Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sword God battle: JY vs GL swordsman

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I agree with your interpretation but I find 'cannot be disadvantaged' more fun and smoother flowing.
    Right. Since there are many ways to say the same thing, we just pick the one that sounds better.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Note that YGC did not choose to use his Retcon power for this duel. If he did, he could have erased SMCX and his grandmother from existence or turned him into a hairy toad.
    I haven't read the LSF novels, but how was this "Retcon" power displayed? He can change the universe at will? What did he do in the novel to display this omnipotent power?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    I haven't read the LSF novels, but how was this "Retcon" power displayed? He can change the universe at will? What did he do in the novel to display this omnipotent power?
    He had been injured by a poison dart, with abounding physical evidence that the wound was real, not faked, but later...the wound never happened.

Doesn't get any better/worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    He had been injured by a poison dart, with abounding physical evidence that the wound was real, not faked, but later...the wound never happened.

Doesn't get any better/worse than that.
    The novel said he "willed" the wound away? What happened exactly? Maybe it was natural healing. Are you sure that Gu Long made him have godly omnipotent powers?

No, what Gulong did was retcon the event so it never happened; ie, he put thoughts in Ye Gucheng's INNER MONOLOGUE about how badly he was wounded, then claims it was all just faked.

As CC likes to put it, 'Gulong lied to us'.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Which is why I put it at #1, ranking it above freezing time, space and turning the bleepin' universe upside down.
    But... Can you retcon a frozen universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    But... Can you retcon a frozen universe?
    I think those DC and Marvel guys have retconned stronger stuff over the years. The retcon power knows no boundaries - just like Prajna Palm!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I don't particularly like the word retcon. Every time I see it, it reminds me of

click to show/hide spoilers
    rectum

But, I digress.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    No, what Gulong did was retcon the event so it never happened; ie, he put thoughts in Ye Gucheng's INNER MONOLOGUE about how badly he was wounded, then claims it was all just faked.

As CC likes to put it, 'Gulong lied to us'.
    How does Gu Long's retcon make YGC the top swordsman? What's all this stuff about omnipotent powers? I'm really lost...

How does Gu Long's retcon make YGC the top swordsman? What's all this stuff about omnipotent powers? I'm really lost...
    Heh, I assume you are quite new around this board?

Its just us taking the piss by poking fun at the idiosyncrasies of JY and GL's writings.

I think those DC and Marvel guys have retconned stronger stuff over the years. The retcon power knows no boundaries - just like Prajna Palm!
    In 1986, after CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, DC basically erased the 45-year histories of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, claiming that none of what people had read about the characters during the previous 45 or so years of comics represented the experiences of the characters. Instead, their histories would be rebuilt from the ground up starting from comics published by DC from 1986 onward.

And now, we've got FINAL CRISIS...perhaps to reboot the DCU continuity once again.

Heh, I assume you are quite new around this board?

Its just us taking the piss by poking fun at the idiosyncrasies of JY and GL's writings.
    Ahhhh I see. So all those GL swordsmen accomplishments shouldn't be taken literally?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    In 1986, after CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, DC basically erased the 45-year histories of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, claiming that none of what people had read about the characters during the previous 45 or so years of comics represented the experiences of the characters. Instead, their histories would be rebuilt from the ground up starting from comics published by DC from 1986 onward.

And now, we've got FINAL CRISIS...perhaps to reboot the DCU continuity once again.
    Maybe they can do a 'Recon' as well. Telling people that; 'Oh, btw. That issue of Action Comics #1 from 1938 is actually canon again*'.

*until the next retcon of course.

Ahhhh I see. So all those GL swordsmen accomplishments shouldn't be taken literally?
    Actually, that is debatable and can be argued either way. Which is part of the fun.

Maybe they can do a 'Recon' as well. Telling people that; 'Oh, btw. That issue of Action Comics #1 from 1938 is actually canon again*'.
    They've done *something* like that since INFINITE CRISIS (2005-2006), which restored much of Superman's Silver Age history after it had been deleted in the late 1980s after CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.

The current Superman's mythos is most closely based on the Christopher Reeve movies.

Didn't Superman get killed by Doomsday? I haven't been following DC in a long while.

Actually, that is debatable and can be argued either way. Which is part of the fun.
    Ah I see, thanks.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 01-14-09 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Right. Since there are many ways to say the same thing, we just pick the one that sounds better.
    Thats weird. Why don't you just use the original and insist on changing it, when its not even saying the same thing. ie, not a translation issue.

Didn't Superman get killed by Doomsday? I haven't been following DC in a long while.
    That was never meant to last. He was back within a year (although they made him wear an unstylish and unsightly mullet for about three years after he returned).

Tomorrow, in the sixth issue of FINAL CRISIS, DC *might* be killing Batman.

Yes, I'm going to die tomorrow.

There were so many elite fighters in central plain, no wonder the rest of the world were inferior. This explain why central plain was considered center of world. I wonder whether there was any muay thai fighter had the courage traveling to central plain to fight

just joking.

Wow, either we are converting TC. Or he's throwing the troll facade.