Thread: I have a job interview on Monday, advice please

Default I have a job interview on Monday, advice please

It's at Macdonalds, in the afternoon. I'm really nervous since it's my first job interview and I'm hoping I can ace it. I've kind of got an idea of what questions they may be asking me. If anyone here at SPCNET works in a food outlet, please help share your tips, for a newbie like me.

I've done some rehearsing. Tell me what you think of my responses to the questions below.

Why do you want to work here?

- To gain good work experience that will help develop my future career, because I respect the franchise [friendly staff, great-tasting food]
    - To gain experience that will benefit the company, my colleagues, myself

Name your strengths and weaknesses.

- I'm a determined person who commits themself fully to all tasks
    - Flexible and can adapt to new situations
    - Sometimes I can be too friendly to people

Are you a team player?

- Of course. I possess the ability to work in a team environment & individually. I'm self-motivated, but I believe my positive attitude will assist me in my role as a fellow team member. The team has to work together to deliver ultimate customer service, so teamwork is essential.

What do you know about the company?

- Always serves fresh, great-tasting food
    - Staff are friendly & customer-oriented
    - One of the leading restaurants in the world, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction

How would you handle an unpleasant customer?

- Smile and maintain a positive attitude as that will reflect well on the company. The customer comes first.

How would you handle complaints?

- Maintain a positive attitude. Ask the customer how the food can be improved and thank the customer for their feedback.
    Last edited by Sourplum; 11-19-08 at 05:57 AM.

Ok, allow me to render my assistance here.

The ones bold are my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Why do you want to work here?

- To be a part of this crew, be a teamplayer* because I respect the franchise [friendly staff, great-tasting food]
    - To gain experience that will benefit the company, my colleagues, myself (The best, standard catchline! This is good!)

Name your strengths and weaknesses.

- I'm a determined person who commits themself fully to all tasks (Warning: never commit yourself this way. Employers will think inside their mind "The sh1tty jobs are all yours!"....it's proven!)
    - Flexible and can adapt to new situations (Always say this, whether true or not)
    - Sometimes I can be too friendly to people

Are you a team player?

- I think I've just answered your question!* (then, give him/her a wink - whomever is your opposite gender ) So, It's a Yes! (give your most charming grin). Plus, I possess the ability to work in a team environment & individually. I'm self-motivated, but I believe my positive attitude will assist me in my role as a fellow team member. The team has to work together to deliver ultimate customer service, so teamwork is essential.

What do you know about the company?

- Always serves fresh, great-tasting food
    - Staff are friendly & customer-oriented
    - One of the leading restaurants in the world, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction

-- I see that you've already learned the Art of Deception

How would you handle an unpleasant customer?

- Smile and maintain a positive attitude as that will reflect well on the company. The customer comes first. Plus, I think tactfulness is important. (*Tactfulness, is the keyword for all service line.)

How would you handle complaints?

- Maintain a positive attitude. Ask the customer how the food can be improved and thank the customer for their feedback.
    Maintain a sunny personality will win more than a thousand words. (Albiet, don't overdo it )

Hope you find my suggestions helpful.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

it's macdonalds. it'll be cake. just answer like a normal person and you'll get the job.
    The job is crap. They know it you know it. All you need to know is how to speak english, count money and not be an arse.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    it's macdonalds. it'll be cake. just answer like a normal person and you'll get the job.
    The job is crap. They know it you know it. All you need to know is how to speak english, count money and not be an arse.
    LOL That's one harsh yet realistic advice

Yes, Sourplum, KeongJai is right.

Oh, and after you have gained some working experience, quit the job asap. Don't waste your time with them.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

You'd probably make more than me as an intern out of grad school. For real.

Just come across as pretty dependable and you'll get the job.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

remember_cedric has good advice, but I'd recommend not winking at anyone. You don't want to send misleading signals.

I think the best things you can do at an interview are:
    Speak clearly. Don't say "umm", "like", or "well" every other word.
    Smile.
    Don't volunteer too much personal information.
    Sit up straight and keep your hands away from your face.
    Dress nicely. You should look clean, tidy, and not too trendy. Don't wear anything too revealing or too fussy, and keep your jewelry to a minimum.

Your responses to the possible questions are excellent. It sounds like you're going in the right direction. Good luck!
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。