Thread: 2 midgets sharing one body (Yu Canghai in XAJH 01)

Default 2 midgets sharing one body (Yu Canghai in XAJH 01)

I was wondering if there are any wuxia references to two midgets sharing one body and fooling everyone that it is one fighter.

They made Yu Canghai in XAJH 2001 composed of 2 midgets sharing one body. Where did they get this idea from? It's very creative.

Also in the movie The East is Red, the sequel to Swordsman II (yet another XAJH adaptation), the Japanese General samurai dude is also 2 midgets sharing one body.

Creativity or is there a wuxia or samurai precedence for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    I was wondering if there are any wuxia references to two midgets sharing one body and fooling everyone that it is one fighter.

They made Yu Canghai in XAJH 2001 composed of 2 midgets sharing one body. Where did they get this idea from? It's very creative.

Also in the movie The East is Red, the sequel to Swordsman II (yet another XAJH adaptation), the Japanese General samurai dude is also 2 midgets sharing one body.

Creativity or is there a wuxia or samurai precedence for it?
    I didn't think Yu Canghai was a midget himself - he just didn't have any legs. That was one of the few changes that series made that I didn't like. I thought it was just bizarre.

I don't remember that from The East is Red, either. Guess I need to go watch that movie again!
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

it was bizarre but it accounted for him being able to split his body during his fights But i have to admit that the fight scene between YHC and LPZ was incredible

in the east is red, there is this giant Japanese dude in wearing a black samurai armor. I think he's actually a midget.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    it was bizarre but it accounted for him being able to split his body during his fights But i have to admit that the fight scene between YHC and LPZ was incredible
    Agreed, it was a very good fight scene. Except for the part about him actually being two people, it stuck fairly close to the book.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。