween parties?

There hasn't been a year ever since I came to America that I did not go trick-or-treating. =D I'm planning to go again this year since it's on a Friday and I can afford myself to have some fun with the rest of the kids, but I don't have a costume yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Halloween's almost here again. I know some of you probably don't care since you're probably past the age, and there are others who simply don't observe it. But for those who do, what do you usually do? Just sit at home, watch some Halloween movies on tv while giving out candy? Or do you go to sleep early, shut off your lights, and hope those little runts don't bother you? Anyone attend more grown-up Halloween parties?

There hasn't been a year ever since I came to America that I did not go trick-or-treating. =D I'm planning to go again this year since it's on a Friday and I can afford myself to have some fun with the rest of the kids, but I don't have a costume yet.
    I usually dress up, though I didn't have time when I started university to have anything good.
    But since last year, I began making good costumes myself and dressing up. I went as Gogo from Kill Bill last year, and plan to be a Butterfly Goddess this year.
    I'm a bit too old for trick or treating, but I usually stock up on candy.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

You mean you guys go trick or treating with KIDS right? Or else you must look really small lol...

I usually give out candy or have midterms, but this year, going to a party.

Bunny claims to be a one year old...well, i guess she can pass for trick or treating, esp with a mask on

me? i usually study on halloween (yes, i've been THAT UNLUCKY) and I think i'll be stuck with it again this year
    i want to go trick-o-treating, too!
    Last edited by S Beaver; 10-26-08 at 01:32 AM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    You mean you guys go trick or treating with KIDS right? Or else you must look really small lol...

You don't have to go with kids unless you have kids.
    I'm probably going to ask the security guard at my building for the candy that the residents donated, since I doubt many kids are going to go trick or treating inside a building.

I like Halloween, because it really lets you to be creative in designing and making costumes.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post

Yes, I do go with kids. I went with other kids when I was a kid, and now that I'm not a kid anymore, I still go with my baby cousins. It's a tradition we've never broken...they always come over to my house to eat and hang out, then we go trick-or-treating, then we come back and do our annual "candy-sorting." It's fun. =)

I dunno....it makes sense to go with kids, but if you just go yourself and you're over like 14 years old, usually people say not very nice things to you.

My friend was kind of tall when she was 11 and people would say things like "Wow these kids are getting bigger and bigger every year!"

Personally, I think I stopped after Gr. 8.

Halloween is all in good fun, so if adults want to go trick or treating, it's fine. I just buy candy myself, since I'm more worried about safety issues of going door to door, and also, you never know if people are going to give you good stuff.

Halloween for me now is more just about making a good costume.
    My love and my agony.

Meh each to their own. I wouldn't wanna give adults candy to be honest. Even teenagers, it's just irritating. Like Halloween was meant to be for little kids.

Whenever teenagers come, I usually give like 1-2 pieces at most but if it's a cute little kid, I put in so much candy lol.

I'm going trick or treating this Halloween. I almost couldn't because I had soccer practice but it was canceled!

Anyway I'm being Ren Ying Ying this year and my older sister is being Li Mo Chou. I mad both of the costumes so they aren't very good but no one will no who we're supposed to be anyway.

My dad says that I'm too old to be trick or treating. I still like it and I'm only 12. So is that too old? What age is too old to go trick or treating?
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Whoever said that Halloween is only meant for kids? o_O

I see adults trick-or-treating all the time. Strange misconception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick-or-treating

FOR CHILDREN....

(yes before anyone complains, of course wikipedia is not a valid source).

Sure, people can do whatever they WANT to. People can knock themselves out asking for candy, but I know for sure lots of people will have issues with buying candy to give to adults. It's just weird *rolls eyes*.

I don't know what kind of neighbourhoods you guys live in...but I see CHILDREN trick or treating most of the time where I live.

I live in weird America. Perhaps that can explain part of it. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    I'm going trick or treating this Halloween. I almost couldn't because I had soccer practice but it was canceled!

Anyway I'm being Ren Ying Ying this year and my older sister is being Li Mo Chou. I mad both of the costumes so they aren't very good but no one will no who we're supposed to be anyway.

My dad says that I'm too old to be trick or treating. I still like it and I'm only 12. So is that too old? What age is too old to go trick or treating?
    i'm surprised you didn't choose to be guo xiang
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Those sound like really cool costumes!

To be honest, for me at lest, Halloween is just about having fun, so as long as you want to go trick or treating, and it's safe, then go! 12 isn't that old I don't think. I'm 22, and I'll probably be asking people for candy (though that's people at work haha).

I love giving out candy, no matter how old they are. If they're old, then at least it shows that they still have an inner child, which is soemthing I really admire. This is one of the few occasions of the year where you can go out and act silly and childish and have fun, so do it!
    My love and my agony.

wow lol

im forced to go trick or treating w/ my little sister this year shes going to be hannah montana or something and im going to be me, standing on the streets
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    I live in weird America. Perhaps that can explain part of it. =D
    Heh, it might...it just might.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    wow lol

im forced to go trick or treating w/ my little sister this year shes going to be hannah montana or something and im going to be me, standing on the streets
    Haha don't sound so excited about it =P She's not little forever you know....think of it as sibling bonding time...unless she turns into one of those adult trick-or-treaters who has an "inner child" in her.

I don't think that my sister thinks of going trick or treating with me is that bad because she's only 1 year and 13 days older than me and she can't complain too much because I made her costume. I'm going trick or treating with my friend, my sister and my parents.
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    i'm surprised you didn't choose to be guo xiang
    Maybe next year I'll be her. I wasn't sure what I should wear as Guo Xiang.
    -Doctor Who

before, i'd go trick or treating.. didn't stopped til senior year of high school haha!
    last year, i did nothing.
    this year, i'm going to a birthday/costume party & i can't waitttt
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.