Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Xia ke xing: Chapter 10 onwards...Take 2

Default thanks for the translations :-)

loving this story... and the way u make new posts daily is amazing.

it looks as though quantity is coming on the cost of quality but can't do much...things r pretty hectic nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    it looks as though quantity is coming on the cost of quality but can't do much...things r pretty hectic nowadays.
    Don't let perfectionism get you down! As has been said - we're getting a great sense of what is going on - as an English only fan I'm really enjoying this. There are plenty of very knowledgeable people on this forum who can help edit and offer constructive criticism so that if needed, the story can be edited at a later date and the finer points of the language argued over.

Thank you for your hard work!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    Hey, no need to think much about quality, the things that you do now, I'm already most grateful. For quality there is always HYS, but we'll have to wait for that. For now, what you do currently, is already more than enough to give us our daily SPT fix.

Default YAYAYA what they said

YUP more translations please... and less spell check :-)
    thanks.. bye :-)

He heard wild insects chirping, breeze moving the trees violently. Both the Shi couple were no longer speaking. Shi Potian feared that they might discover that he is hiding there, didn’t dare to breathe heavily. After a long time, he heard Madam Shi sighing and weeping gently.

He heard Shi Qing saying slowly: “We two people have been roaming the realm of rivers and lakes for such a long time but we didn’t have anything on our conscience and we owe no one. For these last few years we are looking for our son and hoping he is fine and trying to do good deeds. If God really wanted us two people to have no children then it would have been fine but to have such an unfilial child… it would have been better if we had no child.”

Min Rou said in a low voice: “Yu’er, although since childhood was mischievous and naughty, he ......He still is our heart and treasure. We have always doted on him and always liked him, maybe you are tired today, but ......But you are not that resentful. That day in that small temple, I looked at him and he didn’t looked as though he was as evil as people say. In fact we competed for some time with our swords, only unconsciously I stabbed......him......” She was not able to finish her word as she remembered those scenes and sobbed.

Shi Qing said: “I have urged again and again not to feel sorry for that day, even if on that day we have rescued him still I am not sure we might be able to keep him with us. This matter is really strange. After that day the Snow mountain people disappeared without a trace suddenly in that area south of Yellow River. Also we haven’t heard any other news in martial arts world. Tomorrow we will move towards Lingxiao city. Once we get there whatever for good or bad at least we will know the truth.”

Min Rou said: “If we could have taken some efficient people with us to the Lingxiao city at least in some critical situation they might have helped us, isn’t?”
    Shi Qing said: “The matter of the saving him is easier said than done. If one cannot rescue him in the midway then as soon as Yu’er arrives at the Lingxiao city, its like the sheep entering the tiger’s mouth and will be really difficult to return alive.”

Min Rou didn’t say anything, took out the handkerchief to wipe her tears, waited for some time and then said: “I think that this matter cannot be entirely our son’s fault. You saw on that day in the temple how unfamiliar he looked with the Snow mountain swordsmanship. The Snow mountain disciples didn’t looked that good in martial-arts, our son was well extremely talented and striving to excel and always tried to outdo others, that’s why they are making him suffer.” As she said she again started sobbing.

Shi Qing said: “ It was me who miscalculated and still regret the moment when I decided to send him to Snow Mountain school. On that day as soon as I asked him to go to Snow Mountain School to learn martial-arts, although you did not say anything, but I know in your heart actually you didn’t supported that decision. I can’t believe that 'Dragon of wind and fire' Feng Wanli will ill treat the son despite having friendship of us husband and wife.”

Min Rou said: “This matter really strange. You send our son to the Lingxiao city, although you knew my thoughts still you sent him. I must go to them and despite my martial-arts skill will try to save our son. It would be inappropriate for you to go and save him but we mother and son will collaborate, and then may defeat the enemy. I know…I know…Oh!”

Shi Potian saw these two people speaking and thinking how to get out of this situation and thought: “Madame Shi really misses her child. It looks as though her son is captured by the Snow mountain sect, I must go with them to the Lingxiao city and try to help them to save him. She just said that she wanted some help?”

As he was thinking, he heard the faint sound of hoof beats from a distant place suddenly, about a dozen of horses moving towards them.
    Both Shi Qing and Min Rou too heard the sound of people on horses coming towards them and didn’t talk but sat silently.
    When they came closer, the horses came to a stop and some person called out: “in here!”

Another person yelled: “Younger brother Shi, Younger sister Min, we have few words to say.”
    Shi Qing, Min Rou heard the Taoist priest yelling and shouting and felt surprised and quickly stood up.
    Shi Qing asked: “Elder brother Chong Xu, what’s the matter in the temple?” He saw Tian Xu, Chong Xu and all the other fellow apprentices. Two Taoist priests were holding one person each in their hand. The night was not very bright so he can't see clearly who these two people are.

Chong Xu said loudly: “Shi.....Younger brother Shi, Younger sister Min, you were not able to snatch those bronze medals of ‘Command of reward and punishment’ in the temple in front of us all so you used underhand techniques and used poison to snatch it. You did that it fine but in this process you people unexpectedly strike a vicious blow and killed Zhao Xu and Tong Xu, these two people guarding it, that ...that is too unreasonable!”

Shi Qing and Min Rou listened to him such saying that and were surprised.
    Shi Qing said: “Elder brother Zhao Xu and Tong Xu are murdered by a person using vicious poison, this is violent treachery, this ......This ......? Both senior fellow-disciples were killed by same person but why?”
    He was concerned of the fellow apprentices' safety, at once didn’t differentiate himself with them.

Chong Xu said in anger loudly: “We did not know that you have colluded with some lowly assassins who dare to use such violent poison which is most despised in the martial-arts world. Although these two people have not died yet but they are pretty close to death.”
    Shi Qing said: “let me take a look.”

He approached the body as he said these words; passed the two Taoist standing closest to him, suddenly several Taoist priests drew out their sword and came forward to block his way.
    Tian Xu said: “Allows him to pass through! Brother Shi is not that kind of a person.”

Those several Taoists sneered and lowered their swords to yield the way.
    Shi Qing made his way in between the angry Taoists to Zhao Xu. He saw the faces of both these people, a purplish black color appeared, and obviously both have been hit by a violent poison. He saw both people breathing very lightly and it looked as if their life was already hanging on a very thin thread. However the martial-arts of the ‘Shan Qing temple’ was very good and their internal energy was also very deep, also Shi Potian had not directly hit them with his palm but they have only sniffed that poison from his palm and fell down feeling dizzy.

Shi Qing turned his head and asked: “Younger sister, have a look and can you tell who have done this violent treachery?”
    He turned his head and saw about seven-eight Taoist priests each waving a long sword have surrounded him.

Min Rou saw the people looking at them with hostility but ignored them completely and went to see both of them. She received a folded booklet from Shi Qing, and went close to the two people to look at them. As she went she smelled the poison gas and felt dizzy and couldn’t help but to draw back one step.

She hesitated and said: “In the realm of the rivers and lakes, I have not seen this kind of poison. Can I ask Elder brother Chong and you two elder brother if you have ever seen such kind of poison? Is it that they taken this poison by mistake? Are they hit by an enemy’s hidden weapon? I don’t see any scar on the body.”

Chong Xu got angry and said: “how do I know? We are here to precisely ask you people about it? We have just eaten food with you husband and wife. In fact younger sister it was you who tried to snatch the bronze medals from Elder brother. If there was any poison in the wine then you two people would be in this condition and we all would have been poisoned. Zhao Xu had the bronze medals and only he is poisoned and near his death and he doesn’t have those medals now. It…it looks as if he was robbed by you people.

Min Rou got mad when she heard these words and her facial expressions changed, but she was gentle in nature, since childhood she had lived with these fellow apprentices and so was not willing to argue with them. Tears rolled out form her eyes in streams. Shi Qing knew that there is a huge misunderstanding between them and the Shan Qing temple disciples because obviously he hadn’t poisoned these people and they were squarely blaming all of this on them and the way both people behaved in the Shan Qing temple just now they were attracting significant suspicion.
    He stretches out his left hand to take her wife’s right palm, comforted her and paced back and forth for a while.

Min Rou said: “I ......I ......” only said these two words and couldn’t say another word and cried. She was a top martial-art exponent and roamed the realm of the rivers and lakes but never flinched back from any challenge but today when accused by his own fellow apprentices she couldn’t help herself and her feminine side took over.

Chong Xu said furiously: “you can cry as much as you want but your crocodile tears ......”
    He didn’t complete his words as suddenly someone shouted from behind and said: “You people don't know how to discriminate between right and wrong and treat good person carelessly?”

Thanks for the translation. Go gunners!

thanks. i want to read more more and more.

Everyone heard these words said in anger and got surprised. At once everyone turned around; they saw a man standing several ten feet away wearing clothing like a Han Chinese. He didn’t looked like a grown up and by his face looked really young.

Shi Qing, Min Rou saw this person and were really delighted. Min Rou said: “you…you” but she couldn’t complete her sentence and said ‘my son’.

This youth was obviously Shi Potian; he was hiding in the thick patch of grass. When he heard these people blaming Min Rou and Shi Qing he thought that if I come out than more people can die because of his poisonous palm so stayed there but after some time when Chong Xu started misbehaving Min Rou he couldn’t help himself and came out shouting in anger.

Chong Xu shouted at him loudly: “who are you? Who are you to tell us what is good and what is bad?
    Shi Potian said: “Master Shi Qing and Madam Min Rou are good people and hadn’t taken your bronze medal. You blamed them that they have stolen it, how can you accuse people wrongly?”
    Chong Xu took his sword in his hand and said: “Young fellow, you don’t know anything and are actually talking nonsense in here!”
    Shi Potian said: “obviously I know.”

He originally wanted to say that obviously he had taken it but thought if he tells them now then definitely they will attack him and more people will get killed so he checked himself and didn’t speak any further.
    Chong Xu moved towards him and thought may be he knows the truth. and said: “So who took it?”
    Shi Potian said: “Listen there is no way Master Shi and madam Shi could have hurt your two brothers. You have offended them, and also stirred up Madame Shi to cry. Who would kill people in hurry and sit here to wait for you.”

Min Rou was longing for her son for such along time and suddenly she saw the child who she has kept her in her womb for nine months safe and sound, needless to say she was extremely happy. When she heard him defending her mother in front of Chong Xu she felt very proud. Actually she had two sons, but she had suffered innumerable pain and had flowed innumerable tears for them until at this moment.
    Only when she heard her son saying these words to protect her mother, her mood changed to happiness immediately. She thought that all sorts of pain, sadness, anxiousness and humiliation which she had received for him for last twenty years were at not all in vain.

Shi Qing saw his wife complexion changing and she looked extremely happy, tears streaming down her face. He understood her sentiments and clasped her palm in his hand tightly to reassure her and thought in his heart: “Although my son has done all sorts of unfilial acts but at least he has been filial to his mother.”

Chong Xu heard this young person contradicting him again and in his heart again felt angry and said in a loud voice: “who are you? Who are you to say me that I misbehaved with Madame Shi?”
    Min Rou saw his son voicing against injustice and said: “Senior brother, there is a misunderstanding between us all. Once the truth will come out you won’t blame us. “
    She turned to Shi Potian and said: “They are our seniors. Kowtow to them, quickly.”

Shi Potian already had a soft corner in his heart for Madam Shi and when he saw her complexion changing to happiness, she looking at her with tearful eyes, felt a emotional attachment to her. In his life, he had rarely met with people who really loved him with sincerity, so when he saw her then cannot help but felt a warm feeling in his heart. At this moment even if she ask him to give up his life no matter what he would fulfill her every wish.

Without any hesitation, he kneeled down immediately in front of Chong Xu to kowtow and said: “Madam Shi has asked me to kowtow to you, I pay my respect!”

Tian Xu, Chong Xu and rest of the Taoist priests saw his obeying Madam Shi without any hesitation. They thought that although the Shi couple had two children but one has been killed by their enemy in his childhood and another one is captured by Snow mountain sect, then this young person should definitely be their disciple.

Although Chong Xu was really angry but actually he was a Taoist priest and he had practiced breathing exercise for long time. When he saw Shi Potian kowtow to him sincerely, his anger went away and he relaxed.
    He put out his hand and to help him up and said: “Don’t be so polite!”
    When he tried to lift him up he felt as though he was trying to move a mountain and unexpectedly couldn’t move him, he was unable to restrain his anger and said: “you, when your elder is not relying on internal strength, you are try to show off!”
    He immediately moved his internal energy to his arms and made an effort to lift him and make him somersault.

Both the Shi couple saw Chong Xu taking his posture to use his internal strength. They both have learned from the same school had knew he had very good internal energy. Shi Qing felt a bit angry, but thought that Chong Xu is fellow apprentice so he has to let his son take the fall.

However Min Rou called out: “Senior brother shows mercy!”
    Actually the moment she called out, they saw Chong Xu soaring in the air backwards and falling on the saddle of the horse. Chong Xu executed the move “thousand catties to fall” and landed on the horse. If it was any other ordinary horse then it would have died on the spot but this famous horse of Shi couple just hissed loudly and its forelegs kneeled down to absorb the impact.

Shi Potian had enormous internal energy, when Chong Xu tried to throw him instead got thrown backwards and nearly fell.
    Everyone saw it and were extremely surprised. Both the Shi couple had already seen Shi Potian in the temple of village god and knew his internal energy cultivation is quite high but they never imagined that his internal strength is so formidable that he would be able to throw back Chong Xu, who was a top martial-arts expert of ‘Shan Qing temple’, just by restraining his attack.

As soon as Chong Xu stood firmly on the ground, his left hand immediately moved to his waist, he drew out his sword. He was seething with anger but still managed to smile and said: “good, good, good!” He said “good” three times, only then took a breath and said: “Young fellow, Younger sister has trained you well and she too has a outstanding disciple. Let me ask you for some pointers.”
    As he was saying these words his sword aimed towards Shi Potian’s chest.

Shi Potian drew back one step, waved his hand and said repeatedly: “No, no, I don’t want to fight with you.”
    Chong Xu was just thrown by Shi Potian. He was a fellow-disciple of Shi Qing and Min Rou. If he withdraws now then he will be laughing stock in the martial-arts world. On the other hand he was from the older generation so he couldn’t just force Shi Potian to fight.

When he saw Shi Potian himself running from fight, exactly as he was hoping so he said: “We both person are on the same side and also we don’t have any disputes. We are just comparing our skills in martial-arts.”

Shi Potian said: “You are a fellow-disciple of Master Shi and Madam Shi. If in the fight I kill you then it won’t be good.”
    He was really feeling uncomfortable at this moment. He only feared that he might kill him with his poisonous palm and so spoke thoughtlessly.

All the Taoist of ‘Shan Qing’ temple were extremely proud of their martial-arts and thought that he is mocking all of them and has indeed bad intension in his heart. About more than ten Taoist priests moved forward towards Shi Potian in anger.

Shi Qing too shouted: “what did you say? Do not talk nonsense.”
    Chong Xu looked at Tian Xu and fellow Taoists. He had his sword already in his hand. After listening to these humiliating words from Shi Potian, how could have he endured such insult again. He moved forward with big strides and shouted to clear the way: “Good, now I want to take a look at you and see how you will actually kill me, make your move!”

Shi Potian didn’t moved and waved his hands saying: “I won’t make move against you.”
    Chong Xu angrily said: “humph, you see with me such disdain!”
    He moved his sword to stab his shoulder. He saw Shi Potian didn’t have any weapons in his hand, so he attacked a place which was not that critical. He was a priest in the Shan Qing temple and also didn’t want to make the Shi couples his enemy so he made his first move at his shoulder but didn’t used much internal energy.

Shi Potian moved sideways but was not to be able to avoid this move and only heard a light sound; his shoulder was stabbed by the sword, immediately a lot of blood poured out.
    Min Rou called out in fear: “oh!”
    Chong Xu shouted: “Take out your sword quickly!”

Shi Potian thought: “Just now I have killed two of Madam Shi’s fellow apprentices, if I kill this person than firstly it will be unfair to madam Shi and secondly I too will become a unprincipled person.”
    When Chong Xu stabbed him with his sword, he could have retaliated and forced him to divert his attack, but he was afraid that if he moved his hands then he might poison him, so he clasped his both hand behind his back and was unwilling to use them in fight.

When the Taoist priests of Shan Qing temple saw him not moving his hand to fight they thought in their heart that this person is really arrogant and is not even giving face to them and obviously despised him greatly.
    One Taoist called out: “Elder brother Chong, this boy is arrogant, teach him some lessons!”

Chong Xu said: “you are treating me with disrespect from the start?” he took out his swords and brandished them in air.Suddenly he made his move. Shi Potian didn’t knew much about his sword skill, he tried to move quickly and dodge the attack, but was still unable to avoid the attack. He was hit on his left arm and right chest by the sword.
    Fortunately Chong Xu was just trying him to use his hands and attacked in such a way that he won’t get any serious injury but some minor flesh injury. When he saw that he still is not attacking him and just trying to evade the attack, he quickly retracted his sword immediately.
    Min Rou saw her beloved son getting three sword wounds and felt deep pain in her heart. Right away she saw Chong Xu taking posture for another move. He wielded his sword to stab Shi Potian again.

For a moment everyone heard the sound clink-clink and then sound of parched beans one after another for thirteen times. In a blink of an eye Chong Xu attacked thirteen times and Min Rou blocked each of his moves. Both people were highly skilled and from the same school and one by one executed some exquisite sword moves of Shan Qing temple ‘on the clear quick sword’, ‘jumping straight like a shooting star’, ‘the splashing flame’ and ‘rapid victory for coherence’. As soon as they executed these thirteen moves, all the Taoists and Shi Qing cried in one voice: “Excellent!”

On that place all these people, besides Shi Potian, each one of them were highly skilled martial-art expert of ‘Shan Qing’ temple. They saw Chong Xu has executed all these thirteen steps swiftly and fiercely but Min Rou’s defense against these moves was also extremely solid and compact. In a moment both of these people has displayed some extraordinary sword skills and everybody looked completely relaxed.

Tian Xu knew that if these people are again involved in fight then it won’t be easy for both of them to come out without victory or defeat.
    He said: “Younger sister, so you have decided to protect this young person?”

Min Rou didn’t answer and looked at her husband to take them out of this situation.
    Shi Qing said: “This child has no regards for elders and superiors. He shows reckless courage and disrespect. This serves him well.”
    He points to the three sword wounds on his body and said: “It is only his fortune elder brother Chong has showed mercy and have not taken his life. This child’s martial-art skills are really shallow, how could have he defended himself against such an exponent like elder brother? Child, quickly kowtow to all the elders and ask for forgiveness.”

Chong Xu said loudly: “he despises us obviously from the start only. Why would have he said that he can kill us to get rid of us?”
    Shi Potian spreads out his palm and saw a faint red spot with cloudy blue line still present there. He sighed and said: “This pair of hand will always cause trouble and will then kill people.”

The color of every Taoists changed as they heard these words from Shi Potian. Shi Qing listened to his wild and crazy attitude and thought he is still threatening these people and in his heart he too felt great anger. He was unable to restrain himself and shouted: “You...boy doesn’t know the immensity of heaven and earth. You threaten the elder fellow apprentices, who have just shown mercy and have not killed you, don't you know?”

Shi Potian said: “I ......I ......I do not want to kill him, so I have also shown mercy.”
    Shi Qing was angry, he wanted to grab this young boy there only and hit him with his fist, his appearance changed slightly. Min Rou at once knew his intension and held on his left arm immediately.
    Shi Qing pulled his arm, although didn’t make effort in a big way and stood motionless.

Chong Xu had just stabbed Shi Potian thrice and saw him trying to avoid his sword moves. Obviously he was not able to understand the entire essence of his sword skills but his internal energy was exceptional. According to his knowledge it was quite unlikely that he was a disciple of the Shi couple. In his heart, he already had some suspicions, but when Shi Potian lifted the palm to look at them he smelled a light stench and his suspicion increased significantly and shouted a question: “Little boy, whose apprentice you really are, from where you got such a glib-tongue?”

Shi Potian said: “I ......I ......I am the eldest disciple of the ‘Golden Phoenix sect’.”
    Chong Xu thought for a moment: “what ‘Golden phoenix, silver crow sect? In the martial arts world I have never heard a sect of this name; this boy is talking nonsense mostly.”

He sneers and said: “I also heard that your Excellency is also best disciple of ‘Golden Phoenix sect’. Actually this matter doesn’t involve you so don’t meddle in our internal matters.”
    He looked at his left side and winked at two Taoist priests.
    Both the Taoist priests understood him and moved forward towards Shi Qing and Min Rou, reversed their swords and executed move “worship money to excel”. This move of “worship money to excel” was one of the basic move of ‘Shan Qing’ sect. It was usually executed as a ritual to pay respect in front of opposite party when they are elders of the school or perhaps famous senior expert in martial-art world.

It was a purely defensive move, the moving sword pointing towards the ground, the left hand on the sword hilt, looks as if saluting. Both the feet pretty close and firm on the ground. This move actually defended the body up to five feet actually. If the enemy is not moving then oneself is motionless, but if the enemy assaults, then can counter-attack easily.

The Shi couples were confused. They didn’t know what to do. They knew that if they don’t make any move than these Taoist will not attack because of their past relationship but the moment they try to save their son and pick the sword up, immediately they have to accept challenge.

thank you. looking forward to next update.

Min Rou has compared her skills earlier with these Taoists years ago in ‘Shan Qing temple’ and thought: “in the past when in Shan Qing temple, we were learning martial-arts, at that time their skills were far inferior to me, but this “worship money to excel” executed by them looks quite strong and steady. It seems they have improved a lot in these years and she was afraid it would take at least thirty-forty moves to defeat them.”

As she was thinking this, she saw Chong Xu vibrating his sword continuously. He has already rounded Shi Potian and said: “If you don’t hit back again, I will execute all the evil people of Golden Phoenix sect”.
    He called ‘Golden phoenix’ clearly and obviously wanted the Shi couple to hear, so they don’t get angry later in case this person s really their disciple.
    Shi Qing thought its time to take the bull by its horns. He knew that if his son does not hit back again then Chong Xu will really hurt his badly this time, but if hits back to fight then if he can hold him for some time and lose then maybe he can survive, so he called out immediately: “child, elder brother is a top expert in the martial-arts world, to take pointers in martial-art from him will be a greatly benefit you. Elder uncle is not going to hurt you severely so don’t fear and take out your weapon and resist quickly!”

Shi Potian only saw Chong Xu moving his sword really quickly, the dazzling sword reflection in the moonlight engulfed him, and he felt a dense cold air emanating from the sword and was really terrified. Chong Xu had already stabbed him thrice so she quickly moved aside. He already knew that this Taoist is very fierce. When he heard Shi Qing asking him to hit back, in his heart he felt happy and thought: “If I use a weapon instead of a palms to fight with him than its likely that the poison on my palms will not kill him.”
    He glanced at his side and saw there was a wiry long sword lying on the ground; it was precisely the one which disciple of Lu Shiba left there after losing to Madam Shi.
    He called out hurriedly: “good, good! I will fight back, you ......You must not stab me from behind when I am picking this sword. If you seize this opportunity to attack me from behind that it won’t count, also you will a shameless person.”

Chong Xu saw him saying these words in one breath, looking helpless and also funny at the same time, he exclaimed: “Pooh!” and drew back two steps and with bu sound inserted the sword in ground.
    He said: “You, you think I Chong Xu will sneak attack on a boy like you?”
    He inserted both hands in the waist and waited for him to take the sword, and thought: “The sword moves of this boy doesn’t look similar to our sect, so its unlikely that he is a disciple of Shi couple. I don’t understand why this Shi fellow has called me his elder uncle then?”

Shi Potian bent down to pick up the wiry long sword, suddenly a thought came to his mind: “I should fight really carefully, if I am not careful enough then this could turn out be a very difficult situation. If unconsciously my left hand moved and hits this person than surely he will die, so to avoid this I should tie my left hand with my waist. If it is tied then obviously I can’t strike him with my palm and won’t kill him.” So he stood immediately and said to Chong Xu: “sorry, I should ask you to wait for some more time.”
    He untied his waistband immediately, hung his left hand and started to tie it with his waist; various people were looking surprisingly at him. No one knew what exactly is he trying to do. Shi Potian tightened the waistband and knotted it firmly and then again bent down to take the wiry sword and said: “Now it’s fine, let’s compare our skill, now you won’t get killed.”

Chon Xu went mad and nearly fainted as he heard this. He saw this young person tying his left hand to his waist and asking him to duel with single hand. He really hated him for this act. Several Taoist priests scolded him at once.
    Shi Qing and Min Rou also reprimanded him, said: “this child is really impolite, untie this waistband quickly!”
    Shi Potian hesitated for a moment; in the meantime Chong Xu moved his sword to stab at him. He didn’t have time to honor the instruction of Min Rou. He simply moved his wiry long sword to keep off the attack.
    Chong Xu knew that the internal strength of this person is very strong so he avoided the contact of his sword and immediately changed his move. His sword created ‘shua-shua’ sound six-seven times as he brandished his sword for stabbing him.
    Shi Potian was in complete confusion, didn’t have any clue how to resist, also he was totally unaware of the opponent’s sword skill.
    In his heart he called out: “This is it then!”

He started to move his wiry long sword in randomly chopping manner with absolute lack of coherence. He has learnt the seventy-three sword moves of Golden phoenix sect but at this moment his mind went blank as if all skills he learnt vanished in the thin air.
    Fortunately Chong Xu knew that this person’s internal energy is extremely strong that’s why he didn’t act rashly. He was able to see lot of flaws in his sword chops but he was adamant on avoiding his wiry sword hitting his sword for fear that he might not be able to hold it after contact because all his moves were accompanied by a fierce internal energy.
    Shi Potian kept on randomly swiping and chopping his wiry sword for some time.
    He saw Chong Xu withdrawing a bit, decided to calm himself down. Gradually the seventy-three moves of Golden phoenix sword skill came back to his mind. Although Chong Xu withdrew a bit but he attacked again with extreme speed. Shi Potian wanted to use the sword skill of Golden phoenix sect but he remembered that Grandma Si has created this set of sword skill to defeat ‘Snow mountain sword skill’. Its move were precisely to negate the various moves of Snow mountain sect. Its use will be completely incompatible with his opponent’s sword skill. He again felt perturbed in his heart and started to brandish his wiry sword on his whim randomly.

As he was moving his sword randomly he suddenly remembered his duel
    with Bai Wanjian on the Azure Mist Island. He remembered how he lost the fight because he was not aware of some of the moves of his opponent. At this moment this Taoist priest's sword skills were even more ufamiliar and since he didn’t know anything about it so kept on randomly brandishing his wiry sword around himself.
    This disorderly chaotic sword moves using some of the Golden phoenix sword moves and with vigorous internal energy formed a dazzling circle and Chong Xu didn’t dare to attack again.
    All the Taoists and Shi couple were astonished. Chong Xu too was shocked but was getting more angry. He was a bit timid inside in his heart but still was a veteran martial-art expert and had seen sword skills of various sects and knew how to deal with them.
    He saw this sword skill of Shi Potian was not only extremely simple and artless, but also disorderly. It was directly opposite the basic fundamentals of martial-art, irrespective of the opponent’s move he was simply moving his sword in a random manner, but whether correct or not at least his moves were extremely effective.

Chong Xu was getting anxious as the fight dragged on so he again launched about ten moves in succession. This time Shi Potian brandishes his sword in a circular motion and suddenly there was a big impact, both the sword collided. Chong Xu was expecting it and already using his full internal energy and grasped his sword really tightly, but Shi Potian has enormous internal energy. People called out in fear as they saw the sword of Chong Xu bent from the center in to right angle and blood dripping on it from his mouth.
    Actually in a single stroke the famous expert of Shan Qing temple lost the fight. Even though he could sill fight but what face now he can show in martial-art world and in the Shan Qing temple.

Chong Xu went mad and threw his bent sword at Shi Potian, stretched his both hands to move towards him to grasp him immediately. Shi Potian moved his sword to smash the bent sword in the air but didn’t know what to do after that and hesitated as he saw Chong Xu was coming at great speed towards him, his palms pointing towards his critical acu-points.

This move of Chong Xu was extremely risky both ways. This move to attack the acu-point on the chest was very rare Shan Qing temple move. His both hands bumped in to his acu-points, but wasn’t able to seize them as Shi Potian’s internal energy was too strong for him and he felt a incredible force hitting him back and his body recoiled back, the more strength he applied, the more the reactive recoil hit him back. He couldn’t hold his more and actually sat on his bottom there only. He couldn’t believe he lost to this clown in such a big way.

Very gripping story!
    Thx so much for the translation!!
    Last edited by greyman; 01-15-09 at 02:32 PM.

wow !!!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Only a super-baka, messing up with SPT , thanks for the translation . Yes SPT is such a super powerful person he can cross jump over the pacific ocean from Tokyo and land in LA

Tian Xu quickly moved towards him to support him. He extended his palm to his left to give him support and gave a push by his internal energy. Chong Xu immediately leapt up to stand on his feet firmly but his face lost it’s color entirely.

Tian Xu drew out his sword, and said: “We really have a young hero among us, I really admire, well done! This poor priest will like to take advice from you young man; I only fears that I already have one foot in the grave, won’t be match to you.”
    As he was saying this he moved his sword towards Shi Potian to stab in but very slowly. Shi Potian lifted his wiry sword and blocked his move; however the moment the both swords met, suddenly the opponent’s sword strength vanished without a trace. He cannot help to restrain and called out: “strange!”

Chong Xu already knew that his internal energy is really strong that’s why he was testing his internal strength and quickly withdrew his sword back, but even in this minor contact he felt as though his right arm went numb and he felt a severe ache in his chest. He was shocked and was afraid that he suffered a serious internal injury so he waited and didn’t make his next move.
    Shi Potian too lifted his wiry sword but didn’t dare to attack with his full internal energy and attacked with a slanted sword immediately.
    Although Tian Xu was already over 60-year old, still he has not lost any agility in these past years. He moved steadily and made his move.
    Shi Potian didn’t made any move towards him as though he didn’t want to hurt him and turned a blind eye on him no matter what sword move opposite party executed he simply kept on using executing his own set of moves.
    In fact he was now using the various Golden Phoenix sect moves like ‘Snow blossom meets the summer’, ‘thousand honored pressure camels’ and `scorching red date’. It was really difficult for Tian Xu. He was afraid of sword collision; on the other hand Shi Potian was practicing his sword moves.
    This way the two people executed about twenty more moves. The sword wind was getting violent and the circle started to get bigger and bigger as people tried to avoid it.

The two Taoist priests who were initially standing between the Shi couple and Shi Potian were now helping each other out.
    Both the Shi couple were now free to help Shi Potian but Tian Xu and Shi Potian both were in the middle of a fierce fight and they couldn’t help but to watch it from the distance.

At first Shi Potian was afraid in his heart, but as he started to use different Golden phoenix sword moves, slowly he started to get more confidence and his moves became more graceful and with his exquisite internal energy, his sword play was really immaculate. Tian Xu was too was feeling a bit confident initially but as Shi Potian got more confidence he was not able to find any chink in his move. His internal energy looked inexhaustible and he saw no signs of his internal energy fading. He only thought that both his legs were gradually weakening, feeling increasing pain in his arms and he found really difficult to make his next move after some time.
    By now the Shi couple too saw that the situation has changed dramatically. Tian Xu was in very weak state; they wanted to call their son and ask to stop but didn’t want Tian Xu to lose his face. They were in a very difficult situation right now and saw no way out as both people were dear to them.

Shi Potian kept on executing his move, his sword came closer and closer to him, suddenly Tian Xu felt his right knee went soft and he had to kneel down to keep his balance and his complexion changed.
    As soon as Shi Potian saw this opportunity his intention was to attack him but suddenly he recalled the word of A’Xiu; she said to him on Azure Mist island: “where it is possible to let people off, one should spare them; anyone can make mistakes, forgive them when possible.”

As soon as he remembered this he recalled her tender bashful face and how she told him these words and at the same time executed a horizontal swipe at Tian Xu.
    Tian Xu saw his sword coming at him with tremendous force, quickly retreated two steps back. His one knee was totally useless now so he somehow limped back these two steps and as the body moved he felt enormous pain and felt as though he has used his entire energy to take these two steps.
    Still Tian Xu took his sword moved it towards the left, and then moved it in a circular motion towards his own face, but only stirs up a lot of underground dust to fly upwards.

Tian Xu huffed and puffed but suddenly he was shocked when he saw the wiry log sword of Shi Potian vibrating near his feet on the ground.
    He retreated back two steps slowly and stood with help of his sword then he heard Shi Potian saying: “your Excellency, this sword skill is really exquisite, I really admire it, today it is very difficult to find victory or defeat, in this situation why don’t we give up this fight and everybody become friends?”

He reiterated the entire sentence A’Xiu told him. Tian Xu couldn’t believe his own ears; he stood there and didn’t speak.
    Shi Qing showed a faint smile and felt relieved. Min Rou was extremely glad and was beaming with joy. Both husband and wife saw their son excelling in martial-arts were happy but the way he actually settled the matter even after winning made them really proud.
    Min Rou thought: “This silly child really talks nonsense and irresponsibly. What is this ‘your Excellency ' and ‘become friends'. How can he call our senior fellow-disciple as his friend?”
    However she thought even if language is bad still she has no regrets, and was in fact extremely happy. Who can measure the extent of happiness of a loving mother?

Tian Xu changed his tone, shook his head and said: “In Yangtze River, one wave has pushed the other wave to oblivion. I have grown old and useless.”
    Min Rou said with a smile: “Little child, you have offended our Senior fellow-disciple. Go forward to apologize quickly.”
    Shi Potian should say: “yes!” he untied his left arm from the waistband, respectfully went forward and kowtowed.
    Min Rou saw it and was really satisfied. She said happily: “Senior brother, this is your little nephew, your younger sister’s mischievous child. He has not been disciplined enough in his childhood no wonder he is offending everyone.”

Tian Xu was surprised, he said: “He is your worthy son, no wonder, no wonder!
    Younger brother you earlier said that your worthy son is captured by Snow mountain sect, so you lied previously.”
    Shi Qing said: “How can younger brother dare to deceive the fellow apprentices?
    This young child was originally captured by Snow Mountain sect; right now even we don’t know how he managed to escape.”
    Tian Xu nodded and said: “Oh …so this is the story. Actually it’s not that difficult to understand how he managed to escape from them. You have a very worthy son, younger brother and younger sister has passed on some incredible sword skill to him, and obviously with his amazing internal energy no wonder Snow mountain sect people couldn’t kept him in their custody. His internal energy cultivation is so strong, solid and unfathomable, and this last move of his, its pretty unfamiliar.”

Shi Potian said: “A’Xiu taught me this move. She said that when others hit you, you must still show mercy. “where it is possible to let people off, one should spare them; anyone can make mistakes, forgive them when possible.”
    He has not lived a lot with people so he was not street smart and didn’t know what to say in front of others. Tian Xu complexion immediately changed to red, he was ashamed to hear these words in public.
    Shi Qing shouted: “keep quiet, what nonsense are you talking?”
    Shi Potian said: “I didn’t say anything wrong. I initially thought that if I tie my poisonous palm with my waist and use this sword to fight I won’t ...” He was going to say “kill” but thought that if complete his sentence then again there will be a big dispute with these priests so he stopped talking immediately.

Tian Xu was already feeling cold in his heart, suddenly he shouted: “what poisonous palm? Have you killed these two Taoist priests? Have you stolen those two bronze medals?”

Is it me, or has OTG got the most unreasonably proud characters in the Jinyongiverse?

Help please: Can someone suggest a proper translation for title of chapter-13: 舐犊之情

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Is it me, or has OTG got the most unreasonably proud characters in the Jinyongiverse?
    LOL, don't you read it from the start, SPT is a guy who got ZERO social skill, he is not proud!

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    LOL, don't you read it from the start, SPT is a guy who got ZERO social skill, he is not proud!
    I was talking about the Taoists, and just about everyone else in the story so far. In other novels, people would be sensible enough to admit when they've met their match, and reasonable enough to at least somewhat observe the rules of wulin. So far, supposedly honourable characters of all flavours have pressed their pride beyond reason, and ignored rules whenever it's suited them.