Thread: Evolution of diet

Default Evolution of diet

Yes I know we all started with breast milk or formula, then progressed to puree and solids.

I am refering to your change in diet as you mature physically and mentally from a child to an adult. What is the main influence for such a change.

Uhh... nutrition requirements?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Yes I know we all started with breast milk or formula, then progressed to puree and solids.

I am refering to your change in diet as you mature physically and mentally from a child to an adult. What is the main influence for such a change.
    Some of it is probably biochemistry - as we age our hormones influence our bodies and things taste different to us. Plus as we get older we may develop health conditions that make certain foods less appealing, i.e. lactose intolerance, allergies, stomach ulcers, etc.

Some of it is also emotional maturity. Kids often like or dislike certain foods based purely on appearance or familiarity. When we mature we realize that taste and appearance are not necessarily related, and we may become more willing to try new foods.

We're also influenced a lot by where we live, what we do for a living, and who we socialize with as we age.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

My diet is suffering from my inability to cook anything besides pasta and porridge.

i thought this thread was going to be about dieting trends these days...

anyways, for me, diet has a lot to do with habit and familiarity. it's nice to try new things once in a while, but in the end, comfort food is what I grew up with. in other words...i need my rice x_x

Me Global Sapien. Quest: Take pictures of Spiderman

MTV and sheer laziness.

I think Americans eat wayyyy too much rubbish.

Breast milk--->gooey baby food---->potato chips & coke----->KFC, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Panda Express/Bowl

Don't you guys get exasperated at the choice?
    Your panties are on too tight.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.

ETA: A friend has been pimping a book on nutrition and calories real hard. Gary Taubes' "Good Calories, Bad Calories" is not a diet book or an eating plan; it is a science book that discusses how we came to believe what we believe about fats, carbohydrates, weight control and 'diseases of civilization', and what the evidence actually indicates. It critiques the common explanations given for the causes of obesity and related illnesses, such as heart disease and diabetes. Taubes puts forth another hypothesis, along with loads of evidence to support it; these ills are actually caused by the increased consumption of refined carbohydrates, like white flour, easily digested starches, and sugars.
    Last edited by levendis d'orange; 02-15-09 at 02:48 PM.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Here's a video of a lecture Taubes gave to Stevens Institute of Technology; it should give you a good idea where he's coming from.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...41487661765149
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Nice getting the ARTS out of the way.
    (you know I'm gonna cash in the opportunity if you don't do it first)
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Subway has a nice, healthy menu for anyone who wants to loose a few pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by levendis d'orange View Post
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.

ETA: A friend has been pimping a book on nutrition and calories real hard. Gary Taubes' "Good Calories, Bad Calories" is not a diet book or an eating plan; it is a science book that discusses how we came to believe what we believe about fats, carbohydrates, weight control and 'diseases of civilization', and what the evidence actually indicates. It critiques the common explanations given for the causes of obesity and related illnesses, such as heart disease and diabetes. Taubes puts forth another hypothesis, along with loads of evidence to support it; these ills are actually caused by the increased consumption of refined carbohydrates, like white flour, easily digested starches, and sugars.
    Indeed, white rice too, to the detriment of us rice lovers. Glucose Index is a good thing to look at. You may think wholemeal bread is better than yoghurt, but yoghurt actually raises your blood glucose slower than wholemeal bread. It's not just about glucose load, it's the speed of raise that affects your insulin secretion and storage process.

Indeed, white rice too, to the detriment of us rice lovers. Glucose Index is a good thing to look at. You may think wholemeal bread is better than yoghurt, but yoghurt actually raises your blood glucose slower than wholemeal bread. It's not just about glucose load, it's the speed of raise that affects your insulin secretion and storage process.
    to make things easier...we should just all go back to formula. Now that's the circle of life!