Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gigi Lai getting married

People just have different opinions. There are many families that on welfare, and guess what, their wife, husband and kids are still together.
    That's why the government get out to help poor people and put so much into welfare money every year.

And if everyone want a rich man, then people that work at McDonald or $8 per hour job would not have any family. Guess what, they all have family and kids. I know many men who work at McDonald for like 20+ years and still happily married.

And not all actresses married millionairs neither, there are many actress western and asian who married actors who make the same as them, or even some married normal people who not even in the entertainment industry.

And there are 7 billions people in this world, even a guy without a job, or poor. I'm sure there are those who stood by their husband side. How many people can we see in this world? Or it is just the Media that we watching, Those actors, high living style people we see.

And people do meet rich people in real life. My friend who went to UCLA, later went to USC to obtained her Medical degree, she met rich guys in her life but she didn't married them. She end up married someone she met before she went to college.

It all come down to your personal preference. There no right or wrong answer, what ever float your Boat. But remember, something float your boat does Not mean it will float other boats.
    Last edited by clfan; 02-02-09 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clfan View Post
    People just have different opinions. There are many families that on welfare, and guess what, their wife, husband and kids are still together.
    That's why the government get out to help poor people and put so much into welfare money every year.

And if everyone want a rich man, then people that work at McDonald or $8 per hour job would not have any family. Guess what, they all have family and kids. I know many men who work at McDonald for like 20+ years and still happily married.

And not all actresses married millionairs neither, there are many actress western and asian who married actors who make the same as them, or even some married normal people who not even in the entertainment industry.

And there are 7 billions people in this world, even a guy without a job, or poor. I'm sure there are those who stood by their husband side. How many people can we see in this world? Or it is just the Media that we watching, Those actors, high living style people we see.

And people do meet rich people in real life. My friend who went to UCLA, later went to USC to obtained her Medical degree, she met rich guys in her life but she didn't married them. She end up married someone she met before she went to college.

It all come down to your personal preference. There no right or wrong answer, what ever float your Boat. But remember, something float your boat does Not mean it will float other boats.
    I agree and we all have different opinions. I didn't say that all actresses married rich millionaires. Don't you notice that most(not all, but most) actresses either marry someone rich or another actor...

With the welfare thing, I think those cases are more for new immigrants that cannot make a living yet due to language barriers and other factors. Those cases are once again, special cases. However, I think that is only something that lasts for a certain period of time. If the guy/husband did not eventually find a job, I wonder about his wife and kids...

The McDonald's case.. I still question. I am guessing those people made it to the high positions and earned a decent salary.

I know that there are some women that do stand by their husband's side even if they are poor or don't have a job. I think in those particulars cases it is probably because that woman is the main breadwinner. Times are different now since in some cases, women make more than men. However,within the large majority of couples, the guy is still the main breadwinner since the woman have to take of the kids.

Anyways, there are exceptions and things vary from case to case....I usually just try to speak in general. IN general, it is true that money is one of the main factors in looking for a husband and in some cases a wife too...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

lol, i dunno what else to say.....i didn't mean anything, so my apology
    let shake hands and be friends, lol

maybe it just me, i didn't grow up in a rich family. people i know around me is people who just normal. I grow up seeing their family form, like my friends. We all went to high school together, go seperate ways in college. Then later when we have reunions, all my friends I know end up married their high school sweet heart or married average people.

I guess it because they not actresses, they just normal people. As for me, I am very thankful of what I have, i'm not rich, i'm not poor. I have a nice husband and a great family who stood by each other when we poor. I agree with what you said about Gigi an actress and used to live a high life style so it understandable. But with normal people like me, I never live a high life style, so I have nothing to be used to therefore I don't need a millionair to be happy.

lol, i dunno what else to say.....i didn't mean anything, so my apology
    let shake hands and be friends, lol

maybe it just me, i didn't grow up in a rich family. people i know around me is people who just normal. I grow up seeing their family form, like my friends. We all went to high school together, go seperate ways in college. Then later when we have reunions, all my friends I know end up married their high school sweet heart or married average people.

I guess it because they not actresses, they just normal people. As for me, I am very thankful of what I have, i'm not rich, i'm not poor. I have a nice husband and a great family who stood by each other when we poor. I agree with what you said about Gigi an actress and used to live a high life style so it understandable. But with normal people like me, I never live a high life style, so I have nothing to be used to therefore I don't need a millionair to be happy.
    Yea, I didn't mean to go against your opinions either.. Peace...

I didn't grow up in a rich family either and my parents never cared for riches either. But they do require my potential mate to have a decent career and all. He does not need to be rich. However, my relatives care a lot about money and that is all they ever refer to... If anyone in my family married someone rich, they would get all jealous and gossip..My relatives are such money minded people.

But money is not everything... Even though actresses may have a materistically good life, who knows about their emotional side??? I think being emotionally happy is more important. I have always valued health, happiness and so many other things more than money.

My brother does not blame Gigi at all. He said that most actresses get into the entertainment circle to live the high life so of course, why would they marry someone poor or not that rich, right??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Lol my issue with the meeting rich people thing is that you seem to make it sound like everyone has the choice and option of selecting a millionaire or even a well-off person, but because they don't love money and value other things more, they CHOOSE other options and other partners in life.

Well the truth is that MANY people don't even have that option. Rich people are often very picky about who they find just because there ARE so many people out there who value their money. So unless you're a great match for them or you're extremely young/beautiful/sexy, most of the time, you won't be able to get the rich person anyway.

And another HUGE misconception is that rich people are unhappy and poor people are happier. That is so not true. It's really up to the individual, and while money can make one more greedy, the lack of money can also make one petty and bitter.

As for standing by your man, yea sure, I can stand by him...I'm not gonna desert him the moment he loses his job. But if he just sits there and twiddles his thumbs or goes into great depression about it without doing jack, then no, I won't continue being a suga momma.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post

As for standing by your man, yea sure, I can stand by him...I'm not gonna desert him the moment he loses his job. But if he just sits there and twiddles his thumbs or goes into great depression about it without doing jack, then no, I won't continue being a suga momma.
    wow. leaving him while he's in depression? eh ... quite cruel.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

I honestly question if Gigi's marriage with this millionaire will last?? I used to think that marriage was a secure bond for life, but we have seen so many examples from the circle and real life too so lets see... I hope that she will be happy though...

If a middle class wife like me can last with my marriage. A family with a house cover their heads, food on the table for their husband/wife/children, and once in a while the whole family go on a sweet little vacation. Then I don't see why someone like GiGi who married a Billionair wouldn't last, certainly would last longer than normal people.
    The question is: When his Billionair business goes sour, when he no longer be as rich as he is right now. Would Gigi loves him enough to stick by him and live an average normal life with him.
    Last edited by clfan; 02-03-09 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    wow. leaving him while he's in depression? eh ... quite cruel.
    I think Rosie is being... realistic and honest about it. Being around a depressed person is not easy, not to mention you have to try pull him out of it. And in the case that Rosie mentioned, the guy not doing anything to help himself, it's too hard. 'Cos nobody can help you unless you want to help yourself.

How do you help someone who condemned himself already, and is acting like you owed him a living? If you get too involved, his depression (and uselessness) can actually destroy YOU, who's not depressed in the first place.

Sticking around as support is idealistic. How many people can really do that, even if they meant to do it in the first place? It's too much emotional and financial baggage, unless you are too rich to care.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 02-03-09 at 11:06 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Lol yes, the moment he mentions the word 'depression', I am BOLTING...uhh right.

Yea, it really depends if the love is still there, if he is willing to seek treatment, if there is any hope for the family, etc. It's not a simple case of "I'm gonna stand ma man thru thick and thin yo!"

If a middle class wife like me can last with my marriage. A family with a house cover their heads, food on the table for their husband/wife/children, and once in a while the whole family go on a sweet little vacation. Then I don't see why someone like GiGi who married a Billionair wouldn't last, certainly would last longer than normal people.
    The question is: When his Billionair business goes sour, when he no longer be as rich as he is right now. Would Gigi loves him enough to stick by him and live an average normal life with him.
    Well, with the number of divorces these days, you question EVERY marriage. And no, the reason does not always have to do with money or whether you are rich or not. You are really naive if you think that Gigi marriage will last just because she married someone rich. Have you seen all of the recent divorces lately? Not just in the circle, but in real life as well??

Well, people this day keep saying that money is so important to retain a marriage, then I don't see how someone married a Billionair won't last? Certainly would last more than middle class family.
    Bingo, this is what I'm trying to tell you. Money doesn't guarantee happiness. A marriage fails can be a lot of reasons, might be easy as the love is not there anymore.
    I'll tell you this, I know someone who married a rich man (not very rich, but sure have a lot of business). Guess what, he always busy taking care of his business. He doesn't have enough time with his wife and she wasn't happy. They end up get a divorce, because she found out that money can't buy all those lonely nights without a husband.
    With me, a middle class wife but I have my husband home every night with me. We not rich, but at least the love bond it built up can retain our marriage.
    That's is what I been saying, a marriage last contained a lot of factors. If you married for money, once your husband money run low or his business goes sour. You going to be a very very sad person running around finding another rich man to married. (Note: I'm talking gerneral here, not about GiGi case)
    Last edited by clfan; 02-03-09 at 05:53 PM.

Yeah but if your husband is suddenly unemployed and your whole family is starving, I'm sure you'll have other issues to think about other than the fact he's spending ALLLLLL his time with you. I'm not saying you should leave him then because money is the only factor, but just that it'll be something hard to overcome in a marriage. Sure you could overcome it, but it's not ideal.

There are lots of married rich people who are doing just fine, so this whole thing about not spending enough time with their family isn't a strong argument. If the marriage has issues, whether or not the person is rich, they'll find ways to negate their responsibilities and time with their family.

Just because you're in a happy relationship doesn't mean that money isn't a factor. I don't know if you've actually been in a situation where you essentially were on social assistance, living in shelters, and barely having enough to keep your kids fed, well I think it's easy for many of us to say that money doesn't matter.

No one said that we need a billionaire, and that's where my original argument came from. How many people that you actually know have a chance to MEET a billionaire and have the billionaire want to marry them?

And sometimes having money is a sign of success in today's society. The fact you can make it (legally lol) is a sign of your initiative, skills, and what-not. That is also an admirable trait, because not everyone can just be rich if they want to. I'm not talking about people who just inherit a fortune and sit at home twiddling their thumbs and enjoying their luxuries. But for a person to get through professional school, to maintain a profitable business, to rise to a managerial position is not something ANYONE can do---and I think it's more that factor that impresses me than just the fact someone has money.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Yeah but if your husband is suddenly unemployed and your whole family is starving, I'm sure you'll have other issues to think about other than the fact he's spending ALLLLLL his time with you. I'm not saying you should leave him then because money is the only factor, but just that it'll be something hard to overcome in a marriage. Sure you could overcome it, but it's not ideal.

There are lots of married rich people who are doing just fine, so this whole thing about not spending enough time with their family isn't a strong argument. If the marriage has issues, whether or not the person is rich, they'll find ways to negate their responsibilities and time with their family.

Just because you're in a happy relationship doesn't mean that money isn't a factor. I don't know if you've actually been in a situation where you essentially were on social assistance, living in shelters, and barely having enough to keep your kids fed, well I think it's easy for many of us to say that money doesn't matter.

No one said that we need a billionaire, and that's where my original argument came from. How many people that you actually know have a chance to MEET a billionaire and have the billionaire want to marry them?

And sometimes having money is a sign of success in today's society. The fact you can make it (legally lol) is a sign of your initiative, skills, and what-not. That is also an admirable trait, because not everyone can just be rich if they want to. I'm not talking about people who just inherit a fortune and sit at home twiddling their thumbs and enjoying their luxuries. But for a person to get through professional school, to maintain a profitable business, to rise to a managerial position is not something ANYONE can do---and I think it's more that factor that impresses me than just the fact someone has money.
    VERY well said 999roses! That was what I wanted to say to clfan. I think she is too ideal sometimes or is really fortunate to not have go through really hard economical times yet, so it is easy for to say that money is not a factor. Money cannot always buy happiness...

Well, people this day keep saying that money is so important to retain a marriage, then I don't see how someone married a Billionair won't last? Certainly would last more than middle class family.
    Bingo, this is what I'm trying to tell you. Money doesn't guarantee happiness. A marriage fails can be a lot of reasons, might be easy as the love is not there anymore.
    I'll tell you this, I know someone who married a rich man (not very rich, but sure have a lot of business). Guess what, he always busy taking care of his business. He doesn't have enough time with his wife and she wasn't happy. They end up get a divorce, because she found out that money can't buy all those lonely nights without a husband.
    With me, a middle class wife but I have my husband home every night with me. We not rich, but at least the love bond it built up can retain our marriage.
    That's is what I been saying, a marriage last contained a lot of factors. If you married for money, once your husband money run low or his business goes sour. You going to be a very very sad person running around finding another rich man to married. (Note: I'm talking gerneral here, not about GiGi case)
    You are really lost.... Why do you think that someone that marries a millionaire will have a lasting marriage?? Of course marriages fail for a number of different reasons. Isn't that what I said before??

Once again, you cannot use just one random example and generalize it to everyone. Of course if you marry only for money, once the guy runs low on money, the girl would definately leave him..UNLESS, she suddenly grew to love him... That is so obvious.

you people are so way out of line.. who ever she marries is her business.. does she have to ask for your permission if it's right or not!!! same thing with Zhang ziyi.. what she does in her own time with her lover is her personal life. What does it effect anyone's business!

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    you people are so way out of line.. who ever she marries is her business.. does she have to ask for your permission if it's right or not!!! same thing with Zhang ziyi.. what she does in her own time with her lover is her personal life. What does it effect anyone's business!
    It is true that she can marry who she likes and for whatever reason she likes. However, she is a celebrity so we have the right to discuss about it. Who said that we were stopping her or objecting to it since we aren't her family members or close friends? Celebrities cannot have 100% privacy since they are public figures. That is a price that they pay for entering the circle. If you say that, then why do you comment on Shui Ling or any other actress then?? What they do is also their business.... However, as a fan or audience member, we have the right to say what we think and express our opinions....

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    It is true that she can marry who she likes and for whatever reason she likes. However, she is a celebrity so we have the right to discuss about it. Who said that we were stopping her or objecting to it since we aren't her family members or close friends? Celebrities cannot have 100% privacy since they are public figures. That is a price that they pay for entering the circle. If you say that, then why do you comment on Shui Ling or any other actress then?? What they do is also their business.... However, as a fan or audience member, we have the right to say what we think and express our opinions....
    yes you are right that we can express our opinions but most of the first posts people were so out of line comparing her to prostitutes .i dont mind people have opnions of her but dont bash her. i'm not a fans of hers but these types of things is what made most korean actors commit suicides. Mainly they can't take the public bashing at them like are the low life of society.Even if they know that being a celeb has consequences but still when people talk about you it will affect you; little or small.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    yes you are right that we can express our opinions but most of the first posts people were so out of line comparing her to prostitutes .i dont mind people have opnions of her but dont bash her. i'm not a fans of hers but these types of things is what made most korean actors commit suicides. Mainly they can't take the public bashing at them like are the low life of society.Even if they know that being a celeb has consequences but still when people talk about you it will affect you; little or small.
    I know that we sort of went off about the prostitute issue and all, but it's not like she will come here and read it. Therefore, I don't think it is a big deal if we are just discussing it. I highly doubt that anything we say here will affect her or any other artist at all. We don't have any authority at all, therefore, what we say will not mean anything at all. However, I agree that IF I had power like a reporter for example, I would be really careful about what I say or write because it will affect the general public and the celebrity themselves.

So, what are the culprits so far? Gigi, Liu Tao, Melissa Ng,Claire Yiu, Zhang Zi yi, Gong Li, Halina Tam
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07