Thread: Annoying Pop-ups!

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Default Annoying Pop-ups!

I've been getting pop-ups whenever I utilized the Google search function using IE or Firefox browser. And no, I don't frequent any site that I'm not supposed to visit. My internet usage is also very limited, but this is just freaken' annoying. I scanned my computer on a daily basis using "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scanner. In addition, I've adjusted my security settings to high level and turned on the "pop-up" blocker, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Does anyone recognize this problem? If so, please help! Thank you in advance.

Darn, I was hoping to get a respond by tonight, but I guess not.

u may have a virus. go download some of those free ones anti-virus programs.
    i like malwarebytes, make sure to get the free one and becareful at which one u download. after that just restart your computer in safe mode and run the program may take some time but it does the trick. If dont like that get the avast home edition and let it scan and kill of what it finds.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    u may have a virus. go download some of those free ones anti-virus programs.
    i like malwarebytes, make sure to get the free one and becareful at which one u download. after that just restart your computer in safe mode and run the program may take some time but it does the trick. If dont like that get the avast home edition and let it scan and kill of what it finds.
    Malwarebytes is not working for me. I'm sure there are tons of anti-virus programs out there, do you mind recommending a preference?

Edit: thanks crazy8 for your reply. I will search and download one of those anti-virus programs and pray that it will cure my problems. Stupid viruses!!!!
    Last edited by bellamia; 02-16-09 at 03:40 AM.

My preference is Spybot Search & Destroy. Once you've cleaned your system, give up on Internet Explorer, and just use Firefox. Use the IE Tab add-on if there's a site which absolutely requires IE to work. Use the Noscript add-on to disable javascript and flash as default, or Yesscript if you want to enable by default, and only bar those whom you want to bar.

spybot does not work. avg is best, if it doesnt work, then u gotta reboot or system restore to an earlier point.

i hate viruses too, i got like 3 viruses in the last 6 months. rebooted all 3 times
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!