Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wealth can't exceed/unable to pass beyond the third generation (fu bu guo san dai)

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Mercer's world's best places to live in: (since are on the topic, of course it's just another ranking you could choose to ignore)

1. Zurich (Switzerland)
    2. Vienna (Austria)
    2. Geneva (Switzerland)
    4. Vancouver (Canada)
    5. Auckland (New Zealand)
    6. Dusseldorf (Germany)
    7. Munich (Germany)
    8. Frankfurt (Germany)
    9. Bern (Switzerland)
    10. Sydney (Australia)
    11. Copenhagen (Denmark)
    12. Wellington (New Zealand)
    13. Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    14. Brussels (Belgium)
    15. Toronto (Canada)
    16. Berlin (Germany)
    17. Melbourne (Australia)
    17. Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
    19. Ottawa (Canada)
    20. Stockholm (Sweden)
    28. Honolulu (USA)

Europe has 13 concentrated in that small area of central europe. Canada has 3, Australia 2, New Zealand 2. The best of US is in Hawaii.
    HHHHMMMMM
    How come none of the cities are from Florida? I have been to Fort Lauderdale and it's so beautiful there. The streets are so clean with warm weather all year round and beautiful palm trees. It's more beautiful than all cities I have been to in Canada. It's more beautiful than Toronto and Calgary.

How could most of the top best cities are from Europe where most people live in small apartments and rely on public transportations? North Americans live in bigger houses with more cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    How could most of the top best cities are from Europe where most people live in small apartments and rely on public transportations? North Americans live in bigger houses with more cars.
    Because many people's definition of a good life isn't always materialistic.
    I'm not quite sure why you continue to gauge quality of life with "big houses" and "owning cars." Not every person needs those things. Just because people often choose not to purchase these things does not mean their quality of life is bad.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

It could be that those cities' public transportations are very efficient and reliable, thus, people do not need to use their own car. That shows good city planning and public services.

A city that has efficient public transport where you don't need to take out your own vehicle everytime you want to go somewhere is a good city to live in. Save your petrol and less air polution.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-20-08 at 05:11 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    It could be that those cities' public transportations are very efficient and reliable, thus, people do not need to use their own car. That shows good city planning and public services.

A city that have efficient public transport where you don't need to take out your own vehicle everytime you want to go somewhere is a good city to live in. Save your petrol and less air polution.
    Yeah, not like in some metropolitan city, massive traffic jam etc, where road-rage fuel the driver everyday. Once in the car, people just transform into a different person, full of anger, yours truly included LOL .
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-20-08 at 04:52 AM.

HHHHMMMMM
    How come none of the cities are from Florida? I have been to Fort Lauderdale and it's so beautiful there. The streets are so clean with warm weather all year round and beautiful palm trees. It's more beautiful than all cities I have been to in Canada. It's more beautiful than Toronto and Calgary.

It was based on quality of life. Different people have different opinions on what quality of life is. Mercer has made theirs based on a formula. You can base yours on your definition of QOL, and find the best city for yourself. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

The list includes the more well known cities. So some of the smaller ones will not feature.

Out of the mainland USA cities, Boston scored the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Yeah, not like in some metropolitan city, massive traffic jam etc, where road-rage fuel the driver everyday. Once in the car, people just transform into a different person, full of anger, yours truly included LOL .
    Haha, that's very true.

So, more efficient public transport is a good thing because too much anger is not good for one's health.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I realize the #1 cause of premature mortality of my neurons is actually road rage.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    I realize the #1 cause of premature mortality of my neurons is actually road rage.
    LOL, who is the victim now gwanny , it seems we have something in common LOL

presses
    Unregistered

Default How fast do I have to drive my snowmobile?

How fast do I have to drive my snowmobile?snowmobiles arctic cat canadaski doo 800r pipes, yamaha motorssnowmobile helmet brochure for skidoo 1995 snowmobilessnowmobiles for sale in winnipeg polaris 425 magnum atv six wheelersnowmobiles 4wd atvs for salepolaris jet ski replacement parts, motor scooter yamahacadillac michigan snowmobile rental cadillac michigan snowmobile rentalchinese atv transmission parts cadillac michigan snowmobile rental

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    I don't know how true is it, but when you are stress and stuck at the traffic jam for hours, you are pissed...

I don't know how true is it, but when you are stress and stuck at the traffic jam for hours, you are pissed...
    Half an hour of traffic jam is enough to piss me off, not to mention HOURS.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."