Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gallen Lo engaged, to be married end of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    ..... If they do not want people to take pictures that is totally understandable then they should not allow anyone to take it.
    So, what do you suggest the couple should do to avoid their pictures being taken by BebeReen and/or friend? Hide somewhere?

If they allow the dutch to take pictures freely, while chasing BebeReen and her friend away and being rude to them just because they are asian, then that is really really wrong.
    I think....(the couple) at a strike of genius, they probably psychologically feel that the Netherlanders had only wished to take down their moment of happiness rather than intending to put it up somewhere to, say "show off".

It's like he treated asians as second class people. As for Gallon Lo, I am neutral to him. Neither a fan of his nor dislike him.
    No, apparently, Gallen Lo is well known in Asia, yes or no? Seeing another fellow Asian, I can understand his fear/ annoyance to the thought of having their pictures distributed in any manner, rather than solely for keepsake. Besides, think: having to choose a rather obscure foreign land to shoot their wedding pictures and stuff, isn't it obvious that their intention is like to be out of those unnecessary attention?

BebeReen, I understand that you probably still can't get over that upset. Take a chill pill.

You see, I had been in quite a similar situation, only that the actor and actresses were filming away, likely for a drama in a public area. So, I was going to video or snap pictures of parts of the scenes. Then one of the assistant who wasn't that friendly approached and warned us to put away the cameras. And, there was this old white guy, instigated by his teeny filipino gf, began snapping pictures of the celebrities. Guess what, the white guy, who almost caused an ugly scene with the unfriendly assistant openly blabbed that similar line "What's your problem? This is a public area!".

I feel that people should learn what respecting other's privacy is all about! I mean, you're free to do something as long as in the process, it doesn't caused other's privacy/rights.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-16-09 at 12:54 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

But wait, I think I already mentioned this before and it didn't get to you.[/quote]

the same also goes to you.

then it means that they take all asians as paparazzis, not fans. they should have asked nicely or maybe take a look at our identification cards before chasing people?

Quote Originally Posted by BebeReen View Post

then it means that they take all asians as paparazzis, not fans. they should have asked nicely or maybe take a look at our identification cards before chasing people?
    I'm afraid that only applies to you. Jaded has explained the bolded parts at least thrice.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

What goes to me? A cookie? I'd like that .

Ok, people DID say repeatedly that they should have handled the situation better and in a nicer way. No one was denying that they were being rude. All people were saying is that they had a good reason for reacting the way they did. Having a reason to react in a way and reacting in a rude way are two separate things.

But you keep ignoring these statements and go on about irrelevant things. How would looking at your ID solve anything? Do you think paparazzi have IDs that say "paparazzi" on them? Do you think a Gallen fan would have some sort of "Gallen Fan ID Badge?" Most likely not. And I have stated why given the location and occasion, it made more sense to assume you guys were paparazzi rather than fans.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

my identification card written clearly that i am a dutch, not chinese or hongkongnese. why would a dutch be their paparazzi?

my identification card written clearly that i am a dutch, not chinese or hongkongnese. why would a dutch be their paparazzi?
    You can have a fake ID. Most paparazzi probably do.
    My love and my agony.

Why would they demand to see your ID card any way? They are not cops. Had they done that, you would have a new complaint of how they treated you like a criminal, and IDs can be faked.

But wait, I think I already mentioned this before and it didn't get to you.

Did you mentioned you have gone through wedding shoots and stuff? It's tiring, isn't it? I bet the same goes to them, and are you cool enough to even think that they probably have another notice which they are required to rush for?

Hey, does it occur to you that, just as they weren't cool enough to verify your indentities in there, you are just not as cool to think in their shoes and/or to comprehend where we're (against your point) coming from?
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-16-09 at 01:08 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Jaded WenEr, I read all the posts before I made a post.
    Cedric, let me more specific. If Gallon Lo worried about paparazzi, then all he had to do is announce ahead of time that only friends and family can take pictures of their wedding, not the public. If he allowed the dutchs do it freely while chasing BebeReen and her friend away and treated them badly is something seriously wrong. Based on what BebeReen said, not only the assistant treated them badly but Gallon Lo and his wife as well.

Jaded WenEr, I read all the posts before I made a post.
    Cedric, let me more specific. If Gallon Lo worried about paparazzi, then all he had to do is announce ahead of time that only friends and family can take pictures of their wedding, not the public. If he allowed the dutchs do it freely while chasing BebeReen and her friend away and treated them badly is something seriously wrong. Based on what BebeReen said, not only the assistant treated them badly but Gallon Lo and his wife as well.
    If only such notices work for paparazzi, the celebrities would never have to hide or get upset again.

In that way, Gallen sink his boat as well. He'd have alerted the paparazzis to head down to where he is.

So, any other sane suggestions?

lol poor bebe. Having TC jumping in to defend doesn't exactly help her cause, more likely to condemn it as the less popular response.

Guys, clearly Gallen Lo is a racist towards his own race. He's allophilic, which explains why he married another asian.

Gallen and co. made one incorrect assumption in that you were a paparrazi, but also one correct one in that you weren't a fan.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    If only such notices work for paparazzi, the celebrities would never have to hide or get upset again.
    then wat's the point of them chasing us away if he knew such notices cannot work for paparazzis???

then wat's the point of them chasing us away if he knew such notices cannot work for paparazzis???
    Clearly the two points are on different basis... but nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    lol poor bebe. Having TC jumping in to defend doesn't exactly help her cause, more likely to condemn it as the less popular response.
    Well, I just expressed my opinion about the situation just like everyone else.

Guys, clearly Gallen Lo is a racist towards his own race. He's allophilic, which explains why he married another asian.

Gallen and co. made one incorrect assumption in that you were a paparrazi, but also one correct one in that you weren't a fan.
    Why do you have to use the race card in this situation?? Don't you have a better argument?? I wouldn't call Gallon Lo a racist but he is like some of the chinese restaurant owners who treat caucasian customers better than asian customers. If you think it's justified for him to treat asian as second class people in the public then be it. To me, that is something seriously wrong.

BebeReen, if you want justice then you should post your story in other asian forums as well so other people know the real face of him.

Asians or not is actually not related to this issue, but rather depends on the situation. You are souding as if they are racist. If they were in HK taking wedding shots, they surely wouldn't mind "Asians" snapping photos at them. Now, transfer this to Netherland, that two Asians stand out among other Europeans, there's goes the trigger when they thought these two Asians are paparazzi.

Their manager did request not to post to the net, but not confiscating away your negative/flash card; so how does that mean chasing you away?? Plus, given the circumstances that you were taking the photo far away, versus the rest of the people who were near them, you stand out even more.

We've seen how paparazzi have been terrifying the stars; take Princess Diana for example. In the act of escaping them, she got herself killed.

Okay, so we understand your upset, but most of us also do not think you should be that 'upset'. Since you are not his fan anyway, so what are you trying to achieve? Revenge by spreading this over the net, painting a bad image of them, fanning the fire hoping that the public will start grilling them? If not, just get over it.

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head in bewilderment.

LOL!

Oy.

Those two do form a sort of symmetry though... I suppose. Same personality type and same keen cognitive ability.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Asian celeb-obsessed fans and tourists with camera permanently glued to their faces are among the most annoying things in the world. Hardly surprising that Gallen Lo (have no idea who that sucker is, but he's getting married so he's a sucker) cracked the sith.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Why do you have to use the race card in this situation?? Don't you have a better argument?? I wouldn't call Gallon Lo a racist but he is like some of the chinese restaurant owners who treat caucasian customers better than asian customers. If you think it's justified for him to treat asian as second class people in the public then be it. To me, that is something seriously wrong.
    Hahaha, wow, way to miss yittz's point.

BebeReen, if you want justice then you should post your story in other asian forums as well so other people know the real face of him.
    How do you know what BebeReen said is the "real face" of the guy? How do you know that BebeReen's story is even completely true, and not exaggerated by her own interpretation? Maybe she's just a troll who made everything up to get kicks out of people. I've seen people on forums make up horrible stories about celebrities that appear true, but end up being complete lies and trolling. So how do you know BebeReen isn't doing the same?

I get where you're coming from with your post, but how you are able to treat things so credulously is beyond me.
    My love and my agony.

I have been reading the posts and honestly don't understand why BeBeReen has to be so upset if she is not even a fan of Gallen?? IF she was a fan then I can kind of understand why she feels the way that she does. However, she claims that she isn't so what is the BIG deal??? Also, her story seems so exaggerated and well kind of untrue. The next thing you know, it was all made up....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.