Thread: chronologically speaking, where does Flying Fox fit in with Book and Sword?

Default chronologically speaking, where does Flying Fox fit in with Book and Sword?

All three novels share characters such as Fu Kangan, Chen Jialou, Wen tailai, qian long, etc. but where does FFSM and OTFFSM fit in with Book and Sword chronologically?

Quote Originally Posted by LeKhai View Post
    All three novels share characters such as Fu Kangan, Chen Jialou, Wen tailai, qian long, etc. but where does FFSM and OTFFSM fit in with Book and Sword chronologically?
    TV series often combine FFOSM and OTFFSM into one long series so let say they are one.

According to the time line, Book and Sword takes place before FFOSM. Chan Ka Lok and Qianlong fight over Princess Fragrance in Book and Sword whereas according to FFOSM, Princess Fragrance was passing away like 20 years ago. I wonder why Jin Yong didn't let baddie and Fu Ang Kang dies. I think almost all people hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    TV series often combine FFOSM and OTFFSM into one long series so let say they are one.

According to the time line, Book and Sword takes place before FFOSM. Chan Ka Lok and Qianlong fight over Princess Fragrance in Book and Sword whereas according to FFOSM, Princess Fragrance was passing away like 20 years ago. I wonder why Jin Yong didn't let baddie and Fu Ang Kang dies. I think almost all people hate him.
    However, I do remember in the 2006 version just recently that Wen Tailai was in it. If FFOSM occured after Book and Sword, shouldn't he be dead? You have to excuse me as I have yet to read the novel

Quote Originally Posted by LeKhai View Post
    However, I do remember in the 2006 version just recently that Wen Tailai was in it. If FFOSM occured after Book and Sword, shouldn't he be dead? You have to excuse me as I have yet to read the novel
    all the red flower ppls (including Wen Tailai) should be alive and kicking at the end of Book & Sword, thus also Flying Flox.

FF did occur after Book and Sword, but not so much after that all the characters from Book and Sword were dead. Think of it as a generation and some change later.