Thread: Which season of supernatural do you think is the best so far?

Talking Which season of supernatural do you think is the best so far?

I'm a big fan of supernatural...starred by Jensen Ackles (Dean) and Jared Padalecki (Sam). I've watch until season 3 and I think that te best season so far is season 3.

Lots of fights, conflicts between the two brothers, since Dean don't have much time left to live....then more demons. It's the best season!!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by eislay View Post
    I'm a big fan of supernatural...starred by Jensen Ackles (Dean) and Jared Padalecki (Sam). I've watch until season 3 and I think that te best season so far is season 3.

Lots of fights, conflicts between the two brothers, since Dean don't have much time left to live....then more demons. It's the best season!!
    Season 4 already start a month ago with 6 episodes out already.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Dean return from Hell, yanked out by an angel (Castiel) as commanded by God. Yeh seriously. The actual purpose of Yellow Eyes Demon is actually to release Lucifer or something like it.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 10-27-08 at 05:37 PM.

in terms of "supernatural" story, 1st season is still the best. But for the whole mystery about Sam's destiny and after Dean's back from hell, season 4 so far look soooooo promising. With all the secrets being revealed one by one.

I think i'm gonna like 4th season, because up till eps 6, the series is getting better n better

This is my favorite American series, which i avidly follow on a weekly basis. I remember when i first saw an ad for it in my magazine before the series even premiered and just catching Jensen Ackles in the ad did it for me. I first knew of Jensen when he was on Days of Our Lives, a daytime soap opera. He played Sammy's twin. LOL. I knew Jensen was in a couple of episodes of Smallville at the time but i didn't expect him to be in his own series. I watched the pilot episode of Supernatural by myself and i remember i was freaked out by it. Anyway, i'm not sure which season is my favorite but i totally love this series. I like Dean and Sam's funny remarks to each other. They're so amusing...especially Dean. Hehe. I also like how it goes right into the show without any of the typical opening credits. When it used to be on the WB in the States, i was a bit nervous that it wouldn't end up doing well viewers' ratings wise and end up getting cancelled. I'm glad there's a pretty good following for this series. Even though this is my favorite series, i can only watch the episodes once and not buy the different seasons on dvd because of how scary some of the episodes can be. I'm still quite perturbed by that "Metamorphosis" episode from season 4. The tension rising up to the point where that guy started to mutate and take his first bite of human flesh was just too much for me. LOL.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    I'm still quite perturbed by that "Metamorphosis" episode from season 4. The tension rising up to the point where that guy started to mutate and take his first bite of human flesh was just too much for me. LOL.
    Yeah, that one was hardcore and pretty disturbing. Have you watch the Halloween episode, that is a badass episode when Sam fight it off with the powerful Samhain, the demon of Halloween.

And then there is those blade in candy scene, ugghh, gross.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Yeah, that one was hardcore and pretty disturbing. Have you watch the Halloween episode, that is a badass episode when Sam fight it off with the powerful Samhain, the demon of Halloween.

LOL, yeah, a bit too hardcore. The anticipation was just killing me. When i saw the preview for the Metamorphosis the week before, i thought i saw that guy looking pretty gross but i guess you never really see him get to that point in the actual episode. So the whole time i'm waiting for him to turn really nasty-looking and the wait just made me get all antsy and nervous. Hehe.

Oh yeah, i definitely watched the Halloween episode last week with Samhain. I always try to watch every week right when it comes on at 9PM on Thursdays on the CW unless i have to work the evening shift or something. I was pretty excited 'cause it's the Halloween episode even though each day is Halloween for them. Anyway, the opening with the razor blades was pretty freaky. I mean, i was wondering why they kept showing that guy's mouth from that angle...you know, from within his mouth. Right when that kept happening and you see blood, i just could barely watch it 'cause you know he's gonna die but you just don't know how yet. Hehe.

You know, i was thinking how Sam had to use his exorcise-the-demon-with-his-psychic-powers thing. The other angel scolded him for using his powers to kill the thing but i mean, Sam did try to kill it with the knife that can kill demons but Samhain just totally flung it away from him and the thing is just really strong. So i thought he was right to use his power or else he probably would've died. Though i fear for Sam since i'm sure there will be big consequences from using his powers too much since they're from his Azazel demon blood. Not to mention that nosebleed from using his powers didn't look too good either. And you can see that this is another prevent-one-of-the-seals-from-breaking episode so it's definitely advancing and you just kinda wonder what might happen to Sam.

What i found amusing is how i recognized the girl who played the witch in the Halloween episode. Goodness, i forgot her character name already. Anyway, i eventually realized midway through that she used to play Abby Devereaux, Jack and Jennifer's daughter, on Days of Our Lives. LOL. I found it funny to see another ex-Days of Our Lives person just like Jensen Ackles.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to that Wishville episode next week. I like how the preview makes it look like it's a town you'd supposedly want to visit.
    I <3 MatsuJun

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

LOL, yeah, a bit too hardcore. The anticipation was just killing me. When i saw the preview for the Metamorphosis the week before, i thought i saw that guy looking pretty gross but i guess you never really see him get to that point in the actual episode. So the whole time i'm waiting for him to turn really nasty-looking and the wait just made me get all antsy and nervous. Hehe.

Oh yeah, i definitely watched the Halloween episode last week with Samhain. I always try to watch every week right when it comes on at 9PM on Thursdays on the CW unless i have to work the evening shift or something. I was pretty excited 'cause it's the Halloween episode even though each day is Halloween for them. Anyway, the opening with the razor blades was pretty freaky. I mean, i was wondering why they kept showing that guy's mouth from that angle...you know, from within his mouth. Right when that kept happening and you see blood, i just could barely watch it 'cause you know he's gonna die but you just don't know how yet. Hehe.

You know, i was thinking how Sam had to use his exorcise-the-demon-with-his-psychic-powers thing. The other angel scolded him for using his powers to kill the thing but i mean, Sam did try to kill it with the knife that can kill demons but Samhain just totally flung it away from him and the thing is just really strong. So i thought he was right to use his power or else he probably would've died. Though i fear for Sam since i'm sure there will be big consequences from using his powers too much since they're from his Azazel demon blood. Not to mention that nosebleed from using his powers didn't look too good either. And you can see that this is another prevent-one-of-the-seals-from-breaking episode so it's definitely advancing and you just kinda wonder what might happen to Sam.

What i found amusing is how i recognized the girl who played the witch in the Halloween episode. Goodness, i forgot her character name already. Anyway, i eventually realized midway through that she used to play Abby Devereaux, Jack and Jennifer's daughter, on Days of Our Lives. LOL. I found it funny to see another ex-Days of Our Lives person just like Jensen Ackles.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to that Wishville episode next week. I like how the preview makes it look like it's a town you'd supposedly want to visit.
    Wow, you like to write for sure hehe . The nosebleed I think because he push himself too much. Well it's understandable, because Samhain is a very old and powerful demon. But for successfully killing a powerful demon like Samhain it's something. I'm sure Sam will have a big part in releasing Lucifer in the season finale. Then we get to watch how to defeat Lucifer (Hell On Earth) next season .

So anymore Us tv series that you watch. I watch the following every week:

Life
    Chuck
    The Big Bang Theory
    Sarah Connor Chronicle
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Mentalist
    Dexter
    Eli Stone
    Samantha Who
    True Blood

beanybeans,
    lol seems like we bumped again in the same thread

I luvss SPN!! And i'm in the middle of re-watching (for the xxx times now) season 1. I remembered the 'moments' when we all have to wait the news about whether there'll be a 2nd season, then 3rd season. Only for 4th season came smoothly without no worry

I usually rants every eps in my LJ tho

Wow, you like to write for sure hehe . The nosebleed I think because he push himself too much. Well it's understandable, because Samhain is a very old and powerful demon. But for successfully killing a powerful demon like Samhain it's something. I'm sure Sam will have a big part in releasing Lucifer in the season finale. Then we get to watch how to defeat Lucifer (Hell On Earth) next season .

Life
    Chuck
    The Big Bang Theory
    Sarah Connor Chronicle
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Mentalist
    Dexter
    Eli Stone
    Samantha Who
    True Blood
    LOL. Yeah, i can really babble sometimes. True that killing Samhain with his powers can definitely do a number on him and cause Sam to bleed out like that but i also saw it as why Sam shouldn't be using his powers like that. But if you're desperate, you're desperate. You know, i can't imagine Lucifer walking the earth 'cause if that were the case it would be really difficult to send him back to hell. So you already know that there's gonna be hell on earth in the next season, literally speaking?

I already have 4 shows including Supernatural on my plate that i faithfully watch (ie, Prison Break, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy) that it's hard for me to incorporate more. My long work hours don't help either. Though i would've liked to watch Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It's pretty cool how Shirley Manson (lead singer of Garbage) is on there. Her character's not even human. Hehe. Some of those shows you mentioned are on those premium movie channels which i don't have. And i'm not really big on downloading those to watch. I'm sure they're available to download online some where. Anyway, you definitely watch a lot there. I hardly have time to do whatever i need to do after coming home from work. But i have to say i always look forward to Thursday nights because of Supernatural. Out of the 4 that i watch, Supernatural is my favorite and my second favorite is Prison Break.

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    beanybeans,
    lol seems like we bumped again in the same thread

I luvss SPN!! And i'm in the middle of re-watching (for the xxx times now) season 1. I remembered the 'moments' when we all have to wait the news about whether there'll be a 2nd season, then 3rd season. Only for 4th season came smoothly without no worry

I usually rants every eps in my LJ tho
    Hey hey! Yeah, i noticed that you replied in here. Didn't know you were an avid Supernatural fan too. I totally love Dean. He's so pretty. LOL. Whoa! You've watched it that many times now? I've only watched each episode once since i realize i can't even handle some of the stuff they show in these episodes even though it's obviously not that gory since it's on regular tv. Though every time i get a thing telling me the new season is out on dvd to buy, i sometimes do ponder it. But nah, i don't think i will. But i'll definitely watch this thing until the end...which i hope isn't any time soon.

Yeah, i know. I remember when watching the season 1 finale, i was wondering if there would be a season 2. I totally love Dean and Sam's chemistry. They're so much fun to watch. I remember how funny it was to see Sam fantasize about Bela (who really annoyed me by the way). LOL. Anyway, yeah, i'm really glad that there's a pretty big fan base it seems to keep these seasons a-coming.

Really? Every episode? LOL. I'd love to read about them. I'm on LJ too...with my usual username, beanybeans. I'm too lazy to post in own my LJ though (i only have 1 post!). I mainly joined to interact in the communities and that's where i mainly post.

So quick question for you. I know you don't live in the States but i take it the episodes that are shown here are also shown over there during, i guess, the same week? I was just wondering if there was a lag time before you get to see what's shown in the US. Anyway, that's cool that Supernatural is shown in a lot of different countries. If only that were the case for Asian stuff being shown in the US.
    Last edited by beanybeans; 11-04-08 at 12:34 AM.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Hey hey! Yeah, i noticed that you replied in here. Didn't know you were an avid Supernatural fan too. I totally love Dean. He's so pretty. LOL. Whoa! You've watched it that many times now? I've only watched each episode once since i realize i can't even handle some of the stuff they show in these episodes even though it's obviously not that gory since it's on regular tv. Though every time i get a thing telling me the new season is out on dvd to buy, i sometimes do ponder it. But nah, i don't think i will. But i'll definitely watch this thing until the end...which i hope isn't any time soon.

Yeah, i know. I remember when watching the season 1 finale, i was wondering if there would be a season 2. I totally love Dean and Sam's chemistry. They're so much fun to watch. I remember how funny it was to see Sam fantasize about Bela (who really annoyed me by the way). LOL. Anyway, yeah, i'm really glad that there's a pretty big fan base it seems to keep these seasons a-coming.

Really? Every episode? LOL. I'd love to read about them. I'm on LJ too...with my usual username, beanybeans. I'm too lazy to post in own my LJ though (i only have 1 post!). I mainly joined to interact in the communities and that's where i mainly post.

So quick question for you. I know you don't live in the States but i take it the episodes that are shown here are also shown over there during, i guess, the same week? I was just wondering if there was a lag time before you get to see what's shown in the US. Anyway, that's cool that Supernatural is shown in a lot of different countries. If only that were the case for Asian stuff being shown in the US.
    Now u know that i am a big fan of the show AAA who doesn't love Dean??? i luvssss him too. He's so vulnerable but hiding it inside with a jokes, sarcasm anything And i luvs the Winchester boys for sure. It's all about brotherly loves in the supernatural, demon-angel worlds.

LOL i remembered watching it at night, gosshh so scary and now honestly i only watched it especially season 1 when the daylights is still around

The waiting period after the season1 finale was like a tortured times!! then when we got the news , we had to waiting the season 2 premiere like forever And yeahhh very very lucky SPN has a very strong and loyal fan-base.

Tried to post every episode, well only a general view tho and it's only for this season Hahaha i think i know which community u mostly come. U're more active than me in the JE fandom.

My local tv station didn't aired this show, well they once aired only season 1 tho sumtimes ago. I have cable tv, but they 1 season behind so of course my source is download Not long after US time aired the episode, the file is already up everywhere , ready to download.

Life
    Chuck
    The Big Bang Theory
    Sarah Connor Chronicle
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Mentalist
    Dexter
    Eli Stone
    Samantha Who
    True Blood
    u have a long list Well i also have some series i must download every week:
    Terminator, Sarah Connor Chronicle
    Fringe,
    CSI Miami
    NCIS,
    Without A Trace,
    Criminal Mind
    CSI NY,
    SPN,
    Smallville,
    CSI
    Friday Night Lights
    Privileged

I see some familiar names here (tanteun and beanybeans ). Seems like we bump into each other quite often haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    in terms of "supernatural" story, 1st season is still the best. But for the whole mystery about Sam's destiny and after Dean's back from hell, season 4 so far look soooooo promising. With all the secrets being revealed one by one.

I think i'm gonna like 4th season, because up till eps 6, the series is getting better n better
    I agree with you on this. I thought season 1 has lots of interesting urban legends and myths incorporated into the stories (wendingo, shapeshifter, hookman, poltergeist, shtriga, etc). I also love season 4 ‘cause it’s nastier than ever, and I’m anticipating the ultimate battle between the demonic influenced Sam and the angel backed Dean… if that ever happens hehe.

I'm still quite perturbed by that "Metamorphosis" episode from season 4. The tension rising up to the point where that guy started to mutate and take his first bite of human flesh was just too much for me. LOL.
    Haha it's pretty gross indeed. I'm surprised they showed that kind of graphic stuff during primetime. I bet some people skipped their dinner after watching that scene lol.

Another hardcore episode. I actually thought the razor blade scene is even nastier than the metamorphosis.
    Just imagining him pulling out razor blade after razor blade out of his mouth is downright disgusting and disturbing. Maybe it’s because they showed it close up from within his mouth. It gives me shivers just thinking about it.

So anymore Us tv series that you watch.
    Out of the 4 that i watch, Supernatural is my favorite and my second favorite is Prison Break.
    Me too. I love Supernatural and Prison Break the most. Prison Break is actually going downhill, but that’s for another thread. I also faithfully watch Fringe and Heroes every week.

wow, i never thought there's many fans of supernatural especially Dean!!

I just finish watching the season 3 and i just feel so sad on how tragic the way Dean died....at that moment i was about to cry..
    That dog just ripped up his clothes and his body, and there's soo much blood ...I'm so scared.
    Season 4 has not yet being show in malaysia, I really can't wait to watch the first episode of season 4. Season 2 is currently showing in malaysia, how slow it is..
    I'm able to watch season 3 because I bought it from the DVD store. It's very hard to find supernatural DVDs or VCDs here...so I'm lucky to have one I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    I see some familiar names here (tanteun and beanybeans ). Seems like we bump into each other quite often haha.

I agree with you on this. I thought season 1 has lots of interesting urban legends and myths incorporated into the stories (wendingo, shapeshifter, hookman, poltergeist, shtriga, etc). I also love season 4 ‘cause it’s nastier than ever, and I’m anticipating the ultimate battle between the demonic influenced Sam and the angel backed Dean… if that ever happens hehe.
    lol Jilly!!! *waving*

Yupe and all started from there they really know how to built a strong story line. Season 2 is more like the bonding between brothers, more emotions involved in this one. Season 3 the story went further to the mysterious power or mystery behind the Sammy. And all long waited to season 4 is sooooo worthy. Lazarus Rising is rock for the season premier and it's about Angel vs Demon things and the boys are stuck in between.

I've watched Supernatural since it started, I've always been a fan of Jared Padelecki since Gilmore Girls, and Jensen Ackles since Days of Our Lives, and when he briefly appeared on Dark Angel with Jessica Alba...I love the fact that it can be so scary sometimes, but it can also be hilarious...Too many things to list...but for this season, the most intense thing is Sam and his ability...and Dean trying to figure what plans God has for him...But I loved the first season because it introduced them and what they do...and I think Season 2 when their dad was around more...man, the Winchester men are all hotties...I just love the relationship those two have as brothers...but not better than my Prisonbreak brothers.

But the funniest things this season were just little moments...
    when Castiel took Dean to the past and he saw his parents, when he saw his mom for the first time as a teenager, "Mom was a babe...I'm going to hell...again." Man, they give Dean the funniest lines. Then when Dean got ghost sickness and was afraid of everything...and screamed like a girl when a cat jumped out of a locker...that was hilarious, I was used to seeing him kick ***, and not be afraid of anything...Then, more recently, last night's episode with people's wishes coming true...and the giant teddy bear that's so depressed about the world, all he does is drink, but then tries to blow his brains out, but can't because he's a teddy bear...just that "Why?!" cracked me up so much.

Here's my weekly schedule:
    Monday: Heroes, Gossip Girl (watch online) Prisonbreak (this show is way too intense to watch with commercials), One Tree Hill
    Tuesday: House, Priviledged, Eli Stone, (watch online) 90210
    Wednesday: America's Next Top Model, Private Practice
    Thursday: Supernatural, Smallville, (watch online) Grey's Anatomy, The Office, CSI
    Sunday: Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, (watch online) Entourage
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by raymond_obsessed View Post
    when Castiel took Dean to the past and he saw his parents, when he saw his mom for the first time as a teenager, "Mom was a babe...I'm going to hell...again." Man, they give Dean the funniest lines. Then when Dean got ghost sickness and was afraid of everything...and screamed like a girl when a cat jumped out of a locker...that was hilarious, I was used to seeing him kick ***, and not be afraid of anything...Then, more recently, last night's episode with people's wishes coming true...and the giant teddy bear that's so depressed about the world, all he does is drink, but then tries to blow his brains out, but can't because he's a teddy bear...just that "Why?!" cracked me up so much.
    haha, yeah, the teddy bear is extremely funny, so emo and full of angst - kah-kah-kah :rofl

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Season 04 - Eps 09

- Angel ear
    - Alastair Crowley from hell - badass
    - Sex with demon is hot, Sam got lucky tonight - haha

So what's been building up for a while now is finally come to pass.

Dean the Angel (?) vs. Sam the Demon (?).

Ironically, Sam could be the final seal. (First human to turn into a demon perhaps) Maybe he does it by killing Lillith.

It's a well written series, and Jensen Ackles is an excellent actor.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    So what's been building up for a while now is finally come to pass.

Dean the Angel (?) vs. Sam the Demon (?).

Ironically, Sam could be the final seal. (First human to turn into a demon perhaps) Maybe he does it by killing Lillith.

It's a well written series, and Jensen Ackles is an excellent actor.
    There will be season 9, so everything will back to status quo next fall