Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What songs give you a very heart-wrenching feeling?

Default What songs give you a very heart-wrenching feeling?

Tears by X-Japan
    the main song from Windstruck (can't remember what it's called)
    Loneliness is Singing by Ah Sang

And some odd ones like
    The Moon Represents My Heart
    Zai Shui Yi Fang

For me, it depends on the sentiments.

Lately, these are the ones:-

Michael Buble - 1) Grown-Up Christmas List, 2) Home and 3) Lost

Bryan Adams - When You Love Someone

Ronan Keating - Long Goodbye

Colin Reyes - Love, Me (especially "if you get there before I do, don't give up on me....")

Robbie Williams - Eternity (especially "I can't promise tat I can heal you,but if you want to, I will try")

Sissel - Summer Snow

Leo Ku & Vivian Chow - 爱得太迟 (Loves too late) - Can't totally understand but i can grasp the meaning overall. (Canton)

Anita Mui - 抱緊眼前人 (Canton)

Aaron Kwok (in his debut, i think) - Nan Dao Ni Xian Zai Hai Bu Zhi Dao (Mandarin)

Alec Su - 察肩而過 (Mandarin)

Li Guo Xiang - 杜鵑花的日子 (Mandarin) - a not very goodlooking HK male artist, if anyone remembers. But I think he wins by talent. This lyrics are so poetic and brings a sad feeling.

P/s: Yeay my chinese fonts worked
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 12-28-08 at 10:41 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

- Many songs from Green Rose & The Snow Queen
    - Daniel Bedingfield: Nothing Hurts Like Love, If You're Not The One (listen to this song when you cannot be with someone you love - 100% heart-wrenching )
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-27-08 at 06:09 PM.

What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts

And also Jue Bie Shi by Anson Hu. But I suppose that's because the Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang series had such immense impact on my feelings about the song.

Qiu Fo - Shi Yan
    Last edited by Qin_Shu_Bao; 12-28-08 at 12:00 AM.

The Heart Moves, The Heart Aches by Will Liu & Evonne Hsu 劉畊宏 & 許慧欣 '心動心痛'

You Needn't Love Me by Abin Fang 方炯鑌 '你不必愛我'

Raining Day by Lara Liang 梁心頤 '下雨天'

Red face I know 5

When you're gone- Avril Lavigne
    Fall to pieces- (also) Avril Lavigne
    Park Hyo Shin- I'm Sorry I love You
    Jazmin Sullivan- Need You Bad
    Bo Go Ship Da- Stairway to Heaven OST

i just think these are DEEP

Alec Su - 察肩而過 (Mandarin) ~ good one, for some reason it makes me feel sad listening to this song despite Alec not even being such a great singer.

I also associate songs with certain events/difficult times in my life. When I was anticipating results for school, I would listen to "My Happiness" from "Fated to Love You" and feel teary.

And the night I was cramming and doing a half-nighter for my research project defense, I listened to MC. The Max "Time of Wolf and Dog" over and over and over.

Dir en grey - Mushi - This song's live performance may be one of the most emotional and heart-touching things I've ever seen. The amount of sorrow expressed is just unbelievable. This song has the power to make me cry every time I hear it, even if I'm in a perfectly happy mood.

Dir en grey - Ware, Yami Tote. Again, the singer's screams from the bottom of his heart contains so much raw emotion.

X-Japan - Tears - I have seven versions of this song for a good reason. Beautiful lyrics, beautiful composition, Yoshiki is amazing.

X-Japan - Say Anything.

Baroque - Caramel Drops - Incredibly beautiful song. Something about the way the singer sings "Suki dayo" touches me every time I listen to it.

Raphael - Eternal Wish. This song makes me feel as if I'm dying and ascending to Heaven, and I hear the voices of the angels at the gates of Heaven.

Dir en grey - The Final. Very personal to me.

Radiohead - Just. The lyrics says it all, "You do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts."

Black Eyed Peas - Where Is the Love? Again, an amazing song with such a beautiful message.

Luna Sea - I For You. In my opinion the best Jrock song ever written. Everything about this song, from the lyrics to the music, is perfectly arranged.

Queen - The Show Must Go On. It seems so much like Freddie Mercury foreshadowing his own death.

Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue. I like the loneliness in this song.

The Offspring - Gone Away. Really heart-warming song.

Glay - Happiness.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

"Eternal Silence" by Phantasmagoria. The lyrics, " I wish heaven aitakute " (I wish we could meet in heaven) just tears me up everytime I hear it. This song is on heavy rotation in my ipod.

"Hana Kotoba" by Gazette. Such emotion in the vocalist's voice...

"Gao Xu Ta, Wo Ai Ta" (Tell Her I Love Her.. Is this the right?) by Hu Ge. Used as an insert song in the series Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang

"Iris" by Googoo Dolls

"Sing for Absolution" by Muse

"Hamburg Song" by Keane

"forbidden lover" by L'arc en Ciel. Personal history with this song. hehe

"Kona Yuki" by Remioromen for the 1 litre no namida OST. I cried buckets of tears during that emotional moment where Ryu Nishikido and Erika Sawajiri's character were talking about the hopelessness of her illness and when she made a move to go away on her own in her wheelchair and then Ryu tried to help her, she said "bye bye"... God... Ryu's character broke down and cried, Erika is now crying as well, then it snowed and Remioromen's "Kona Yuki" plays in the background... god, it broke my heart.... perfect example of a perfect usage of a song in an emotional scene in a series....

"Squall" by Despairs Ray

"Returner-yami no shuuen" must see the mv for this. Gackt as a doomed samurai is freakin shmexy... and this song gets me everytime i hear it... his voice so sad and filled with longing... ahhhh....

"Yakusoku wa Iranai" by Maaya Sakamoto used as theme song for Escaflowne. actually, all the albums released for Escaflowne, especially the "for lovers only" can really make your heart ache. One remembers the love between Hitomi and Van... sigh...

"Chun Zai" by 5566 for the series "Westside story". sigh... Tony and Esther's pairing are on of the best, hope they make more series together.

"Prisoner of Love" by Utada Hikaru used as theme song for the jdorama "Last Friends. uwahh! perfect usage of the song for the drama.

"Sayuri's theme" from the OST of Memoirs of a Geisha.

"Your Hands are Cold" from the OST of 2005's Pride and Prejudice

"Bittersweet" by Apocalyptica feat. Lauri yloenen and Ville Valo. Man, this song really makes me weep.

will post more once I come up with more emo songs. hehehe...
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

"Tears In Heaven" - Eric Clapton

The legendary British rock and blues guitarist wrote this song in 1991 after his four-year old son, Conor, had died in an accident the previous year.

The song was a massive hit for Clapton and revitalized his career, but the lyrics and mood of the song are so devastatingly grim that I can't listen to it. I don't have kids, but I don't even want to imagine what it's like to be a parent watching his child die.

That all said, it's a good song, just not one I want to listen to with any sharp objects lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post

Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure.
    This one surprises me. The lyrics probably do have a more poignant meaning, but to me, this is just a good dance track (whose bass riff was shamelessly ripped off by Vanilla Ice for "Ice, Ice Baby").

One more to add:

"Disarm" by Smashing Pumpkins, possibly my all-time favorite band EVER. This is the band that got me hooked to rock music in the first place. And Billy Corgan's lyrics are always so poignant and emotional. The way he sung this song is so raw and powerful, highly recommended.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Can't believe I forgot this one:

"God" - John Lennon

In this post-Beatles song from the early 1970s, John Lennon repudiated all those things in which he had once believed, but no longer did...including, most poignantly, "Beatles."

Lennon was effectively saying to the world, "The Sixties are over. The Beatles are over. Get over it and move on with your lives, because I have." He wasn't saying anything that was untrue, but for the many, many people who had gotten attached to the Beatles and the ideals that the 1960s stood for, it was a hard pill to swallow.

On the flip side, there's Paul McCartney's "Here Today," written in tribute to John Lennon in 1981 shortly after Lennon was murdered. This song was, in some ways, the opposite of Lennon's "God," looking back at McCartney's and Lennon's shared youth with sadness and nostalgia. It's also somewhat similar to Clapton's "Tears In Heaven," although in this case, the grieving singer is mourning the loss of a friend rather than a child.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Alec Su - 察肩而過 (Mandarin) ~ good one, for some reason it makes me feel sad listening to this song despite Alec not even being such a great singer.
    Yeah, the lyrics were simply, expressive and touching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Black Eyed Peas - Where Is the Love? Again, an amazing song with such a beautiful message.
    I agree. I liked it too.

Des'ree - Kissing You [in OST of Romeo & Juliet, Leonardo Dicaprio and Claire danes version. Not a fantastic movie but I liked this tune as it runs along with the scenes.]

Mayday - Chun Zhen

Il Divo feat Toni Braxton - Time of Our Lives [I'm very touched by the wholehearted singing] (Most parts done by Il divo are in italian)

Carpenters - Yesterday Once More

Enrique Iglesia - tired of being sorry

Trish Thuy Trang buet Cardin & Evan - If You Only Knew (the lyrics are sweet)

Ricky Martin feat. Chambao - Tu Recuerdo (My Memories (for you)) [for the one who brought me to this song]

Quinta Estación, La - Algo Más (Something More) [reminds me of how I was brought to this song]

Jamie Cullum - Twenty Something [such sacastic lyrics and it did self-reflect for me]

click to show/hide spoilers
    After years of expensive education
    A car full of books and anticipation
    I'm an expert on Shakespeare and that's a hell of a lot
    But the world don't need scholars as much as I thought
    Maybe I'll go traveling for a year
    Finding myself, or start a career
    Could work the poor, though I'm hungry for fame
    We all seem so different but we're just the same
    Maybe I'll go to the gym, so I don't get fat
    Aren't things more easy, with a tight six pack
    Who knows the answers, who do you trust
    I can't even separate love from lust
    Maybe I'll move back home and pay off my loans
    Working nine to five, answering phones
    But don't make me live for Friday nights
    Drinking eight pints and getting in fights
    Maybe I'll just fall in love
    That could solve it all
    Philosophers say that that's enough
    There surely must be more
    Love ain't the answer, nor is work
    The truth eludes me so much it hurts
    But I'm still having fun and I guess that's the key
    I'm a twentysomething and I'll keep being me

How can I forget this chinese favourites? By Jacky Cheung - Zhu Fu! Love the lyrics!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 12-29-08 at 06:04 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Yut Sung Hor Kau (from Looking Back in Anger) by Danny Chan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WlwQTDUytQ

Gei Fun Seung Sum Gei Fun Chi (from Looking Back in Anger) by Dave Wong Kit (Wang Chieh)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAKk3zhJPu0

Eric Bogle - And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda

But the band plays Waltzing Matilda
    And the old men still answer the call
    But as year follows year
    More old men disappear
    Some day no-one will march there at all
    Last edited by pannonian; 01-03-09 at 07:30 AM.

I don't know the title of the song nor even what it's about, but the performance is definitely heart-wrenching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-rsFa2LKv0
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Landy Wen and Jay Chou - Wu Ding (Live): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYbMwLcsMPY

This is a very old song, but its my first time hearing it. Very lovely song I can easily go back to.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

There's a lot to list but off the top of my head.

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight and Tears in Heaven

Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry, Redemption Song

Weezer - Say it ain't so

Miles Davis - Blue in Green

B'z - Itsuka no merry christmas, Calling

Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata

Frederic Chopin - Pretty much all his stuff

Kagrra - Sakura,
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Aaron Kwok - Yu Gwo Nei Ying Jan Gwo (如果妳認真過)
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩