Thread: How to Merge Video Files with Subtitles?

Default How to Merge Video Files with Subtitles?

Ok, here's the situation.

I downloaded a movie that was chopped into 2 separate parts [DVD 1 & DVD 2] and I had to download the subtitles as they didn't come with the torrent.

Now, what I want to do is MERGE the two AVI parts together, and get the subtitles to appear permanently on the merged file.

The reason I want to merge them is because I want to play them on my Ipod Nano.

Any help would be appreciated.

how the hell do you merge videos?!!? i tried that windows movie maker but its not working =S
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Default vdub

If you have AVI files, you can merge it using a freeware called virtual dub. The new version can handle other formats as well, I think. If the subtitles are on the original files, you can't remove it with v dub but you can use another freeware that blanks out the subs.

If you have the subtitle file, then you can add it using other freeware, can't remember the name. All you need to do is a little googling.