Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gallen Lo engaged, to be married end of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BebeReen View Post
    and actually they didn't have the right to stop us from taking pictures. It's a public area, where people usually hang out, shopping and eat.
    That makes no sense. You have the right to take pictures of someone else's wedding photo shoot, but they don't have a right to stop you if they were uncomfortable with that?

They had every right to tell you not to take pictures if they weren't happy with it. Whatever their reasons are for doing so is a different issue, and how they told you is also a different issue.

I get that you weren't happy with the way they told you (and I gave the benefit of the doubt to you), but that last statement is just absurd.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Bebereen,

You may also want to put yourself in their position too. Even if you are who you are, let alone a star, say you were having your wedding photo shot and someone walked pass just snapped at you. How would be your reaction? What's more when they are actor & actress.

i am not going to quarell with anyone. you don't have to be so mad ok!!???
    you have to know, they did the photoshoot in netherlands, and in here we are absolutely free to take picture of anything we want, even though there are couples making love or naked or do watever in the public area, we still have the right to snap them. it's not like we sneaked into their hotel or house and then snapped pictures of them. so do you understand now???? besides that, having people snapping their pictures is a risk of a public figure!

shortsight : i also had my pre wed pictures in last april, we also got snapped by bypassers and we were happy as everyone was happy for us. let alone the movie stars which suppossed to act cool when got peoples attention

Ok, just because you're "free" to take pictures doesn't mean you have to or that it's appropriate to. Not everyone knows the etiquette of the country, and not everyone will be comfortable with it even if they know of it. People have every right to tell people to stop doing something to them that they're uncomfortable with.

For the record, no one is getting mad at you. If you post something on a forum, don't expect everyone to agree with what you say.
    My love and my agony.

i actually don't have any problems if they stopped us to snap, but i don't like the way he treated the asians. if they didn't like people taking their pictures, they should at least told everyone who was taking the pics to stop, not only toward us, asians!

i actually don't have any problems if they stopped us to snap, but i don't like the way he treated the asians. if they didn't like people taking their pictures, they should at least told everyone who was taking the pics to stop, not only toward us, asians!
    They most probably thought you were the paparazzi instead of fans. How long will this take to get into your head?

FYI, the paparazzi in Hong Kong are really terrifying, and they WILL follow celebrities EVERYWHERE possible. The West sure has their own fair share of scary paparazzi, but which do you think is of more 'threat' to Gallen and his wife?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

it was so ridiculous that they allowed people who are not their fans to take pictures of them, and when they thought that maybe we are their fans, they didn't allowed us to take the pics.

okay, how if you, his fans, were really excited when you met them but they chased you away and didn't allowed you to take pictures when everyone else were allowed to snap?? how will you feel?? don't tell me you will understand his position and then keep supporting them. they shouldn't do that toward people that they didn't even know is their fans or paparazzis.

okay, how if you, his fans, were really excited when you met them but they chased you away and didn't allowed you to take pictures when everyone else were allowed to snap?? how will you feel?? don't tell me you will understand his position and then keep supporting them. they shouldn't do that toward people that they didn't even know is their fans or paparazzis.
    Why don't you just admit that you are his fan and felt angry at being spurned? You mentioned the fans thing way too often and is strangely angry at something that isn't really significant. You are making it so obvious despite repeated denials (which make it even more obvious especially when nobody was asking about it).

Jaded and Jiang Bao had given sound explanations about the paparazzi thing, it's just that you are too hurt to accept any explanations and reasons other than your own.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 09-15-09 at 11:03 PM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Ok, an Asian movie star couple goes into a fairly unknown town in the Netherlands to take their wedding pictures.
    Two Asian people approach them with cameras. Given the location and occasion, it's safe to assume that their bet is on you guys being the paparazzi. Why? Paparazzi are more likely than fans to follow the stars around everywhere they go, even if they are trying to do something more private and personal, such as taking wedding pictures (and for the record, having a wedding or wedding photo shoot outdoors does not make it less private or personal than having it inside).

Also, fans of celebrities usually try to respect the celebrities and would more likely to ask permission for photographs. You guys probably didn't ask, which made you more suspicious to them.
    Last edited by xJadedx; 09-15-09 at 11:07 PM.
    My love and my agony.

guo xiang: why would i have to deny if i am really their fans?? it would be much easier for me to scold them if i am their big fans. so funny!
    i just thought how if i am really their fans? is that fair to the people that always supporting them to be treated like that?

People have said the following many different times but you continue to nag on how they "mistreat their fans"... they thought you were paparazzi!

Secondly, you aren't even their fans!

I can understand you getting upset if you went up to them nicely and told them you were their fans and asked for permission to take their pics and they told you to scram, but the way the situation unwrapped, it is perfectly reasonable for them to assume that you were paparazzi. No doubt similar situations have occurred to them with real paparazzi before.

Really, what happened to you is no big deal at all. If you are as big a drama queen in real life as you make yourself look like here, it's no surprise that people would act rude toward you.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

I do not want to pour gas into fire but what they did to BebeReen is seriously wrong. If they do not want people to take pictures that is totally understandable then they should not allow anyone to take it. If they allow the dutch to take pictures freely, while chasing BebeReen and her friend away and being rude to them just because they are asian, then that is really really wrong. It's like he treated asians as second class people. As for Gallon Lo, I am neutral to him. Neither a fan of his nor dislike him.

thanks, finally someone can understand my feeling. I've told you all, i didn't take it as a problem if they didn't want us to snap their picture, but at least they should told everybody, not only toward us. they should announce loudly that this is a personal or private ocassion. Can you imagine how embarassed we were at that time? when all the peoples staring at us like we just did very terrible thing?? we did nothing wrong and then we were chased away and then got cursing from you all? thank you so much jiang bao!! you are the one who talk so rude to people, not me. be a gentleman please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I do not want to pour gas into fire but what they did to BebeReen is seriously wrong. If they do not want people to take pictures that is totally understandable then they should not allow anyone to take it. If they allow the dutch to take pictures freely, while chasing BebeReen and her friend away and being rude to them just because they are asian, then that is really really wrong. It's like he treated asians as second class people. As for Gallon Lo, I am neutral to him. Neither a fan of his nor dislike him.
    Ok, did you not read anything anyone else has posted?
    They weren't chasing them away only because they are Asian, but because they were worried that they were paparazzi. Given that Gallen and his wife are Asian stars who are popular mainly in Asia, do you think they'd more likely to be chased by Asian paparazzi or Dutch paparazzi? Obviously Asian. Given that there probably are not THAT many Asian people in Utrecht or Netherlands to begin with (compared to somewhere like Canada or USA), seeing a random Asian person with a camera will understandably make the Gallen and his wife worried that they may be paparazzi. But local Dutch people are less alarming to them, since they'd probably know that local Dutch people don't even know who they are and are less likely to post the pictures for improper usage.
    I agree that they didn't have to be rude about it. But they were not reacting the way they did because BebeReen was Asian, per se.
    My love and my agony.

thanks, finally someone can understand my feeling. I've told you all, i didn't take it as a problem if they didn't want us to snap their picture, but at least they should told everybody, not only toward us. they should announce loudly that this is a personal or private ocassion. Can you imagine how embarassed we were at that time? when all the peoples staring at us like we just did very terrible thing?? we did nothing wrong and then we were chased away and then got cursing from you all? thank you so much jiang bao!! you are the one who talk so rude to people, not me. be a gentleman please!!
    So you only want people to understand YOUR feeling, but you didn't even try to understand Gallen and his wife's feelings? How many times do people have to explain to you why they did what they did?

Also, others HAVE said that the way Gallen and his wife responded may not have been the best way, so it's not like people are saying you deserved to be treated like that. What people are saying is that they had a very legitimate reason to react the way they did, but obviously they should have handled it better. But you don't seem to get that.

Also, no one is cursing you - stop misinterpreting what others say.
    My love and my agony.

don't forget what the assistant told us. she said that they didn't want us to post their pictures on blog or something like that. so, the conclusion is: they didn't allowed us to snap their pictures not because they thought us as paparazzis, but they are worry that asian people might know who they are and then will post their pictures and tell everyone around this world.

jaded : didn't u read what jiang bao post??

don't forget what the assistant told us. she said that they didn't want us to post their pictures on blog or something like that. so, the conclusion is: they didn't allowed us to snap their pictures not because they thought us as paparazzis, but they are worry that asian people might know who they are and then will post their pictures and tell everyone around this world.
    You do realize that a lot of paparazzi photos end up on blogs right? Like Perez Hilton, Superficial, are all blogs that thrive on posting paparazzi pictures of celebrities. Also, even if you were just a fan and posted pictures on a blog for your own usage, other paparazzi can take those pictures and use them for improper purposes. So the point about them worrying that you're a paparazzi still stands.

But wait, I think I already mentioned this before and it didn't get to you.

jaded : didn't u read what jiang bao post??
    I did. Maybe you're upset because he used the phrase "drama queen." But he didn't call you a drama queen, he said that IF you are like a drama queen. It's neither an insult nor a curse, mere speculation/hypothetical.
    Last edited by xJadedx; 09-16-09 at 12:38 AM.
    My love and my agony.