Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Predictions

Aren't Man Utd looking for a young french player?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I think so. Benzema would be value for money. But I don't think he'll be fit to wear the #7.

The worry now is that if the deal does go through, the clubs of players that Man Utd want to buy may try to take advantage to grab as much money as possible, thereby inflating player prices.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

They need a set shot person. Rooney can't do it. They'll need Ribery or someone like him.

Honestly, do you really think that Ribery is worth all that attention and money?

I always think that he is over-rated. He is like ronaldo, except that he would be hard pressed to create his own shots.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Honestly, do you really think that Ribery is worth all that attention and money?

I always think that he is over-rated. He is like ronaldo, except that he would be hard pressed to create his own shots.

Han Solo
    I don't think Ribery is worth 60million pounds. But then again I don't think Ronaldo is worth 80million pounds.

Ribery's as good as Man Utd are going to find on the right wing and with a dead ball. Which is exactly what they need with Ronaldo gone.
    They don't need another Ronaldo, they just need someone like Beckham was and it'll be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    I don't think Ribery is worth 60million pounds. But then again I don't think Ronaldo is worth 80million pounds.

Ribery's as good as Man Utd are going to find on the right wing and with a dead ball. Which is exactly what they need with Ronaldo gone.
    They don't need another Ronaldo, they just need someone like Beckham was and it'll be good enough.
    Ribery has said he doesn't want to play in England & Bayern has said that they will only sell him for a huge fee. Between the transfer fee and what they would have to pay Ribery to get him to find England's climate acceptable I think the amount involved is more than United would be willing to pay.

There was a rumor during the winter that Barca had contacted Bayern about both Ribery and Lahm. If it were true nothing came of it, but Ribery remains the darling of a lot of Barca fans who see him as the replacement for Henri. I tend to agree with Han that he may be overated.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Tevez is still around, right? I haven't read any news of him leaving or securing any deal yet... But if Ronaldo gets sold, Man Utd may have the money to secure his services. Hopefully.
    He was not expected to play in the Champions final as he had bade farewell to MU fans. I watched Fox Sports channel and the commentator said Tevez already played his last match for MU and would not be returning next year - and that was a match before the Champions league final and he was not expected to play...

There a news that link Tevez to other clubs and it appears Manchester City is chasing him strongly.

A day full of upsets: Barca 1 Rubin 2, Liverpool 1 Lyon 2. Liverpool is in serious trouble.

Pool's owners are greedy jackasses, they sold their best player Alonso and hope the injury-prone Aquilani will be able to replace him, lmao, the italian dude hasnt even had his debut this season, now Pool are reaping what they sowed, hopefully this won-their-last-CL-by-fluke crappy club will not make it to the second stage, and Benitez will get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    Pool's owners are greedy jackasses, they sold their best player Alonso and hope the injury-prone Aquilani will be able to replace him, lmao, the italian dude hasnt even had his debut this season, now Pool are reaping what they sowed, hopefully this won-their-last-CL-by-fluke crappy club will not make it to the second stage, and Benitez will get fired.
    Well, Alonso wanted to leave too. But one can barely fault him for that. After all, he was treated like trash by Benitez during the courtship for Gareth Barry.

milan beat real at bernabeu, what unexpected result!!

milan beat real at bernabeu, what unexpected result!!
    LOL

Good for Milan! They sure showed Real!

It is not a happy time at Madrid. Benzema feels he isn't playing enough and doesn't like playing up front with Raul, Ronaldo is injured and they lose to a struggling Milan team. Plus Ronaldinho takes offense at something Raul did or said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsDgU...layer_embedded

Notice how Benzema fails to leap to his teammates defense.

this Raul issue has been here last season as well...wont be surprised if either one of them makes an exit

some people are making a fuss outta nothing. real's defense is kinda fragile but it can be temporarily fixed with proper tactics to wait for the winter transfer window to come to buy in strong defenders, besides the defense problem, theres not any big problem like internal conflict with them at the moment, dont forget in the last 10+ matches they only lost 2 when ronaldo didnt play, and lady luck also played a signicant role in their defeat by milan this early morning. for a newly rebuilt team, that win/lose ratio is not something to bemoan about.

some people are making a fuss outta nothing. real's defense is kinda fragile but it can be temporarily fixed with proper tactics to wait for the winter transfer window to come to buy in strong defenders, besides the defense problem, theres not any big problem like internal conflict with them at the moment, dont forget in the last 10+ matches they only lost 2 when ronaldo didnt play, and lady luck also played a signicant role in their defeat by milan this early morning. for a newly rebuilt team, that win/lose ratio is not something to bemoan about.
    You don't think the situation with Benzema qualifies as internal conflict?
    As for buying strong defenders this winter, Perez has seldom shown interest in defenders. Defenders usually aren't Galaticos.

Benzema is kinda not content with how Pellegrini has played him, but that is not serious enough to make a conflict. Btw Pelleg is probably gonna be sacked soon as yesterday Real was RAPED to a 0 - 4 defeat by a 3rd-tier club. Now Im curious to know who will be the new boss at the Bernabeu.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanlie Tong View Post
    You don't think the situation with Benzema qualifies as internal conflict?
    As for buying strong defenders this winter, Perez has seldom shown interest in defenders. Defenders usually aren't Galaticos.
    lol how true..remember when asked how real was going to replace Makalelee the defensive backbone of the gaslacticos era who was sold to Chelsea, he replied
    “ We will not miss Makélélé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres.”

My Predictions:
    VfB Stuttgart vs Barcelona - Barcelona
    Olympiakos vs Bordeaux - Bordeaux
    Internazionale vs Chelsea - Internazionale
    Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina - Bayern
    CSKA Moscow vs Sevilla - Sevilla
    Lyon vs Real Madrid - Real Madrid
    FC Porto vs Arsenal - Arsenal
    AC Milan vs Man Utd - ManU

Inter is my upset pick, Arsenal may have problems with Porto. I would love to see Real lose to Lyon.